Cheryl on Royal Variety

Comments

• Amy76Amy76 Posts: 625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know whether she sang live or not, but that is a shit song.

Some of the worst lyrics I've ever heard.:(

Yes this is exactly what is wrong with Cheryl. Her songs are so bad that it doesn't matter if she can sing or not - no one could make those songs sound good. That one from the Royal Variety was sooo awful.

You don't need to be the greatest singer as long as you've got catchy songs. Kylie can't sing either, but at least she has had loads of upbeat songs and performs them with enthusiasm and personality.

Cheryl looked like she knew she was crap. Her face when she finished looked like 'oh, I can't sing'.

I don't know if she was miming or not. It sounded like she was singing, but the high parts sounded like someone else took over for those notes.

But she looked good, which is the main thing for her. Her looks are her saving grace.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The song 'Three Words' was reasonable but her solo stuff is mostly pants. 'The Flood' is especially bad.
  • user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KieranDS wrote: »
    Just found this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxj27WlPlSM

Watch from 2:35, if she can do that note live, she can do the note in The Flood live.
    You think they don't mime to pre-recorded vocals on show's like Dancing on Ice?

Parachute Live Lounge

Fireflies Live Lounge

Standing still, with her eyes closed, no shoes on and singing songs with a very limited range, Cheryl is pitchy at best. There is no way she pulled off a song like the Flood without help. Cheryl does not claim to be a great singer so I don't know why her fans cannot accept this. For Cheryl, her performance of the Flood was good but I do not for one second believe she pulled it off 100% live. A lot of tricks are used to make it look so.
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You think they don't mime to pre-recorded vocals on show's like Dancing on Ice?

Parachute Live Lounge

Fireflies Live Lounge

Standing still, with her eyes closed, no shoes on and singing songs with a very limited range, Cheryl is pitchy at best. There is no way she pulled off a song like the Flood without help. Cheryl does not claim to be a great singer so I don't know why her fans cannot accept this. For Cheryl, her performance of the Flood was good but I do not for one second believe she pulled it off 100% live. A lot of tricks are used to make it look so.

Give it a rest! That DOI performance is live. Sarah even messed up the lyrics! And Cheryl couldn't hold the last little note and finished early. Everything good that's pointed in some posters way is cast of as mimed as it doesn't go with their motive.

The RVP was live.
  • maureensmaureens Posts: 13,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Give it a rest! That DOI performance is live. Sarah even messed up the lyrics! And Cheryl couldn't hold the last little note and finished early. Everything good that's pointed in some posters way is cast of as mimed as it doesn't go with their motive.

The RVP was live.

we all have rights to say if Cheryl Cole is good/bad whatever we think, myself i think she is terrible, but you have to accept people are allowed to say this??? you like her fine, that is your choice and i accept that, i notice you only joined ds last month i hope your time has not been wasted just protecting her as believe me she has Cowell doing that job for her so she is fine!!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maureens wrote: »
    we all have rights to say if Cheryl Cole is good/bad whatever we think, myself i think she is terrible, but you have to accept people are allowed to say this??? you like her fine, that is your choice and i accept that, i notice you only joined ds last month i hope your time has not been wasted just protecting her as believe me she has Cowell doing that job for her so she is fine!!!!

You are within your rights to say what you want, it's just when it's untrue that's where the problem lies.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The RVP was live.
    I don't have a motive. I have an opinion that Cheryl isn't a very good singer, something Cheryl herself has said. She sees herself as more of an entertainer. If that's good enough for Cheryl, why can't it be good enough for you?
  • maureensmaureens Posts: 13,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You are within your rights to say what you want, it's just when it's untrue that's where the problem lies.

fair enough that is true, but people think it is true when she mimes also when they say she is a bad singer, which to my ears she is!!.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The RVP was live.

people who attended the taping of Alan Carr's chat show on Friday night said she sang LIVE, of course we'll have to endure multiple comments like "she mimed" or "autotuned" come Monday.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ajar wrote: »
    people who attended the taping of Alan Carr's chat show on Friday night said she sang LIVE, of course we'll have to endure multiple comments like "she mimed" or "autotuned" come Monday.

The people at the taping may well have just been hearing the pre-recorded vocals and thought that it was live. If she can fool millions on tv with her cheap trickery, then a studio audience is no harder.

She cannot sing. She has proved this countless times.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't have a motive. I have an opinion that Cheryl isn't a very good singer, something Cheryl herself has said. She sees herself as more of an entertainer. If that's good enough for Cheryl, why can't it be good enough for you?

I don't have a problem that. The problem was with suggesting the DOI performance was mimed.
    maureens wrote: »
    fair enough that is true, but people think it is true when she mimes also when they say she is a bad singer, which to my ears she is!!.

Fair enough that's your opinion and I'm sure you won't be rushing out to buy her CD for Christmas.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    The people at the taping may well have just been hearing the pre-recorded vocals and thought that it was live. If she can fool millions on tv with her cheap trickery, then a studio audience is no harder.

LOL, that assuming that all the people at the taping are musically impaired even though she was three meters away from them
  • jediknight2k1jediknight2k1 Posts: 6,892
    Forum Member

Blah, blah, blah. Some people just don't know when to give up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ajar wrote: »

Of course aha.

Nobody will listen, you provide them with video evidence she can hit the high notes in the flood but of course that was mimed too even though Sarah misses up the lyrics ;)

Links are provided of her singing well with Girls Aloud in the live lounge but they're brushed away like they dont exist :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course aha.

Nobody will listen, you provide them with video evidence she can hit the high notes in the flood but of course that was mimed too even though Sarah misses up the lyrics ;)

Links are provided of her singing well with Girls Aloud in the live lounge but they're brushed away like they dont exist :D

For some people dissing Cheryl Cole is a hobby
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course aha.

And links showing that on her own, Cheryl clearly doesn't perform very well on Live Lounge, which casts doubt over her Flood performance, is also brushed away like they don't exist.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And links showing that on her own, Cheryl clearly doesn't perform very well on Live Lounge, which casts doubt over her Flood performance, is also brushed away like they don't exist.

Or the evidence of her having broncitus a couple of days before the performance and having to pull out of the session the week before and Jonathan Ross is also brushed away.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

but we are arguing over whether she sang live at the RVP or she didn't, aren't we? And the answer is yes, she sang live.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course aha.

Lol, explain this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpBqRApq0Ew&feature=related

and this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEHqNzFxopA&feature=fvw

and this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlmujdtOtSA

And these are RECENT performances, not performances from 2007 where she was hiding behind the rest of Girls Aloud. Her voice is shocking. If she sings so bad standing still, then how to you expect her to sing Promise This and The Flood so well with all those routines?? :rolleyes:

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZICSiE_UF8

listen to around 1:52 of this video where she sings 'tide to come'. BLATANT auto-tune. Like I said, pre-recorded vocals, mimed to, and all of you are fooled by this trickery...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lol, explain this:

and this:

and this:

And these are RECENT performances, not performances from 2007 where she was hiding behind the rest of Girls Aloud. Her voice is shocking. If she sings so bad standing still, then how to you expect her to sing Promise This and The Flood so well with all those routines?? :rolleyes:

If you think Cheryl Cole sang well at the RVP wait until you see her on Alan Carr's, people think it's the best they ever heard Cheryl singing live, you'll love it :)
  • jediknight2k1jediknight2k1 Posts: 6,892
    Forum Member

So what is your point ?

What do people expect from what was essentially a backing singer in a girlband ? Whitney, Mariah, Aretha ?

People nitpick as if Cheryl claimed she could be the next Katherine Jenkins while she stated that music should be fun and uplifting.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lol, explain this:

and this:

and this:

What routine is there to the flood? :confused:
    It doesn't matter that they're from 2007 or 2008 or even 2009, singing ability isn't something that depends on seasons or the weather.

I saw her at Summertime Ball, and on tour with the BEP and she was good. And singing 100% live. She put on a good show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So what is your point ?

What do people expect from what was essentially a backing singer in a girlband ? Whitney, Mariah, Aretha ?

People nitpick as if Cheryl claimed she could be the next Katherine Jenkins while she stated that music should be fun and uplifting.
    I made mine very clear. Cheryl isn't a very good singer, something Cheryl and I agree on. I'm not nit picking. I said earlier that for her, the Flood performance is good but given how shaky she is, there was probably a lot of tricks used to help her. What more is there to say?

I get the impression that you are just nit picking my posts. I haven't slagged her off or been nasty so what's your point?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,345
    Forum Member
    I love that song and i think she sang it beautifully :). It's not an easy song to sing and i wish she got a bit more credit for it.

I don't think she looked like she was enjoying herself though and like some people have said, she looked uncomfortable performing and relieved when it was over :(. I think she should be releasing singles which are upbeat and have lots of choreography because that is where her strengths lie and she looks like she is having fun when she does this sort of performance. I do really like the ballads and i feel they should be on the album, but maybe not released as singles?!
  • riannerianne Posts: 1,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought she was miming. Good for her for singing live, if she did

i thought she was miming on parts of the song like on the chorus where she belts out 'THE FLOOD...':rolleyes:

the vocal performance was pretty much what i expected...