Options

Did Graham Norton Just "out" Cliff Richard On His Show?

semimintedsemiminted Posts: 3,354
Forum Member
✭✭✭
graham norton show tonight, Ewan McGregor is a guest, also starring in a new film in which a 75 yr old man comes out as gay

then a picture of Sir Cliff appears, graham then says sorry, cliff isnt 75!!!

its the last show Graham says

:D

Comments

• Options
    grahamzxygrahamzxy Posts: 11,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is just playing, Cliff isnt 75 is he? Cliff is 70 years old....

Just 2 guests tonight and not a blockbuster movie to promote - Ewan does ummm a lot, but reasonably interesting, not sure about the IT crowd guy he isnt a loud kind of guy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh so cliff is not 75 lol

yes just noticed only 2 guests and no females hmmm

roll on the red chair....
  • Options
    billlythekidbilllythekid Posts: 5,080
    Forum Member
    Sir Cliffs been getting alot of coverage on these boards lately:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    where?

he was on the one show earlier
  • Options
    AzagothAzagoth Posts: 10,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cliff's not gay, he just prefers the company of that priest who's nothing more than his live in 'special friend'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To Graham Norton everything is 'Uge' someone buy him some aitches please for next series....:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Azagoth wrote: »
    Cliff's not gay, he just prefers the company of that priest who's nothing more than his live in 'special friend'.

I think that guy is a spiritual guru only - hypothetically say someone famous developed a problem sexually and something didnt work properly (especially if they were age 70+), they stop dating women and then maintain a bachelor lifestyle but with non-sexual female friends. That would be far more likely than someone going from straight to gay.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grahamzxy wrote: »
    I think that guy is a spiritual guru only - hypothetically say someone famous developed a problem sexually and something didnt work properly (especially if they were age 70+), they stop dating women and then maintain a bachelor lifestyle but with non-sexual female friends. That would be far more likely than someone going from straight to gay.

oh:eek:

:D
  • Options
    Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Alleged colostomy...?
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Some men might date women to try and force themselves into becoming straight. I don't know *shrugs shoulders*
  • Options
    DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember people making jokes about Cliff's supposedly being gay thirty years ago.
  • Options
    Patsey10Patsey10 Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    and does it really matter if he is gay? I am a life long Cliff fan and couldn't give a monkeys if he is straight, gay or bi!
  • Options
    CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    semiminted wrote: »
    oh so cliff is not 75 lol

yes just noticed only 2 guests and no females hmmm

roll on the red chair....

apparently Tulisa from X-Factor was meant to be on last night but obviously cancelled.
  • Options
    Scratchy7929Scratchy7929 Posts: 3,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Camino wrote: »
    apparently Tulisa from X-Factor was meant to be on last night but obviously cancelled.

Was she have supposed to have sung :eek::eek::eek:
    Sort of explains the cancellation :p
  • Options
    Scratchy7929Scratchy7929 Posts: 3,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Patsey10 wrote: »
    and does it really matter if he is gay? I am a life long Cliff fan and couldn't give a monkeys if he is straight, gay or bi!

He seems to be very hung up about it though, as the church is not very exceptent of it mainly.Very hypocritical on all sides of the arguements as far as I'm concerned :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Patsey10Patsey10 Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    He seems to be very hung up about it though, as the church is not very exceptent of it mainly.Very hypocritical on all sides of the arguements as far as I'm concerned :rolleyes:

The church's (particularly evangelical churches) heavy handed treatment of gay people has a lot to answer for-I left the church and pretty much lost my faith over this issue, even though I am not gay!
  • Options
    darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I couldn't give a rats if he is gay, straight, bi or into animals. He can be whatever he wants to be as it is his right as a human being..............

However it is our right to change the channel or press the mute button when he starts singing tripe like millenium prayer. :D
  • Options
    CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was she have supposed to have sung :eek::eek::eek:
    Sort of explains the cancellation :p

i dont think so
  • Options
    Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The thing is, if he is gay, he was, when young, gay at a time when that was illegal, widely frowned on, and admitting to it would have been death to his career as a pop star. He may have felt that, by the time homosexual practice was legalised in 1967, it would be easier to just continue not admitting to being gay-I don't think 'living a lie' is the right phrase, as, to my knowledge, he never overtly professed to be heterosexual.
  • Options
    AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He has never denied it - he just always says that it doesn't matter and that he doesn't think his fans care.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AcerBen wrote: »
    He has never denied it - he just always says that it doesn't matter and that he doesn't think his fans care.

Then he should admit it .. so called man ... he is an excuse for one . everyone knows what he is so come out of the closet for god sake :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    Then he should admit it .. so called man ... he is an excuse for one . everyone knows what he is so come out of the closet for god sake :p

He has denied being gay for years but yet people still make their own assumptions, i totally disagree with you comment " so called man....he is an excuse for one" what a nasty comment to make, what business is it of anybodys whever he is gay or straight
  • Options
    cliffy91cliffy91 Posts: 1,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AcerBen wrote: »
    he doesn't think his fans care.

We don't :)

He is right when he says what bussiness is his private life to anyone else
  • Options
    richard craniumrichard cranium Posts: 4,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Weellllllll,

I think some of Cliff's legions of legendary and LOYAL female fans might feel a bit miffed that he has led them on a merry dance for 50 years and that, privately, he prefers the company of men to women.
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Let's face it, this would be the biggest non-shock in entertainment. But then again, perhaps he genuinely isn't gay.

Either way, he isn't going to change overnight as a person if he did come out.