Options

My thoughts on Stacey's exit

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,036
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Overall, I thought it was a great exit. I was very pleased she didn't die or get sent down and that it ended on a relatively happy note for her. Another subtle point was that her last character interaction was with Max. As far as I'm concerned, it couldn't have been with anybody else. I've read the criticism of Max's declaration of love for her, but I quite liked it. Stacey should've responded that she did love him, but that it could never work and that they would forever be special friends (after all, originally it was Stacey doing all the chasing and Max only after an easy bit of skirt. I think Max only really fell in love with her as a person much after their affair finished). However, certain bits I would've changed are:

Interaction with Ronnie - I've long wanted them to develop a close friendship, what with their shared abuse by Archie and emotional/psychological damage by the Danielle saga. I think, second only to Max, she would've been the best person for her to reveal her crime to. I wanted Ronnie to find out some months after the live episode, actually. I would've really liked Ronnie and Stacey to have their own little moment where Ronnie helps her (I know she did anyway, but in a less major way than I'd hoped) leave and tells her she forgives her. I'm actually quite annoyed that Stacey never got to know about Ronnie's rape. I would've thought even Kat may tell her, as she knew about both cases of abuse. One of the major sides to Stacey being Archie's killer was that Ronnie probably had the strongest motive, had already wished death upon him, yet, quite markedly, didn't have to be the one to bump him off in the end. It was as if the killer had done her a favour, done what she wanted to, but didn't dare, do. I'd have liked to see a final moment of bonding between the two;

Interaction with Kat - Kat has been a surrogate mother to Stacey over the past few weeks, yet there were no scenes between the two in the exit episode. I think that's quite a let-down. Kat has bonded with Ronnie subtly over their remarkably similar pasts too, so I wouldn't even be averse to Kat being part of the aforementioned Ronnie-Stacey bonding, maybe with Kat urging Ronnie to tell Stacey what Archie did to her, too, so they both realize that they're victims of the same man;

Ryan - OK, I think the affair storyline was quite crappy and unbelievable purely because Ryan was obviously so in love with Janine. But, since it did happen and Ryan and Stacey claimed to be in love, I don't buy Stacey's "I don't want or love you" line, especially after she only agreed to flee because of Ryan's persuasion. I'd actually have axed Ryan so he left with Stacey, as he's pretty useless otherwise. He'll probably get back with Janine as there's nothing else there for him, which completely undermines and cheapens Stacey's departure, given that he played a big part in it. Seeing as Ryan wasn't leaving, I'd sooner Stacey have told him she loved him but that she cared for him too much to make him be a fugitive with her and that she needed to put men aside to become strong and self-reliant again. It would be much preferable to saying she didn't love him, especially after recent episodes in which they declared their love (which, yes, is itself incredible but happened, nonetheless).

The above are all things that were capable of being changed. In an ideal world, Sean would've reappeared and gone with Stacey, but evidently that requires the actor's agreement to return. It also made me wonder how Peggy and Stacey would've exited respectively had the former been the killer, as originally planned.

What do you make of my ideas?

Comments

• Options
    kushtiimayteekushtiimaytee Posts: 9,732
    Forum Member
    With regards to Ronnie - it's not Kat's place to tell Stacey about Ronnie being raped. As someone who has been abused herself she understands that. Roxy shouldn't have told Alfie and he shouldn't have passed it on to Kat. But think it was one of those desperate moments for Roxy and Kat.
    There was a bonding moment methinks towards the end. Ronnie told Stacey to go and held Roxy back.

I would have liked more scenes with Ronnie and Stacey but think what we got was enough. I think considering the circumstances, it would have been a bit difficult to create a scenerio where Stacey finds out about Ronnie and they have a chat. It's all been about Stacey/Ryan/Janine/Max/Lauren.

I think Stacey thought she didn't want to do that to Ryan - living life on the run, when she wasn't deeply in love with him like she was with Bradley. Either one could have got bored. I think it was mainly a lust thing with the bond they have as parents.

I do thoroughly agree about Kat and Stacey having no final scenes, I was a bit :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With regards to Ronnie - it's not Kat's place to tell Stacey about Ronnie being raped. As someone who has been abused herself she understands that. Roxy shouldn't have told Alfie and he shouldn't have passed it on to Kat. But think it was one of those desperate moments for Roxy and Kat.
    There was a bonding moment methinks towards the end. Ronnie told Stacey to go and held Roxy back.

I would have liked more scenes with Ronnie and Stacey but think what we got was enough. I think considering the circumstances, it would have been a bit difficult to create a scenerio where Stacey finds out about Ronnie and they have a chat. It's all been about Stacey/Ryan/Janine/Max/Lauren.

I think Stacey thought she didn't want to do that to Ryan - living life on the run, when she wasn't deeply in love with him like she was with Bradley. Either one could have got bored. I think it was mainly a lust thing with the bond they have as parents.

I do thoroughly agree about Kat and Stacey having no final scenes, I was a bit :eek:

Yeah, we did get that indirect 'bonding' with Ronnie and Stacey, but I still didn't sense that she forgave her. I would've sooner had them chat and Ronnie essentially 'thank' (although not in such a forthright, cold way) Stacey for giving Archie what he deserved, as she had never been strong enough to do it herself.

Kat also protected Zoe when she thought she'd killed Den (and had a far weaker motive, if one at all, to do that), so she, along with Ronnie (in my ideal scenario), would've also helped Stacey flee.
  • Options
    robertaloud30robertaloud30 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can i ask a few questions about the exit...
    > Does Jean go and stay with Stacey for a bit or visit every now and then? How will she be able to, surely the police would follow her or keep an eye on her if she leaves the country?
    > Same with any of the family calling her or being in touch..or if Ryan ever wanted to see Lily again (which realistically he would)
    > Would the police not have alerted the airport not to allow a Stacey Slater to fly anywhere? (or did she have a fake passport?)
    > Where will she go and what on earth will she do??
    > Will she change her name?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    > Does Jean go and stay with Stacey for a bit or visit every now and then? How will she be able to, surely the police would follow her or keep an eye on her if she leaves the country?
    > Same with any of the family calling her or being in touch..or if Ryan ever wanted to see Lily again (which realistically he would)
    > Would the police not have alerted the airport not to allow a Stacey Slater to fly anywhere? (or did she have a fake passport?)

Don't think Jean or any others will go and stay with Stacey but then Walford police are quite incompetent! lol
    Stacey probably has a passport under the name of Branning hence why she managed to board a plane. And it was only Janine mouthing off about Stacey Slater stabbing her. They'd want to question her for sure but probably speak to Jean first.
    If they saw it as attempted murder straight off, then I have no idea!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah, we did get that indirect 'bonding' with Ronnie and Stacey, but I still didn't sense that she forgave her. I would've sooner had them chat and Ronnie essentially 'thank' (although not in such a forthright, cold way) Stacey for giving Archie what he deserved, as she had never been strong enough to do it herself.

Kat also protected Zoe when she thought she'd killed Den (and had a far weaker motive, if one at all, to do that), so she, along with Ronnie (in my ideal scenario), would've also helped Stacey flee.

I think the moment they locked eyes Ronnie was forgiving her but she just had to know. By letting Stacey go, and holding Roxy back, she forgave Stacey.
  • Options
    ea91ea91 Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No one has contacted the police about Archie's murder at all and probably won't as there is no evidence. Stacey is merely on the run as a suspect for Janine's stabbing, something which the police have yet to investigate and she didn't really even do. She can easily keep in touch with her family, but it's a good point about changing her name if the authorities are alerted about her for trying to kill Janine.
  • Options
    robertaloud30robertaloud30 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How quickly can you get on a flight from just turning up at the airport? I am just thinking within that time the police would have possibly had more details to follow up etc?
  • Options
    rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Roxy's reaction to finding out that Stacey committed the murder of Archie was so predictable and actually quite boring.
  • Options
    angelbabyxangelbabyx Posts: 742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How quickly can you get on a flight from just turning up at the airport? I am just thinking within that time the police would have possibly had more details to follow up etc?

Wondered that too! :confused:
    And also stacey leaving-
    'where am i gonna go?' 'you're gonna go abroad' or something...
    imagine being sat in the airport knowing uve gotta flee fast, and thinking, 'hmm shall i go to spain or australia?' :eek: