Tescos Sugar Ring Doughnuts

Comments

• primerprimer Posts: 6,370
    Forum Member
    You are cruel.......I donut deserve that, but will take it on the chin...
    :yawn:

i think you are wilfully obstructing your own recovery here. you stick 'em in your gob, not all over your chin...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,667
    Forum Member
    Maybe they are not allowed to sell "Cornish pasties" and went off in a huff.
    Forum Member
    primer wrote: »
    i think you are wilfully obstructing your own recovery here. you stick 'em in your gob, not all over your chin...

I can think of only one thing worse than cold custard, and that's caramel flavoured cold custard!

I'll soldier on regardless, I may have lost the ring donut, but I have the hole.
    Forum Member
    That came out a bit wrong........hehehehehehe...
  • primerprimer Posts: 6,370
    Forum Member
    I can think of only one thing worse than cold custard, and that's caramel flavoured cold custard!

good grief. you know nothing do you.

the caramel's on the top. the custard is inside.

<shakes head>

I'll soldier on regardless, I may have lost the ring donut, but I have the hole.

<bites tongue>
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    That came out a bit wrong........hehehehehehe...

lol :D your funny
    Forum Member
    I've just had a go......

FIRST EVER DONUT!

ERRRR....does anyone live nearby any fancy a donut!? Oooopppps...I haven't tasted them yet either....

MORE
    :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just had a go......

FIRST EVER DONUT!

ERRRR....does anyone live nearby any fancy a donut!? Oooopppps...I haven't tasted them yet either....

MORE

Oooh well done! :)

I want one, but Cornwall's not exactly 'nearby' Scotland is it :(
  • franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Love cold custard and I like the sound of caramel favoured, cold or otherwise. Slathering here.
  • Uk LtdUk Ltd Posts: 1,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ASDAs 12 doughnuts for £2 at the moment are amazing!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Uk Ltd wrote: »

i see them as i walk inside..They have them right by the entrance going in..all iced in pink and sprinkles on top..there is any me here, so i would deffinatley eat em all up, and suffer with tummy ache afterwards :D
    Forum Member
    Oooh well done! :)

I want one, but Cornwall's not exactly 'nearby' Scotland is it :(

Thank you!

That's a real shame. Just tasted a bit of one, just how I like them, soft on the inside crispy outside, now I want to sleep!

I wouldn't hesitate to share if you were nearby! i love baking and always make way too much! Keeps the birds and hens etc happy tho!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just had a go......

FIRST EVER DONUT!

MORE

Nice job. Put one round a pigeons neck and send it to South Wales. Are they fried? (not the pigeon)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you!

That's a real shame. Just tasted a bit of one, just how I like them, soft on the inside crispy outside, now I want to sleep!

I wouldn't hesitate to share if you were nearby! i love baking and always make way too much! Keeps the birds and hens etc happy tho!

They look and sound lovely! Who needs Tescos eh? :D

Were they tricky to make? I wouldn't know where to start :eek:
    Forum Member
    Uk Ltd wrote: »

:eek::eek:

Morrisons have 12 for £1!! Very nice too, just quite far to go.

We don't have an Asda here.
    Forum Member
    They look and sound lovely! Who needs Tescos eh? :D

Were they tricky to make? I wouldn't know where to start :eek:

Not at all I'd read a few recipes and just chucked it all in, I'm trying to remember now exactly what I used.

Thinking...small cup - 4 x flour, half of marg, beatten egg, half cup of sugar, one cup of warm milk, (mixed in sachet yeast and sugar). t-sp salt and half t-sp baking powder. Mixed and left for half an hour. Then turned out into balls, stuck end of wooden spoon thru and into frier 3 mins, turning with wooden spoon. Dusted with caster sugar.

I'll never eat shops ones now...unless I'm really hungary - or they are on offer!
    Forum Member
    Nice job. Put one round a pigeons neck and send it to South Wales. Are they fried? (not the pigeon)

Yes, fried not baked, I tried baking ones years ago, hard and dry. The shops ones are all fried and use yeast and they are light and bubbly. Baked ones and the pigeon would never make the height to get over Hadrian's Wall...:eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't get me started.......there's not a single Greggs in Cornwall :( The nearest one is Exeter 80+ miles away and as someone who used to live in Yorkshire where Greggs were plentiful, I so miss being able to go there :(

I don't know if it's poor etiquette to qoute yourself, but I don't care :p In relation to my above post, I recently discovered that Iceland do proper Greggs stuff frozen, and I've just had two of their cheese and onion pasties for the first time in years...the real thing, absolute heaven :)
    Forum Member
    I don't know if it's poor etiquette to qoute yourself, but I don't care :p In relation to my above post, I recently discovered that Iceland do proper Greggs stuff frozen, and I've just had two of their cheese and onion pasties for the first time in years...the real thing, absolute heaven :)

Hehe! I agree totally! I found these a few weeks back, I don't shop in Iceland often. I go in now and just buy the Greggs cheese & onion pasties. The queue saw several of us standing in a row just holding cheesy pasties and I said "aren't they just the best? " - mexican wave of nodding followed.

They are really nice cold too. Lovely tasting cheese I think!

:)
  • Rab64Rab64 Posts: 1,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps you people should wein yourselfs of donuts and have a bowl of freshly chopped fruit and raw veg instead

This is about Doughnuts, not rabbit food. Keep knitting your yougurt
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hehe! I agree totally! I found these a few weeks back, I don't shop in Iceland often. I go in now and just buy the Greggs cheese & onion pasties. The queue saw several of us standing in a row just holding cheesy pasties and I said "aren't they just the best? " - mexican wave of nodding followed.

They are really nice cold too. Lovely tasting cheese I think!

:)

I'm totally and hopelessly addicted. Off to get more tomorrow :D
    Rab64 wrote: »
    This is about Doughnuts, not rabbit food. Keep knitting your yougurt

:D
  • Uk LtdUk Ltd Posts: 1,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lidl near us now have a bakery and do 4 freshly baked doughnuts for £1

Pretty tasty too!!
  • CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I rarely buy doughnuts but when I do I buy the Custard ones from Tesco. LOVE THOSE!

RIP mr Doughnut
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    They don't seem to sell the more expensive cookies any more either :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CBFreak wrote: »
    I rarely buy doughnuts but when I do I buy the Custard ones from Tesco. LOVE THOSE!

Agreed, they're the best.