Those who will miss their mum on Mother's Day

124»

Comments

• LakieLadyLakieLady Posts: 19,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find it very hard, partly because we think my mum died on Mother's Day in 2010. Some flowers had been delivered in the morning, and her neighbour noticed they were still in the porch the following evening. He went in to check if she was ok and found her body.

She'd died of a pulmonary embolism resulting from a deep vein thrombosis. Her neighbours had noticed that she had been limping a week or so earlier. She was an ex-nurse with a long history of DVT and similar, so she knew that they could be life-threatening and I think she deliberately neglected getting it treated. She had dementia, and was in a constant state of anxiety. She used to tell me she just wanted to die, because everything was so terrifying for her.

I've stayed home because I have the flu and Mr Lakie has gone up to his mum's with a beautiful vase for her, a card and chocolates. I'm actually a bit glad to be ill, as it's so hard being in the bosom of someone else's family with their (utterly lovely) mum when it's like the anniversary of the death of mine.
  • LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I lost my mum in December 2012. 6 days before her 73rd birthday.

I'd been her carer since the age of six (she collapsed due to a brain hemorrhage with left her with various illnesses). I don't have any other family. Was always just me and her.

I generally feel lost these days, but more so on special occasions. Birthdays etc.

I'd give anything to be spoiling her today. I miss her massively.

Sending hugs to everyone today.
  • blue eyed guyblue eyed guy Posts: 2,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I lost my Mum a little over 2 years and 4 months ago, and I'll never get over it. :(
  • mrsdaisychainmrsdaisychain Posts: 3,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a mum who stood with my 17 year old grandson in the church yard this morning 5 weeks after the death of his loving mum and my darling daughter, my heart ached for them both, she was 38 and we miss her so much

You must be really broken hearted to lose your daughter, your grandson must be hurting so much too. It's incredibly hard to lose your mum but for her to be such a young age, gosh that up is truly devastating. Mothers are not supposed to out live their children either are they?

I'm sure your lovely daughter left many happy memories, no one can take them away from you or your loved ones. Do what she would want you to do, think of her and smile and may those memories and the love and support of your family get your through
    ((((( ))))) lots of hugs
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    My mum's funeral is on Wednesday so all this mother's day stuff is painful right now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You must be really broken hearted to lose your daughter, your grandson must be hurting so much too. It's incredibly hard to lose your mum but for her to be such a young age, gosh that up is truly devastating. Mothers are not supposed to out live their children either are they?

I'm sure your lovely daughter left many happy memories, no one can take them away from you or your loved ones. Do what she would want you to do, think of her and smile and may those memories and the love and support of your family get your through
    ((((( ))))) lots of hugs

Thankyou, she left me the most precious gift to take care of, her son.
  • mrsdaisychainmrsdaisychain Posts: 3,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    My mum's funeral is on Wednesday so all this mother's day stuff is painful right now.

So sorry to hear your news:cry: how sad