Atomic Kitten - a forgotten grlband?

TheSlayer10TheSlayer10 Posts: 1,866
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Seems like The Spice Girls, Girls Aloud, Destinys Child and even All Saints hold a memorable quality with the masses however it seems Atomic Kitten who were pretty big in the early 00s dont get any recognition these days and their only link seems to be to that witch Kerry Katona who left the band before they took off.

I really like AK 2.0 and think they released some great tracks like "Be with You" & "If You Come to Me"

I would love to see them reunite actually for another album.

Comments

• stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    "Whole Again" was popular in the gay clubs. We used to change the lyrics.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,822
    Forum Member
    The Tide Is High still sounds good.
  • TheSlayer10TheSlayer10 Posts: 1,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just looked at wikipedia and saw that they had

14 top 20 singles, 3 of which were number 1s

4 top 5 albums two of which were number 1s

Great success
  • VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member

I wrote my own lyrics with a friend years ago while we were bored at work. "You can lick my...."

I thought they were awful
  • RubricalRubrical Posts: 2,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, as pop tunes go they had some alright ones. Whole Again being the most massive probably. I think a lot of their songs seemed to have a distant similarity between them, the beat was almost always the same! And Natasha had a great voice.
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its actually quite frustrating that the girls are either forgotten about or labelled as flopstars when they had so many hit singles in a relatively short time together. :p
  • soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the history of Pop Music they were hardly ground breaking or cutting edge.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    LoveBug. wrote: »

I liked that song, in fact I liked a lot of their songs :o They weren't groundbreaking but they had some good pop songs.
  • trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked version 1.0, pure cheesy pop a lá Steps rather than the vaguely "sexy" 2.0.
  • mangomoonmangomoon Posts: 2,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved You Are, Whole Again and I Want Your Love (I think that's what it was). Preferred Atomic Kitten with Kerry.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cant believe people preferred the Kerry Atomic Kitten :eek:

She was AWFUL

Jenny was it, that and the other
  • trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mangomoon wrote: »
    I loved You Are, Whole Again and I Want Your Love (I think that's what it was). Preferred Atomic Kitten with Kerry.

Yeah! :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eMQochkLnY

Sadly, friends and I knew the dance routine. :o
    Forum Member
    I liked version 1.0, pure cheesy pop a lá Steps rather than the vaguely "sexy" 2.0.

I thought version 2.0 was better but each to their own. I don't know why though.
  • VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    LoveBug. wrote: »

Yeah by Blondie
  • Loz_FraggleLoz_Fraggle Posts: 5,758
    Forum Member
    Yeah! :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eMQochkLnY

Sadly, friends and I knew the dance routine. :o

I loved Atomic Kitten Version 1.0, they were my guilty pleasure at the time, I even bought the Kerry Katona version of Whole Again on CD single!
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,989
    Forum Member
    I loved Atomic Kitten Version 1.0, they were my guilty pleasure at the time, I even bought the Kerry Katona version of Whole Again on CD single!

I think that's the version I bought too
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate Kerry Katona but even I can admit the original version of Whole Again with her whispery vocals was the best
  • kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Last Goodbye is amazing. Overall though, I don't think their material has dated very well.
  • AndyB2007AndyB2007 Posts: 1,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Nowadays when I hear Whole Again, I think less of Atomic Kitten and more of Suzanne Maddock's character from the Bill, PC Cass Rickman, singing the song before she got killed off by the Sun Hill serial killer (she was doing it for some Cop Idol competition with Roberta Cryer and Beth Young).

Cass,Roberta and Beth singing Whole Again features from 6.33 on here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9IYyLhsAbQ&feature=related
    Forum Member
    kryskrys wrote: »
    The Last Goodbye is amazing. Overall though, I don't think their material has dated very well.

Love that song too, still sounds pretty good even now. I liked the video too for some reason.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    I still have most of the first album on my Ipod :o I totally lost interest in them when Kerry left :o:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    Nobody else noticed how bizarre the name atomic kitten is? It would be like calling another band nuclear dog
  • ravensboroughravensborough Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    I think that all the girl bands mentioned above all have a high media profile and many of the members went on to have a successful solo careers (Beyonce, Kelly Rowland, Cheryl, possibly Nadine) - Atomic Kitten are synonymous now with rubbish reality shows and failed solo careers.

All Saints were the anti-girl band, but their music doesn't feel dated whereas AK feels a bit quaint now.