Benedict Cumberbatch

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,682
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Quite new to this guy. Seems like a really nice bloke, inteligent, well dressed and for some strange reason very sexy:o:o

He comes across well in interviews and was great hosting HIGNFY

Comments

• FatsiaFatsia Posts: 1,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought that too! I did watch him in Sherlock (although can't stand Martin Average Freeman) and he was very watchable. Also, best name, EVER! I can't stop saying it, over and over again :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    Try and get hold of To The Ends of Earth, its what first alerted me to Mr Cumberbatch's talent and I'm not just talking about the fact he is full front nude at one point!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's wonderful. I'm always going to be absolutely gutted I didn't get to see him in the Danny Boyle production of Frankenstein.

And I agree with Fatsia. He does indeed have the best name ever!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really like him he's totally just made that Sherlock show his own a great actor!
  • misha06misha06 Posts: 3,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great actor IMHO and a name you couldn't make up if you tried:p

I recall seeing him in a tv drama about the early life of Stephen Hawking. He was excellent.

I know a lot of it is down to the script, but his portrayal of Sherlock Holmes will be remembered I think.

Possibly a Basil Rathbone for the IPod generation
  • EspressoEspresso Posts: 18,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I first saw him in Kinky Boots. I love that film.
    He's in the new TInker, Tailor, Soldier Spy, too with Colin Firth and Gary Oldman. Three of my favourite actors in one place at the same time.
  • maxinerulesmaxinerules Posts: 698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He also done loads of radio drama. I think the new series of Cabin Pressure is still on radio 4 , very funny in that.
  • cardiffstecardiffste Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    He was filming a new series of Serlock in my friends street last week: she said he was a really decent guy - chatted to all of the residents during filming breaks etc and she sid he has amazing eyes.
  • DanielFDanielF Posts: 2,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also saw him in Frankenstein at the National this year. Also full frontal in that (not my cup of tea though) - obviously not prudish!
  • JoTaylorJoTaylor Posts: 9,870
    Forum Member
    In case anyone missed the Marie Claire photoshoot from the December issue.

He looks delicious!!!

http://www.benedictcumberbatch.co.uk/marie-claire-december-2010/
  • ellie1997ellie1997 Posts: 942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is rather gorgeous and has a fab sense of humour. He says his name sounds like "A fart in a bath"
    :)
  • JoTaylorJoTaylor Posts: 9,870
    Forum Member
    He is a bit of a hunk but If he came up to me in a pub I'd be like 'whoa back off weird man!!!' because he looks so different to everyone else.
  • johnythefoxjohnythefox Posts: 1,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With all the non-entities and z list celebs everywhere, it's so refreshing to see a proper star emerge like him.

He's a great actor and his performance on Sherlock was so beleivable and effortless..Yes, and a terrific name! he's got it all. How long before Hollywood beckons?
  • Mrs de WinterMrs de Winter Posts: 2,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was so incredibly creepy in Atonement, but yes, rather cute in other things since!
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,916
    Forum Member
    He was so incredibly creepy in Atonement, but yes, rather cute in other things since!

Yes. He gave me the creeps.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How long before Hollywood beckons?

Nooooo. They can't have him! Qucik, somebody kidnap him so that he HAS to stay here. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [QUOTE=Mrs de Winter;51399077]He was so incredibly creepy in Atonement, but yes, rather cute in other things since![/QUOTE]

"You have to bite it" :eek::D:o

He was also in a sitcom with Hugh Laurie playing his son:D
  • EmmersonneEmmersonne Posts: 4,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone mentioned "Small Island" yet? He was superb in that.
  • kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's a fantastic actor and I'm really looking forward to his work that's coming out this year! Also got to see him in Frankenstein twice and I went to one of the recording sessions for Cabin Pressure (great show. Radio 4 @11:30am on a Friday) Fans are very positive about their meetings with him as well which is always a good thing :)
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,916
    Forum Member
    Emmersonne wrote: »
    Has anyone mentioned "Small Island" yet? He was superb in that.

I read that at school. Assuming the program was based on Andrea Levy's novel of the same name?

• bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    Everytime I hear about Benedict Cumberhatch I think of this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPpYDHQVp9c :plol
  • EmmersonneEmmersonne Posts: 4,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    I read that at school. Assuming the program was based on Andrea Levy's novel of the same name?

Yep, he was Queenie's Husband. Naomi Harris was Hortense and "Alice" from Luther was Queenie.

Well worth a look on DVD.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 178
    Forum Member
    Espresso wrote: »
    I first saw him in Kinky Boots. I love that film.
    He's in the new TInker, Tailor, Soldier Spy, too with Colin Firth and Gary Oldman. Three of my favourite actors in one place at the same time.

didnt realise he was in that first saw him in a marple but had been introduced to him via cabin presure a great series that my late partner loved and couldnt beleive it was the same guy
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 144
    Forum Member
    DanielF wrote: »
    Also saw him in Frankenstein at the National this year. Also full frontal in that (not my cup of tea though) - obviously not prudish!

I saw that too - the way he writhed around at the beginning I think we saw every square millimetre of him! Definitely not prudish...
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    His mother used to get my pulse racing in the 70s! Yes, I'm THAT old.