Options

Creative Zen Xtra - Coping music files

Hi
I just got a new pc so i dont think things are set up right,
What im trying to do is put songs back onto my pc using my zen xtra mp3 player. I transfer the music to "pc libary" in the mediasource programme ( which i had no problems with on old pc) but i can never find the tracks in "my music" as i want to transfer them to folders on desktop. they seem to be getting lost somewhere.
thanks

Comments

• Options
    Richard_TRichard_T Posts: 5,166
    Forum Member
    Heres what you need to do to transfer music :
    option1 - Creative media source 9e the standard management program)
    open up media source with your Zen plugged in, it should recognise the Zen, and list it in the sources window on the left.
    the centre window should list the tracks on the zen
    the far right window may indicate a few other options depending on how its configured.
    if you dont get a window there, then you need to click on the arrows at the bottom right of the main display panel.

if it says burn CD, click on the area where the text is displayed, and you will get a drop down box which lists:

audio
    burn CD
    Nomad jukebox Zen
    my computer

click on my computer, and find your way to 'my music' open it up, and then you can transfer the entire music content from the Zen to your P.C ( left click and drag a box over all the tracks)

you can do something simalar with nomad explorer.

the creative software has a sync function, but i prefer to do it manulay as listed above, as you can see whats going where, and when its going across.

also notmad explorer will transfer files to and from your player, either manualy or using a sync function.

http://www.nomadness.net will be able to provide you with more info and help.