Options

Help - Connecting Flight!

Gloria FandangoGloria Fandango Posts: 3,834
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Would anyone be kind enough to help a slightly baffled woman? :cool:

I know this would not be a trauma to most other people but I've never done this before and I feel a little worried.

I'm going to make an internal flight (UK) but have to make a connection at Manchester. I think I have to swap planes so can't just stay on board. There are only about 50 minutes before my connecting flight and I have absolutely no idea of what to do, I'm afraid I might get lost and miss my flight! :(

Do I just go into arrivals and then find departures and my gate, or will there be someone there to tell me what to do and where to go?

Please help x

PS; I'm flying with Flybe.

Comments

• Options
    JordanT91JordanT91 Posts: 789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Transferring from a domestic flight to another domestic flight
    On disembarking from the aircraft check the flight information screens for the gate of your onward flight. If no gate information is shown please proceed to the Terminal 3 Departure Lounge. To enter and leave the Terminal 3 Departure lounge please note that you will be required to go through a facial biometric enrolment and reconciliation process. If you don't have your boarding card you will need your confirmation of onward travel to enrol at the biometrics. If you have your boarding card for the next leg of your trip please wait in the lounge until it is time for you to board your next flight. If you do not have a boarding card for your next flight go to the customer service desk in the departure lounge where your handling agent will be able to issue you with your boarding card.

First of all, you need to know which flight number to look for when you get off your first plane. What does your ticket say? What route are you flying?
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do I just go into arrivals and then find departures and my gate, or will there be someone there to tell me what to do and where to go?

Please help x

PS; I'm flying with Flybe.

When you arrive and walk off the plane, find the nearest set of screens that show the flights and find your destination and flight number on the departures board, and it will tell you which gate to go to. Then just follow the signs for that gate.

With connecting flights you don't get as far as the arrivals lounge.. you just walk to the gate as you're already on the flying side of the airport. Your bags are automatically transferred onto the next plane so you just take yourself to the next gate and wait for boarding to start. You've plenty of time.

If you're unsure just ask the person who checks you in at the first airport and if you're still unsure when you get to the second airport just ask anyone stood at a desk once you leave the plane. They'll be able to check for you where you need to go. I just look for the nearest set of screens, get the gate number, and then walk to the gate. Easy peasy.
  • Options
    Gloria FandangoGloria Fandango Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you both for your help - it's really made me feel so much better about the flight! :)