Options

The Witcher 3

Comments

• Options
    reglipreglip Posts: 5,268
    Forum Member
    Yes bombing them , oh well seems a bit odd Id prefer them to just disappear once you destroy maybe they will improve this on the patch.

Glad they are sorting the book issue out I never know what I've read or not

The icon remains but it goes grey once you have completed it
  • Options
    ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is there any benefit to reading books? I think I've maybe read two books that have given me a new bestiary entry - the rest have done nothing.
  • Options
    shaddlershaddler Posts: 11,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All the books do is add glossary entries, and not even all of them do that. They often contain amusing or interesting stories and bits of lore so I tend to read them.

I wouldn't mind starting a new game as my last playthrough ended the worst way possible, but I think I'll wait for the patch as the inventory drives me nuts.
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just finished the main campaign and I must say I thoroughly enjoyed the whole story. As someone else pointed out it wasn't too difficult in that final battle but there was a good build-up with several major enemies to fight your way through.

Now I can carry on with a good load of secondary quests and contracts I didn't yet get round to completing (and still soooo many undiscovered locations. Them pirates and smugglers do leave an awful lot of treasure lying around in the oceans!!)
  • Options
    mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    Due to no time to play over the last few weeks i don't think I'm even at the half way point of this game yet and enjoying it.

That was till this new update downloaded this morning!

Everything is lagging, and screen keeps going blurry every 10seconds or so and then returning to normal. Also the map is sluggish to navigate now and characters on screen don't load correctly and are missing body parts lol.

Think i might leave it and wait for the next update.

(PS4 Version)
  • Options
    Sam_Williams1Sam_Williams1 Posts: 338
    Forum Member
    Just banged Yennefer! Woo!
  • Options
    hazydayzhazydayz Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    Just banged Yennefer! Woo!

Did you perform well?
  • Options
    jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mikey86uk wrote: »
    Due to no time to play over the last few weeks i don't think I'm even at the half way point of this game yet and enjoying it.

That was till this new update downloaded this morning!

Everything is lagging, and screen keeps going blurry every 10seconds or so and then returning to normal. Also the map is sluggish to navigate now and characters on screen don't load correctly and are missing body parts lol.

Think i might leave it and wait for the next update.

(PS4 Version)

PS4 has been fine for me since the 1.07 update. In fact it plays better than ever.
  • Options
    tombigbeetombigbee Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mikey86uk wrote: »

But aside from that it's a good update :p

I haven't tried it myself yet but was reading an article about the patch and you're the only one to be noticing new problems with lag.
  • Options
    jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wdw_m6DvF8s

We have the Honest Trailer for The Witcher 3
  • Options
    mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    Completed the game this morning!

Although i told both Yen and Triss i loved them both meaning i had the rubbish ending, i loved the game start to finish! (Have watched all other endings on YouTube)

So was this the last Witcher game with Geralt as the main character?

Hopefully Witcher 4, you can take on Ciri's story?
  • Options
    Vast_GirthVast_Girth Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    Just completed this. 110 hours of pure quality. I'd say probably my favourite game of all time.

Got the bad ending though :(
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've a question W3 fans.. I write as I try to avoid reading any posts for fear of spoilers.

I want to complete W3 but I don't have 200 hours or however many are required to do everything in the game.

Is there an accepted "casual" route? Is it just doing the story quests? And if so how do I know which are which?

I'm worried that if I did that i'd end up under geared? Is that an issue? Also would I be missing out on anything really special doing that?

I just don't want to let this game pass without at least making a decent attempt to finish it.. but if I completed every quest and area in the game I'd never get to the end. I only just managed to clear the first zone before I found myself moving onto other games. Not because W3 isn't amazing... it is.. but I think the game needs to be an MMO for it to hold my interest for that long.

Thanks!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've a question W3 fans.. I write as I try to avoid reading any posts for fear of spoilers.

I want to complete W3 but I don't have 200 hours or however many are required to do everything in the game.

Is there an accepted "casual" route? Is it just doing the story quests? And if so how do I know which are which?

I'm worried that if I did that i'd end up under geared? Is that an issue? Also would I be missing out on anything really special doing that?

I just don't want to let this game pass without at least making a decent attempt to finish it.. but if I completed every quest and area in the game I'd never get to the end. I only just managed to clear the first zone before I found myself moving onto other games. Not because W3 isn't amazing... it is.. but I think the game needs to be an MMO for it to hold my interest for that long.

Thanks!

The casual route is to do the story quests as soon as you reach the level required for you to do them, so you will still have to do side quests to build your XP up. I can't see any way of completing even just the story mode without putting at least 70-80 hours of gameplay in.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Thanks!

You get a lot more XP for the main quest than anything else. The game is designed so you should be able to go through just the main quest if you want. You might need to do a few extra activities to level up but you tend to end up over levelled if you do everything.

However some of the secondary quests are fantastic and you would be missing out some of the best parts of game if you didn't do them.

I estimate it would take..

Only main quests - 40 hours
    Main quests and main secondary quests - 60-70 hours
    Absolutely everything: 200+ hours

My run through in which i did nearly all quests, witcher contracts and found most of the amour upgrades took 110 hours. And it was all awesome! I had a lot of question marks left on the map at the end though...
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ahhhh I see so the story line quests have minimum level requirements.. ok so that solves the issue I had of worrying about being under geared. Thanks for the replies. I'll fire it back up over the weekend. Thankfully there is now storage in the game!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ahhhh I see so the story line quests have minimum level requirements.. ok so that solves the issue I had of worrying about being under geared. Thanks for the replies. I'll fire it back up over the weekend. Thankfully there is now storage in the game!

Everything in the quest log(main, secondary, contracts, treasure hunts) has a level next to it. These are more guidelines than requirements though and they are not always that accurate.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thought I had finished the main quest only for the story to keep going! There is serious value in this game; easily on a par with Skyrim in terms of time that can be invested. I'm 72 hours in with still about 10 secondary quests and 10 witcher contracts, on top of finishing the main quest line, to go.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't believe one of the contract missions "Skellige's Most Wanted" is glitched. It has been for months and no patch on console! :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I got this for £10 on PS4 today in Asda. Was funny getting the disc for it because it's not just the disc, it's the maps and the soundtrack cd and the stickers lol. Only just started it but I'm enjoying it so far. Little bit derty at the beginning so as a grown man I hope there is more dertyness to come later on. The main character seems to like his women.
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    ^^^^^ I gave em a haircut and a shave so he looks better now.

I'm nearly finished in the Novigrad area. That area took forever to do. Just about 25 more undiscovered locations to go before I set sails for Skellige.

I've just started playing Gwent too because I've loads of Gwent quests that I've been avoiding. It's a bit of a pain. I'm just crap at it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm enjoying it so far. I've put it on the easiest option so hopefully I don't find too much of it difficult later on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    hazydayz wrote: »
    I'm enjoying it so far. I've put it on the easiest option so hopefully I don't find too much of it difficult later on.

Oh I'm on the easiest option too. There's enough to the game without having to deal with insanely tough enemies too.

But it doesn't matter how easy you make it, falling off a cliff will still kill you :)
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This game is so big I decided to do it in chunks.

When I finally started it last month, I did the prologue plus the first (rather large!) area of Act I, then took a break for something else.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Matt D wrote: »
    This game is so big I decided to do it in chunks.

When I finally started it last month, I did the prologue plus the first (rather large!) area of Act I, then took a break for something else.

I can't do that. If I don't blast through the game in one go then I'll lose interest and not be able to come back to it.