Gary Dobson and David Norris's Violent Past

2»

Comments

• XXRunXXXXRunXX Posts: 2,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Judge is going to apply 1993 sentencing laws to the case when he jails the pair today.

Yet Dobson was convicted because the Double Jeopardy law was quashed in 2003. Ten years AFTER the murder. Make sense? :rolleyes:

Also, if a guy was found guilty of a murder in 2012 that he had commited in 1950, should the 1950 murder sentencing be applied? IE, hang him? Somehow I don't think so. Yet why the case with Dobson and Norris???

In the Stephen Lawrence case, these two thugs should be sentenced as men using 2012 sentencing laws. Any othe way is just plain barmy.

Excellent point!
  • The PuzzlerThe Puzzler Posts: 7,689
    Forum Member
    Who's the lad in the glasses and blue shirt at the front of the pic in this article?http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2081980/Stephen-Lawrence-murder-Still-swaggering-got-away.html
    I always assumed he was part of the group who killed Stephen but he's not named as being part of them.

No one know the answer to this?
  • End-Em-AllEnd-Em-All Posts: 23,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No one know the answer to this?

Like you, I thought he was one of the suspects at the time. I don't know who is he.
  • CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He looks familiar to me and if its who I think it is he was never a suspect as far as I know....but I could be wrong and it might not be the bloke I'm thinking of that I see around here still (could just be a look-a-like)
  • ShaiyaShaiya Posts: 3,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read ages ago that he's a family friend.
  • alan29alan29 Posts: 34,633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So will the Mother who produced an "alibi" in court be done for perjury?
    And what is the position of the defence lawyer who argued all along that he wasn't there, then at the end said "OK, but he wasn't the leader." Can lawyers get away with lying in court?
  • End-Em-AllEnd-Em-All Posts: 23,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alan29 wrote: »
    So will the Mother who produced an "alibi" in court be done for perjury?
    And what is the position of the defence lawyer who argued all along that he wasn't there, then at the end said "OK, but he wasn't the leader." Can lawyers get away with lying in court?

I must admit that seeming turnaround at the end by Dobson's lawyer baffled me. If I'm reading it right, he is basically admitting Dobson knows the identity of the killer(s). So why doesn't he tell and clear his name? What was the point of his defence is he was there? If he was part of the group and was at the scene of the murder, doesn't that rule out any grounds for appeal?