iPhone user considering switching to Galaxy S3

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you are committed to switching, then from the Operating System Perspective, you will find no major change. Whereas the core Operating System from Android is derived from an Open System variant of Linux, that of the iPhone is derived from Unix Berkeley Software Distribution.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Hi all, posting my question here in the hope that someone will be able to help!

I received my S3 on Friday to replace a 3GS...it's a brilliant phone and great having a change from iOS (lovely screen, fast, loads of options to play with), BUT I'm about to re-pack it for return in the 7 day period as I've failed to sync or update my iCal data successfully...

In iCal I have 15 different calendar categories for work, clients, family etc. I tried using SyncMate and all the data synced over OK and retained my categories, but when I update an appointment or add a new one in either iCal or on the s3 it doesn't sync across. Using Kies I ended up with all my iCal data in a single new category in iCal called GT-I9300 but I want it separated as that's how I like to work. Unless I'm doing something wrong Google Calendar seems to only have 1 calendar category to sync with iCal, so the same problem exists for me with this.

I'd love to keep the S3 but I just don't think it's going to work the way I do, & I don't want to be force into changing the way I work (using a single calendar) just because the sync can't handle multiple calendars...has anyone succeeded in syncing multiple calendar categories?

Other than that the contacts sync'd no problem using Kies and I'm sure this will also sync my itunes library (once I've converted the protected files using TuneClone!).

Cheers, Nige
  • alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dark 1 wrote: »
    Well.... I've decided to put off deciding. :D
    ...I think I'd be a bit silly to at least not wait and see what the iPhone 5 & iOS6 has to offer.
    Am many of us pre-considered this your outcome.
    Obviously 'She'll be drivin' six white horses,When she comes'.
    nigelj wrote: »
    .. I'm sure this will also sync my itunes library
    I always just copy and paste my Windows Media player library so why this special case and software needed in dealing with iTunes?