Options

Ill in June!

littlebootieslittlebooties Posts: 2,320
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I've got a really horrible flu-ey type virus. Full of snot, throat ulsers, temperature, achy, knackered and floppy.

Very surprised to have something like this at this time of year.

Has anyone else got anything? Is it going round?

Comments

• Options
    LastlaughLastlaugh Posts: 3,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had sinusitis and tonsillitis in May...

Now i've got a sore throat and i'm just hoping it doesn't get worse! :(
  • Options
    CaldariCaldari Posts: 5,890
    Forum Member
    Viruses are active all year around.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It will be soon. The bloke who has perpetual pleurisy came back off his holidays last week. With pleurisy. Barking like a flaming dog all day. Today my gaffer came in with the same thing. Bark bark bark bark all flaming day. Go home, you're ill.

What with that and the animal that sits next to me hacking up a pint of phlegm every morning into a paper towel at his desk it's a wonder I'm still alive.
  • Options
    venusinflaresvenusinflares Posts: 4,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had it last month. I felt absolutely rotten for ten days :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These I've got a booboo threads need their own forum.
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had a one day cold yesterday.

A good night with Lemsip and 2 hot water bottles and it's gone.
  • Options
    bazzaroobazzaroo Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    I had a knock on the door earlier and when i opened it there was a six foot cockroach wearing Doc Martens and waving a crowbar so yes, there's definitely a nasty bug going round.
  • Options
    PicklebumPicklebum Posts: 1,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haven't had a cold for a year and then we go away for our only holiday this year 2 weeks ago and I was really poorly. Sinus pains, achy back and legs, bad cold, no energy. Was so pissed off.

Ears are aching a bit today. My children have been poorly too. Definitely a virus going around.
  • Options
    littlebootieslittlebooties Posts: 2,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never been ill in the summer before so I guess I've been lucky up to now.

Just hadn't heard of anything about and no one close to me has been ill. Someone obviously sneezed on me in the supermarket queue.
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got a really horrible flu-ey type virus. Full of snot, throat ulsers, temperature, achy, knackered and floppy.

Very surprised to have something like this at this time of year.

Has anyone else got anything? Is it going round?

Couple of people at work have got a stinking head cold, including a mate of mine, who sounds terrible. I told the bastard to stop breathing so close to me today. A distance of at least 6 yards was required.
  • Options
    LuckyM2012LuckyM2012 Posts: 6,136
    Forum Member
    started off with hayfever, now a hayfever with a cold and bad throat in the sun it just feels urgh.
  • Options
    pink star 28pink star 28 Posts: 1,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep Iv had this cold to, only just got rid of it.
  • Options
    snoopy33snoopy33 Posts: 1,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep , me & hubby have it , we both feel rotten
  • Options
    NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I read the title as '3 in June'. :o
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    I read the title as '3 in June'. :o

Me too. I felt Roman as well, for a few seconds. :p

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_numerals
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My throat's hurting so I've probably got a cold coming. I tend to get ill on average once a year and it has been a little over a year since my last cold, so I am probably due one!
  • Options
    BenllechBenllech Posts: 2,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got shit up my ass.
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    These I've got a booboo threads need their own forum.
    This is true; I need somewhere to post about the boil on my ...erm... derriere :D:o:p
  • Options
    towerstowers Posts: 12,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    I had a one day cold yesterday.

A good night with Lemsip and 2 hot water bottles and it's gone.

The symptoms of hay fever are similar to a cold and if you only have the symptoms for less than 24 hours, it's more likely to be hay fever, unless you're someone who usually gets over colds very quickly.

Viruses are around in the summer, they're just less active than in the winter, partly because they're less able to survive in the air when it's hot and humid and partly because people don't huddle together indoors as much.
  • Options
    Ben_CoplandBen_Copland Posts: 4,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bacteria looooves heat! I'm surprised that people are surprised about becoming ill in the hotter months..
  • Options
    towerstowers Posts: 12,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bacteria looooves heat! I'm surprised that people are surprised about becoming ill in the hotter months..

Bacteria yes, the cold virus not so much, this came up on a documentary just a few months ago.
  • Options
    Ben_CoplandBen_Copland Posts: 4,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    towers wrote: »
    Bacteria yes, the cold virus not so much, this came up on a documentary just a few months ago.

It's held on for so long throughout the winter months and it's basically leaving the body now so you may catch some baddies on the way out.

Not sure if that's published in any medical journals anywhere, so don't hold me to it! :D Pure guess work.
  • Options
    plopperplopper Posts: 81
    Forum Member
    I've never been ill in the summer before so I guess I've been lucky up to now.

Just hadn't heard of anything about and no one close to me has been ill. Someone obviously sneezed on me in the supermarket queue.

I hate that, people sneezing and coughing in the supermarket :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    This is my 3rd day of having what feels like a flu although I'm not sure if it's as bad as that but it is kicking my ass :( I usually have a cold once a year and maybe a vomiting bug but it's nothing compared to how I feel now!
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    towers wrote: »
    The symptoms of hay fever are similar to a cold and if you only have the symptoms for less than 24 hours, it's more likely to be hay fever, unless you're someone who usually gets over colds very quickly.

Viruses are around in the summer, they're just less active than in the winter, partly because they're less able to survive in the air when it's hot and humid and partly because people don't huddle together indoors as much.

Never had a problem with hay fever before.

And surely hay fever would recur throughout spring/summer as the pollen count rises, rather than being just 1 day the whole season?