Deadpool (2016)

Comments

• mialiciousmialicious Posts: 4,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This looks entertaining, but i dont get why the character Deadpool is so popular, i'm no expert but he seems to me to just be a mix of spiderman and wolverine.
  • JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked the trailer. One of the 'funny' lines fell very flat. I will go and see it though.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    Merry Christmas!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIM1HydF9UA

February seems no closer.....

Tell me about it. I'd actually completely forgotten about this trailer as I was away for a few days over christmas, but coming back home this morning I saw someone reading a cinema magazine with a picture of deadpool and quickly had a look on my phone.

Had to bite my tongue to stop myself laughing out loud on the bus :)

Brilliant trailer and has possibly made me even more excited to see the film which I didn't think was possible.
  • D. MorganD. Morgan Posts: 4,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it looks painfully unfunny...
  • deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tell me about it. I'd actually completely forgotten about this trailer as I was away for a few days over christmas, but coming back home this morning I saw someone reading a cinema magazine with a picture of deadpool and quickly had a look on my phone.

Had to bite my tongue to stop myself laughing out loud on the bus :)

Brilliant trailer and has possibly made me even more excited to see the film which I didn't think was possible.

I can't wait for this either.
    I was so glad that the trailer was up early on Xmas day, so that I didn't have to keep looking :D
  • Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,315
    Forum Member
    It would seem R-rated simply means proper bullet wounds and profanities. Big stuff. Is this going to be the genre film that's, like, not like the others but ultimately proves to be just like the others?

Looks a little too enamoured with itself as well.
  • dellzinchtdellzincht Posts: 1,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you've read the comics, you'll know exactly why anything other than an R Rating (18 here in the UK) wouldn't work.
  • Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,315
    Forum Member
    dellzincht wrote: »
    If you've read the comics, you'll know exactly why anything other than an R Rating (18 here in the UK) wouldn't work.
    I'm sure you're right, but it still looks R-rated for fairly cosmetic reasons.

Is there something R-rated about the actual material rather than how it's put across?
  • giratalkialgagiratalkialga Posts: 240
    Forum Member
    dellzincht wrote: »
    18 isn't a direct equivalent to R; R is more of a mixture between 15 and 18; plenty of films given a 15 here have received an R in America and so have plenty of 18s. Rarely, a PG-13 film does get a 15 here instead of 12A, but the films that do are very mild for 15s.

Judging by the trailer, the comedic tone tells me that it will most likely get a 15. The violence and swearing seem to be within the 15 guidelines too, which allow for strong violence (e.g blood spray when people get shot), frequent strong language, strong sex and strong sex references.
  • misawa97misawa97 Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope its a 12A as my son will not be happy if I cant take him.
  • deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    misawa97 wrote: »
    I hope its a 12A as my son will not be happy if I cant take him.

Due to the material and the way it is being marketed it will probably be an 18, but maybe a 15
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Take this as you will, but Showcase and Empire Cinemas are advertising the film as an "18" certificate.

There's nothing on the BBFC website as yet about it, but I would assume that with less than a month to go before release, the rating may well be accurate which would be absolutely fantastic.

http://www.showcasecinemas.co.uk/films/deadpool

http://www.empirecinemas.co.uk/synopsis/deadpool/f4811
  • darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Take this as you will, but Showcase and Empire Cinemas are advertising the film as an "18" certificate.

There's nothing on the BBFC website as yet about it, but I would assume that with less than a month to go before release, the rating may well be accurate which would be absolutely fantastic.

http://www.showcasecinemas.co.uk/films/deadpool

http://www.empirecinemas.co.uk/synopsis/deadpool/f4811

Really hope this is true, I am fed up of films being watered down to get the kiddies in, like the recent awful Die Hard films.
  • SpacedoneSpacedone Posts: 2,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really hope this is true, I am fed up of films being watered down to get the kiddies in, like the recent awful Die Hard films.

When I went to watch Star Wars they had a 12a trailer for Deadpool. It was like someone had neutered the film scenes to remove the funny parts. They even rewrote some of the punchlines so the kiddies wouldn't hear things like "I'm touching myself"... people being shot was apparently ok though.
    Forum Member

It's very likely that it will be a 15. The criteria for 15 rated violence says that:
    "... violence may be strong, but it should not dwell on the infliction of pain or injury."

Taking that into account, make-up designer Bill Corso has said (about the film) that:
    "Ironically there's not as much gore as there could be, it's all portrayed pretty realistically. Deadpool does some really graphic stuff to people, but it's all quick and doesn't linger on it.

Kick-Ass' bbfcinsight also says that, "Sequences are often punctuated by humour and are heavily stylised", which could also help Deadpool get that rating too based on what we've seen already from the trailers.

(I'm really hoping that it is, because I can't see it if it's an 18 :( )
    Forum Member
    Spacedone wrote: »
    When I went to watch Star Wars they had a 12a trailer for Deadpool. It was like someone had neutered the film scenes to remove the funny parts. They even rewrote some of the punchlines so the kiddies wouldn't hear things like "I'm touching myself"... people being shot was apparently ok though.

I think that's what's known as a 'green band' trailer in the US of A, which means that it's "for appropriate audiences to accompany this features", which can be shown before films rated G to PG-13.

The uncut, red band (R) trailer got a 15 here in the UK. One trailer was even listed as an 18 on the BBFC website, although I haven't been able to find the video itself yet. Trailers get rated more harshly anyway due to the shorter running time, so a film can have an 18 rated trailer even if the film itself is a 15 (such as Ted).
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Has anyone seen any of the new promo posters for this ?

This one is one of my favorite posters of all time :)

http://cdn.wegotthiscovered.com/wp-content/uploads/Deadpool-Banner-e1452540880534.jpg
  • JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    Has anyone seen any of the new promo posters for this ?

This one is one of my favorite posters of all time :)

http://cdn.wegotthiscovered.com/wp-content/uploads/Deadpool-Banner-e1452540880534.jpg

The promo for this film has been outstanding. I've still got a soft spot for the gun poster.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love that new poster. I hope it's on the 14th in the US and not here. I don't think I could wait those extra 2 whole days :)
  • SpacedoneSpacedone Posts: 2,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that's what's known as a 'green band' trailer in the US of A, which means that it's "for appropriate audiences to accompany this features", which can be shown before films rated G to PG-13.

The uncut, red band (R) trailer got a 15 here in the UK. One trailer was even listed as an 18 on the BBFC website, although I haven't been able to find the video itself yet. Trailers get rated more harshly anyway due to the shorter running time, so a film can have an 18 rated trailer even if the film itself is a 15 (such as Ted).

Yeah I understand all of that but my point was that they were showing a trailer for an 18 rated film with 18 rated action and humour to an audience full of little kids, presumably in the hope that their parents would be interested in seeing it, and to show it to that audience they had to destroy everything that was good about it.
    Forum Member
    Spacedone wrote: »
    Yeah I understand all of that but my point was that they were showing a trailer for an 18 rated film with 18 rated action and humour to an audience full of little kids, presumably in the hope that their parents would be interested in seeing it, and to show it to that audience they had to destroy everything that was good about it.
    Indeed. I get that parents usually accompany their kids to 12A's (and go to see the 15's/18's advertised before 12A films) but it's not really an appropriate film for 12-14 year old's regardless of how watered down the content in the trailer is.
    I remember when I went to see Dawn of the Planet of the Apes a while ago and there was a 12A trailer for Kingsman played before it which, based on the trailer I saw, I thought would also be a 12A in terms of content - when I went to see said film a few months later the 15 rating surprised me at first before I saw how violent it was. It's not that I don't expect 15's to be violent, just that the 12A rating was very misleading.

(BTW, Deadpool isn't an 18 because it hasn't been rated yet. Even then, it will definitely be a 15 at least based on the red band and I totally agree that it's wrong to show any trailer for it - even a watered down one - at a 12A film)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • JoeblobJoeblob Posts: 71
    Forum Member

just seen the trailer oin that page, freakin awsome!
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    First impressions coming in. All sounds excellent so far.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The thing with comedy films is that they are very difficult to make in terms of making them funny. I mean genuinely funny.
    Deadpool has to be funny all the time.
    If they can pull it off then it's no mean feat.