Options

Logan

ShotDownInFlameShotDownInFlame Posts: 5,681
Forum Member
A trailer for the upcoming movie "Logan" featuring Hugh Jackman's final stint as Wolverine got dropped today, check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0HRx_0fimc

I LOVE how this seems to be more of an actual thought out, emotional and grounded story and not the CGI mess that X-Men movies generally tend to devolve into.

What do you guys make of it?

Comments

• Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't agree with your comment about the X-Men films in general at all, apart from a couple.

I like the look of this, but I was hoping for a glimpse of Sinister. Wolverine's never been my favourite character of mine, so I'll be glad if he takes a prolonged rest after this film.
  • Options
    SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks pretty incredible. Glad he finally got a good rating for a Wolverine movie. At least now I hope they can do a lot more stuff that they cut out because of the ratings in the previous movies. He looks awesome too. :)
  • Options
    Decepticons1Decepticons1 Posts: 484
    Forum Member
    Looks more like Joel from The Last of Us, I reckon Mel Gibson would have made a much better Old Man Logan, he has the right build and look essentially Riggs with claws.
  • Options
    Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    Going by the trailer it looks like it could be very different from the other Wolverine movies.

Could have the potential to be a truly epic swansong for Mr Jackman's time as Logan.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,270
    Forum Member
    Looks good.
  • Options
    not_the_doctornot_the_doctor Posts: 1,835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I LOVE how this seems to be more of an actual thought out, emotional and grounded story and not the CGI mess that X-Men movies generally tend to devolve into.
    Completely agree. I haven't really enjoyed any of these movies since X2, and considering the track record of the solo Wolverine movies, I didn't have particularly high hopes for Logan either. In fact, when the trailer started out with the Johnny Cash song, I kind of groaned a little, but I've gotta admit, it actually worked really well. It was so different from any of the other X movies, and this is now very high on the list of movies I look forward to seeing.
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wolverine and Hugh Jackman has always been the stand out character from the X-Men series for me. This looks like a really good way to end the series.

Kinda wish we were seeing Magneto too.
  • Options
    mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wolverine and Hugh Jackman has always been the stand out character from the X-Men series for me. This looks like a really good way to end the series.

Kinda wish we were seeing Magneto too.

Magneto is the standout character for me.
  • Options
    CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen a couple of different trailers and I am so excited for this. Really hoping for a decent Wolverine film.
  • Options
    stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At first glance it looked good but then the sense of familiarity sets in. Young girl with powers, Logan reluctantly protects her, she kicks arse the end.

X Men are amongst the best comic book adaptions although the last couple have been too much like The Avengers with CGI baddies, Hugh Jackman and Patrick Stewart look great though so the film will live or die on that drama rather than the obligatory henchmen getting sliced en masse.
  • Options
    treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks more like Joel from The Last of Us, I reckon Mel Gibson would have made a much better Old Man Logan, he has the right build and look essentially Riggs with claws.

As soon as I watched this I thought that Hugh Jackman would be the perfect 'Joel'. I think that the similarity (especially the final scene) is more than coincidental.
  • Options
    Decepticons1Decepticons1 Posts: 484
    Forum Member
    I was hoping that the girl would be the introduction to X-23, especially when I heard Charles say "she is very much like you..." Be great to see her kick some r-rated ass along side Logan in the end as an intro to her character, if it was X-23.
  • Options
    MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    Well haven't Fox released an Instagram photo of the little girl in Logan with name Laura underneath it?

The actress name of the little girl is Dafne Keen who plays her in Logan

As isn't Laura Kinney the name of X-23?
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    A_wise_guyA_wise_guy Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    A trailer for the upcoming movie "Logan" featuring Hugh Jackman's final stint as Wolverine got dropped today, check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0HRx_0fimc

What do you guys make of it?

Is this the film based on old man logan with his daughter X-23 ?

It's got shades of Léon: The Professional and Lone Wolf and Cub.

Let's hope it is a fitting end to Jackman's Wolverine contribution.
  • Options
    FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rogue seems fantastic and has a huge part unlike her small roles in the last few X-Men movies.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting to see if it gets an 18 rating here.
  • Options
    -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    FusionFury wrote: »
    Rogue seems fantastic and has a huge part unlike her small roles in the last few X-Men movies.

Is Rogue in this then?
  • Options
    deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    Is Rogue in this then?

I've not seen her in any of the trailers for this film.

This film looks great and it is the first X-Men based film that I've looked forward to in a while. Maybe it is a style that makes it look so good.

As for age rating I would have thought it would be a 15
  • Options
    andy1231andy1231 Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    Didn't think Rogue was in it. Trailer looks good, can't wait for the film
  • Options
    -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    andy1231 wrote: »
    Didn't think Rogue was in it.

That's exactly what I thought, perhaps FusionFury is getting mixed up with Days of Future Past The Rogue Cut 😂
  • Options
    darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    That's exactly what I thought, perhaps FusionFury is getting mixed up with Days of Future Past The Rogue Cut 😂

I just checked Anna Paquin on IMDB & unfortunately Logan isn't listed in her films. Still looking forward to Logan tho.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This film looks great and it is the first X-Men based film that I've looked forward to in a while. Maybe it is a style that makes it look so good.

As for age rating I would have thought it would be a 15

Deadpool's mpaa rating, for example, was Rated R for strong violence and language throughout, sexual content and graphic nudity

Logan's is Rated R for strong brutal violence and language throughout, and for brief nudity

Use of the word 'brutal' suggests it's at the top end.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or it could be 15 for 'strong bloody violence, strong language'. Ya never know. :)

bbfc listed run time 137 minutes, 7 seconds.
  • Options
    Aye UpAye Up Posts: 7,053
    Forum Member
    It is a 15 certificate......

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/releases/logan-2017-0