Options

Talksport Chat (Part 11)

Comments

• Options
    atgatg Posts: 4,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    m4rk1 wrote: »
    Are you predicting the minute silence around the grounds will not be well observed around the Sheffield area Billy? :eek:
    I also would expect a lengthy ban if I expressed my true feelings about this, however I am looking forward to the full coverage on MotD2 of the minute's 'silence' at the Newcastle v Sunderland match this weekend. If they have the front to try one.
  • Options
    HowjoHowjo Posts: 369
    Forum Member
    class moment , Brazil putting Ronnie in his place over Man city's" group of death " and failing to get out of it

Poor Ronnie couldnt get his point across , more of this please Alan , if you can listen to it , about 06:10 this morning
  • Options
    gouldfathergouldfather Posts: 802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good morning TalkSport fans:)

The original and still the best breakfast pairing around were back together this morning - they still are until 10:00 - and it has been a great show I think.

I am really enjoying the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast with Ronnie Irani live from Birmingham Automobile something they both sound lively and Ronnie is refreshed from his vacation.

Keys and Gray are reunited again this week and they are as interesting as ever with some great guests lined up.

In a week of reunion Paul Hawksbee returns to sit alongside Andy Jacobs and I always enjoy that one.

Keep up the good work TalkSport, we appreciate it:)
  • Options
    randy toksvigrandy toksvig Posts: 275
    Forum Member

The original and still the best breakfast pairing around were back together this morning - they still are until 10:00 - and it has been a great show I think.

I am really enjoying the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast with Ronnie Irani live from Birmingham Automobile something they both sound lively and Ronnie is refreshed from his vacation.

Keys and Gray are reunited again this week and they are as interesting as ever with some great guests lined up.

In a week of reunion Paul Hawksbee returns to sit alongside Andy Jacobs and I always enjoy that one.

Not quite the original pairing! Brazil has presented with others such as Mike Parry and Graham Beecroft.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not quite the original pairing! Brazil has presented with others such as Mike Parry and Graham Beecroft.

Oh I know randy toksvig:)

But for me the true Sports Breakfast began with the Ronnie Irani years:)
  • Options
    old oakold oak Posts: 953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Does matron know your up.
  • Options
    Billy244Billy244 Posts: 21,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

{sniff sniff} take cover everyone it's about again.
    http://youtu.be/vJrxYESmlvQ
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Howjo wrote: »
    class moment , Brazil putting Ronnie in his place over Man city's" group of death " and failing to get out of it

Poor Ronnie couldnt get his point across , more of this please Alan , if you can listen to it , about 06:10 this morning

Thanks Howjo I'll go have a listen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    old oak wrote: »
    Does matron know your up.

It's tragic init Oak seems such a nice lad but inflicted badly with iranitus worst I've seen since the late lamented Mr K Bola. What can be done?, he's already on dangerous levels of medication and the doctor's have given up all hope, maybe we should organize a collection, send him off to an American clinic and then all of us phone up Radio 5 to get plaudits and praise.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Howjo wrote: »

I'm currently listening to the two clowns this morning Howjo (6.00-6.30) and bloody hell it's hard going listening to it, Irani's well bouncy and full of himself now he's back it's all coming back after a break from him just how bad he is.

I caught a bit of the show later on when someone was knocking QPR and Brazil chirped in "I'm saying nowt I'm keeping in with Tony Fernandes because the formula 1 is coming up" I don't know which race he was referring to but you can bet your last penny it is somewhere swank, nice and exotic that he's attempting to freeload up for himself.

Nothing much ever changes does it. :D
  • Options
    VenetianVenetian Posts: 28,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Billy244 wrote: »
    I'm currently listening to the two clowns this morning Howjo (6.00-6.30) and bloody hell it's hard going listening to it, Irani's well bouncy and full of himself now he's back it's all coming back after a break from him just how bad he is.

I caught a bit of the show later on when someone was knocking QPR and Brazil chirped in "I'm saying nowt I'm keeping in with Tony Fernandes because the formula 1 is coming up"[] I don't know which race he was referring to but you can bet your last penny it is somewhere swank, nice and exotic that he's attempting to freeload up for himself.

I don't know either Billy, but I'll put my money on Monte Carlo:D

Didn't take Irani long this morning, did you hear the bit about how he WOULD JUST LOVE to go to the Masters. Can someone please enlighten me as to how a former OK cricketer could add anything useful to the production team on a major golf tournament? Damned if I know:confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Billy244 wrote: »

I caught a bit of the show later on when someone was knocking QPR and Brazil chirped in "I'm saying nowt I'm keeping in with Tony Fernandes because the formula 1 is coming up" I don't know which race he was referring to but you can bet your last penny it is somewhere swank, nice and exotic that he's attempting to freeload up for himself.

Heard that and pretty sure Boozil said Dubai F1

Edit: might have heard wrong (Or Big Al got wrong) as Dubai is near end of year, but Bahrain is later this month
  • Options
    jackyorkjackyork Posts: 6,608
    Forum Member
    bullman wrote: »
    Heard that and pretty sure Boozil said Dubai F1

Edit: might have heard wrong (Or Big Al got wrong) as Dubai is near end of year, but Bahrain is later this month

Bahrain or Dubai, if any of those Countries have laws regarding alcohol, Brazil will not be going.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very good afternoon TalkSport fans,:)

TalkSport announce they will be bringing Wednesday night commentary from the Barclays Premier League in addition to their weekend commentary for the next three seasons.

Well done TalkSport on this coup you are firmly putting the final nails in the coffin of Five Dead.:)

The station goes from strength to strength and it is all down to the loyal listeners such as ourselves who have contributed to its success.

Thanks guys and well done TalkSport!:)
  • Options
    Flashy VicFlashy Vic Posts: 782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Venetian wrote: »

Didn't take Irani long this morning, did you hear the bit about how he WOULD JUST LOVE to go to the Masters. Can someone please enlighten me as to how a former OK cricketer could add anything useful to the production team on a major golf tournament? Damned if I know:confused:

What about their crawling & arselicking looking for a brand new Ford Ranger pick up truck? ("Cor, Al, they're ideal for those short drives to the tip!" R.Irani 9/4/13)

They've even got the colours picked out.
    Red for Irani & (somewhat improbably) Orange (or 'rust' as he kept calling it to the dismay of those lovely people at Ford Commercials) for Brazil.
  • Options
    The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 202,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The station goes from strength to strength and it is all down to the loyal listeners such as ourselves who have contributed to its success.

how do you work that one out GF, your names not even dry in the books yet, but you want to take the credit? :confused:

How bizarre !!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

TalkSport announce they will be bringing Wednesday night commentary from the Barclays Premier League in addition to their weekend commentary for the next three seasons.

Well done TalkSport on this coup you are firmly putting the final nails in the coffin of Five Dead.:)

Most of these games are like listening to paint dry,I will tune into 606 on my way home from games.Why is it Putting the final nail into 5 live they will still be broadcasting the games that matter?Whats the averageTS listening figures for these games
    then Mr in the know Bola man?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Venetian wrote: »

Didn't they send Goughie to the British Open last year?
    Just a natural progression surely to now send their star man to Augusta
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    how do you work that one out GF, your names not even dry in the books yet, but you want to take the credit? :confused:

How bizarre !!

Hi The_Sleeper:)

I'm not your girlfriend but thanks, I'm flattered:)

Of course I take credit, all listeners who tune into TalkSport contribute to its ever growing listening figures so I am sure you have been listening and have contributed too. Well done boyo!:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most of these games are like listening to paint dry,I will tune into 606 on my way home from games.Why is it Putting the final nail into 5 live they will still be broadcasting the games that matter?Whats the averageTS listening figures for these games
    then Mr in the know Bola man?

Hey there old oak:)

I think you are being a tiny bit silly billy there. TalkSport have had some of the best Premiership games this season thanks to having the late kick off on Saturday and the early kick off on Sunday. Almost all big derbies on a Sunday are the early kickoff so combined with having the Wednesday night game TalkSport will continue to have much bigger and better games than 5 Dead and I don't find the commentary boring as you say I think Stan Collymore and Sam Matterface are great and the BBC must be really mad they lost Stan to TalkSport!:D

I don't understand your last sentence it doesn't sound like English but otherwise a great post!

Keep it TalkSport in your car or wherever!:)
  • Options
    SouthCitySouthCity Posts: 12,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That's exactly the same as the last rights deal (2010-13).

There have been no changes whatsoever to the rights, all three stations will continue their current deals for the next three years.
    ...5 live they will still be broadcasting the games that matter?

Some of the 1.30pm Sunday matches are "games that matter", based on the last few seasons these include Liverpool v Man U and Man C v Man U.

5 Live still have the best commentary portfolio but they don't have all of the big matches.

It's a good deal all round for the listeners and all three stations.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey there old oak:)

I think you are being a tiny bit silly billy there. TalkSport have had some of the best Premiership games this season thanks to having the late kick off on Saturday and the early kick off on Sunday. Almost all big derbies on a Sunday are the early kickoff so combined with having the Wednesday night game TalkSport will continue to have much bigger and better games than 5 Dead and I don't find the commentary boring as you say I think Stan Collymore and Sam Matterface are great and the BBC must be really mad they lost Stan to TalkSport!:D

I don't understand your last sentence it doesn't sound like English but otherwise a great post!

Keep it TalkSport in your car or wherever!:)

Great post,great show and great station.Do you ever call the show and say "great show as usual "as soon as your put through?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackyork wrote: »
    Bahrain or Dubai, if any of those Countries have laws regarding alcohol, Brazil will not be going.

Or risk 40 lashes. :D Only just back together again and Ven heard Irani trying to blag a freebie at the Masters and Brazil a box at the F1 what a pair of t1ts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

http://youtu.be/vJrxYESmlvQ
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flashy Vic wrote: »
    What about their crawling & arselicking looking for a brand new Ford Ranger pick up truck? ("Cor, Al, they're ideal for those short drives to the tip!" R.Irani 9/4/13)

They've even got the colours picked out.
    Red for Irani & (somewhat improbably) Orange (or 'rust' as he kept calling it to the dismay of those lovely people at Ford Commercials) for Brazil.

I heard that, so Ronald wants to spend an absolute fortune on a brand new Ford Ranger pick up truck to take his household waste to the nearest council tip, then in his next breath he says he has four different coloured wheelie bins for all his rubbish to be taken away in by whoever is the outsourced contracted company down there so why does he need a top of the range Ford Ranger pick up truck. :confused::confused::confused:

Your a fan gould, maybe you can explain it to me. :confused:
This discussion has been closed.