Options

Would you react to 2 men/women holding hands in public?

Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
Forum Member
✭✭✭
If so how?

Being gay I'm often cautious of doing any PDOA for fear of getting abuse am I right to be cautious or should I be more open?

Comments

• Options
    MustabusterMustabuster Posts: 5,975
    Forum Member
    I won't care. I doubt I'd even notice. In if I do it'll be dismissed within 2 seconds.
  • Options
    franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd encourage you to be more open and sod other people.
  • Options
    EbonyHamsterEbonyHamster Posts: 8,175
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't care

Tbh I would be too concerned with walking without falling over
  • Options
    bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not a question of how most people will react as the vast majority of people will not react at all.

The question is how will the very small minority react? That probably depends where you do it and how much alcohol is involved. The more people that do it then the less likely you are to get a reaction.
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't worry about what anyone else thinks. If you get disgusted looks from tossers, go in for a full-on snog in front of them and see what they think of that! They'll probably run home to cry in a darkened room...xD
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No.......
  • Options
    FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nope, do what you want. Its your business, anyone has a problem with it, its their problem, not yours.
  • Options
    Paul237Paul237 Posts: 8,656
    Forum Member
    I don't think many people would even notice.

The odd few who do will probably quickly look away because they won't want you to think they're judging you. :D

There will always be a small number of people who will mutter something under their breath or giggle, but they're few and far between and not worth caring about.
  • Options
    LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    I'd be a bit bothered if they were forming a two-person blockade of the pavement and I was trying to pass. What combination of age or sex they were wouldn't make it any less or more annoying. If there was plenty of room then I wouldn't care either way.
  • Options
    darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, it is nobodies business who anyone holds their hands with, also the year is 2015 it is time that people were more open and not stuck in times of twisted beliefs.
  • Options
    housegirlhousegirl Posts: 6,017
    Forum Member
    No why should we.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would be disgusted and envious if one of them was very attractive.

It would be different altogether if it was two men holding hands. :o
  • Options
    Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    francie wrote: »
    I'd encourage you to be more open and sod other people.

Ooh, that's a bit extreme!
    :D
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wouldn't even register, so I wouldn't react at all.

I was watching the video from russian earlier on of two guys walking through the streets holding hands and it was quite shocking.
  • Options
    Raquelos.Raquelos. Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    I just wouldn't give it a second thought tbh. Unless the couple was walking really slowly in front of me on a narrow path - then I'd be quite annoyed. Otherwise though... meh who cares :)
  • Options
    PoppySeedPoppySeed Posts: 2,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe it would depend where you were, I expect some areas may be more narrow minded than others. I used to see it all the time in Brighton but obviously there no one reacts. I've seen a few women holding hands and are obviously couples rather than mates but never seen any reactions good or bad.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It might catch my attention for a few seconds, but that's it.
  • Options
    PoppySeedPoppySeed Posts: 2,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, it is nobodies business who anyone holds their hands with, also the year is 2015 it is time that people were more open and not stuck in times of twisted beliefs.

Well judging by this thread may be they are?
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be honest, I'm normally too busy wolf whistling at hot women, describing in great poetic detail exactly what I would do to them, or committing acts of mindless vandalism to notice.
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't care, but sadly there are a lot of narrow minded chavvy types in this country who wouldn't be able to control their vile mouths.
  • Options
    floogfloog Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would just think "what a waste". Actually I wouldn't because I'm not a ****.
  • Options
    jesayajesaya Posts: 35,597
    Forum Member
    Same reaction as I have for anyone... awww. I love seeing people hold hands.
  • Options
    liftmasterliftmaster Posts: 674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    floog wrote: »
    I would just think "what a waste". Actually I wouldn't because I'm not a ****.

A what?......the suspense is killing me.
  • Options
    silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Given the attack in Trafalgar Sq a couple of years ago I'd be worried for you but personally wouldn't bat an eyelid. Working in Southwark it really isn't a big deal ;)
  • Options
    EspressoEspresso Posts: 18,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've seen both, fairly frequently. Makes no difference to me.
    That said, seeing as I've seen it, the town I live in must think the same as I do because it is highly doubtful that any couples are waiting to spy me before they start holding hands.
    :D