Options

2015 BDO Darts Thread

Comments

• Options
    Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    malcy30 wrote: »
    Very impressive out shots 156 plus a crucial bull finish and Deta's 152.

What I don't understand though is how the BDO screw up the rankings so the defending champion is unseeded and the gets drawn against the #1 seed in round 1. Should be kept apart in the draw.

Most sports have defending champion as #1 seed eg snooker or in the men's BDO winning a £100k at Lakeside must make you #1 next year as thought the other tournaments pay peanuts so must be top of OOM, so why not for the women ?

You are confusing your PDC Order of Merit with BDO Rankings. The BDO system isn't based on money it is based on points so the person with the most points is world number 1 and so on. Points are awarded based on tournament performances throughout the year, not just 12 months ago. Lisa Ashton hasn't played much and what she has played in she hasn't done that well.

If you look at the mens rankings you will see you are wrong too. Scott Waites was defending champion last year but was seeded 3, Bunting was number 1 seed
  • Options
    MadsocksMadsocks Posts: 3,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First shock of the tournament. Master champ and Welsh captain Martin Phillips out. Great performance by Madars Razma.
  • Options
    JBOJBO Posts: 6,148
    Forum Member
    Has Del Boy's dating agency bloke been on yet?:D

I have to post that every year:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JBO wrote: »
    Has Del Boy's dating agency bloke been on yet?:D

I have to post that every year:p

Ha he is a ringer isn't he ? Nick Rolls, not seen him yet
  • Options
    JBOJBO Posts: 6,148
    Forum Member
    He's on now!:D
  • Options
    Terrence ChantTerrence Chant Posts: 1,334,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pity Scotty dog and Silverback clash with the PDC semi-finals. I've tried watching two darts matches at once before on split screen and end up getting somewhat discombobulated. In my brain it'll be Mitchell knocking out the Power to make his first PDC world final :confused:
  • Options
    tsotso Posts: 25,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pity Scotty dog and Silverback clash with the PDC semi-finals. I've tried watching two darts matches at once before on split screen and end up getting somewhat discombobulated. In my brain it'll be Mitchell knocking out the Power to make his first PDC world final :confused:

i will have the bdo on bt player and keep in touch

also if you just want to follow scores
    http://www.dartsforwin.com/live/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tso wrote: »

👍👍👍👍👍
  • Options
    loyalsinceloyalsince Posts: 6,068
    Forum Member
    Yep, frustrating scheduling but as Sky don't have FA Cup, they will want to have something to show today and tomorrow night.

Caught bits of women's match, excellent. The only shame for me is that for the women it is that 5 poor minutes and that's most of your prize money for the year gone (not that it is all about the money I appreciate)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tso wrote: »

Need my laptop so I'll have BT Player on my new phone and Sky on the TV. :D
  • Options
    The NaitchThe Naitch Posts: 10,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    loyalsince wrote: »
    Yep, frustrating scheduling but as Sky don't have FA Cup, they will want to have something to show today and tomorrow night.

It's got bugger all to do with Sky not having the FA Cup. What an odd thing to say.

The conclusion to the PDC tournament has always come on either the 1st day or on the first weekend of the year if it's early enough. Just so happens that this year it's clashed with the start of the Lakeside. Not a deliberate clash, I would say.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Naitch wrote: »
    It's got bugger all to do with Sky not having the FA Cup. What an odd thing to say.

The conclusion to the PDC tournament has always come on either the 1st day or on the first weekend of the year if it's early enough. Just so happens that this year it's clashed with the start of the Lakeside. Not a deliberate clash, I would say.

It wouldn't have been done deliberately. PDC doesn't have a history of deliberately clashing with BDO events......unlike the BDO of course.
  • Options
    loyalsinceloyalsince Posts: 6,068
    Forum Member
    The Naitch wrote: »

Don't think there has been a clash with Lakeside.

Re- FA Cup, I remember Taylor V Barney on NYD in 2007 (before FA Cup started, when Sky still showed it)

Cant remember every final before that and when they were (!) but pretty sure Sky would ask PDC to conclude on this weekend rather than New Years Day.

Same way Grand Slam Darts and World Grand Prix often happen during international weekends
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fatty Bristow being his usual wankerish self on Twitter.
  • Options
    david16david16 Posts: 14,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    malcy30 wrote: »
    Very impressive out shots 156 plus a crucial bull finish and Deta's 152.

What I don't understand though is how the BDO screw up the rankings so the defending champion is unseeded and the gets drawn against the #1 seed in round 1. Should be kept apart in the draw.

Most sports have defending champion as #1 seed eg snooker or in the men's BDO winning a £100k at Lakeside must make you #1 next year as thought the other tournaments pay peanuts so must be top of OOM, so why not for the women ?

At least at the BDO darts you don't get too many (very early) season before last good performers but barely won a match since yet still automatically qualified for the world championships this year's like you see in the snooker.

Yes it's unfortunate that you don't see the defending champion as unseeded this time around but at least the way they do it ensure you've got to play consistently well throughout the course of the year to earn a high seeding and so we more likely to see the seeded players performing well at Lakeside compared with the 16 seeded players in the snooker world's automatically qualified for the Crucible where the worst 6 seeds are only there due to historic form and stink the place out far more often than not.

I just wish snooker employed the BDO darts ranking and world championships qualifying system.
  • Options
    MrWoodySirMrWoodySir Posts: 8,480
    Forum Member
    Gutted for Cameron - seems like a decent bloke.

No John Boy Walton this season, has he retired? There's that bloke from Leeds as well Martin Atkins?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MrWoodySir wrote: »
    Gutted for Cameron - seems like a decent bloke.

No John Boy Walton this season, has he retired? There's that bloke from Leeds as well Martin Atkins?

Just not good enough to qualify nowadays.
  • Options
    david16david16 Posts: 14,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    loyalsince wrote: »

Caught bits of women's match, excellent. The only shame for me is that for the women it is that 5 poor minutes and that's most of your prize money for the year gone (not that it is all about the money I appreciate)

Ridiculous that the women only play best of 5 sets at most in the final.

Why not best of 9 sets?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just not good enough to qualify nowadays.

John Boy has been pretty poor for a few years now, and I'm not sure that Atkins is still suffering from his arm injury from last year (though there were rumours that it wasn't an injury but that he was inebriated)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    david16 wrote: »
    At least at the BDO darts you don't get too many (very early) season before last good performers but barely won a match since yet still automatically qualified for the world championships this year's like you see in the snooker.

Yes it's unfortunate that you don't see the defending champion as unseeded this time around but at least the way they do it ensure you've got to play consistently well throughout the course of the year to earn a high seeding and so we more likely to see the seeded players performing well at Lakeside compared with the 16 seeded players in the snooker world's automatically qualified for the Crucible where the worst 6 seeds are only there due to historic form and stink the place out far more often than not.

I just wish snooker employed the BDO darts ranking and world championships qualifying system.
    Not so, the last two years four of the six worst top 16 seeds have prevailed.

What you're on about it true a few years back, but since the rolling ranking system the top 16 is the best 16 players, simply because you have to be ranked 16 or better at the cut-off point just before the world championships, not a year or so before
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    First set to Silverback. Normally I would cheer on Tony but I have backed Scotty Dog to win the title so come on Scott.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One each now
  • Options
    suffolkbluesuffolkblue Posts: 4,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes shame these 2 are against each other so early. I like PDC and BDO the lakeside 3 years ago were still calling it the world proffesional darts championship. They only recently changed it to "Lakeside world darts without the pro.
  • Options
    JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    In the 2 clear legs situation now
  • Options
    JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    Sudden Death.