Grand National 2014

12345679»

Comments

• Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JBO wrote: »
    Maybe, but what I said, if you'd quoted me in full, was that we were the only High Street bookies paying on the first 5 AND doing guaranteed odds all day.

I must admit I do find Stan James the best bookie online. Always offer good odds and offers. The only fault i find with Stan James online is you cannot put a placepot on, apart from that it's a great site.
  • JBOJBO Posts: 6,148
    Forum Member
    I'm not involved with online - that's run as a separate business.

Seems odd that though.
  • Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not involved with online - that's run as a separate business.

Seems odd that though.

I have interviewed Rory Jawani a couple of times in the past for the radio, the guy is brilliant, absolute superb value for money. I tweeted them and asked during Cheltenham and they said you couldn't do it online. I reckon they will add it soon.
  • Cissy FairfaxCissy Fairfax Posts: 11,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    caras wrote: »
    I had £20 on Across the Bay and he was pushed on the course by a stray horse. In the lead at the 16th. Gutted! I know he probably wouldn't have won, but still :(

The horse was Tidal Bay, if you're interested.
  • gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    caras wrote: »
    I had £20 on Across the Bay and he was pushed on the course by a stray horse. In the lead at the 16th. Gutted! I know he probably wouldn't have won, but still :(

it was very hard luck. he must have gone close. he still got back in the race, after losing about a distance. I noticed another horse followed him as well.

I bet long run, but never jumped valentines.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe, but what I said, if you'd quoted me in full, was that we were the only High Street bookies paying on the first 5 AND doing guaranteed odds all day.

I've got to say, the odds they were showing on TV seemed to give a massive over-round for the bookies. Does guaranteed odds mean you get the best price the horse ever showed, or something else?

Betfair exchange seemed to be giving better prices across the board.
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've got to say, the odds they were showing on TV seemed to give a massive over-round for the bookies. Does guaranteed odds mean you get the best price the horse ever showed, or something else?

something else !

it means that if the starting price is bigger than the odds you take when placing the bet you get starting price

otherwise you get the odds taken when you strike the bet
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i'll stick with looking for value on betfair, I think

you can do place only as well.