what better logik or bush tv?

full hd tv 22"

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are these the brands your looking at as using as a monitor ?.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    yes mainly
  • Chris FrostChris Frost Posts: 11,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Neither then.

TVs have poor support for PC resolutions and refresh rates. You'll also find very few small TVs with 1080p or higher resolution. Higher resolution is important because monitors are viewed from closer distances than TVs.

Get a proper 22" monitor that includes TV functions rather than a TV trying to be a monitor. LG do some products that would fit the bill quite nicely: LG M2262DP and M2262D - both about £140
  • chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chances are that they are the same TV behind the badge on the front, or very close relatives. Would not be surprised to find out they both came out of the same Vestel factory in the back of the same lorry.
  • Gary BrentonGary Brenton Posts: 642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We have a Bush TV in the bedroom and the picture is absolutely superb...we have a Toshiba in the lounge and I prefer the Bush to be honest.

I am no fan of either Logik or Bush as a rule - but the Bush was brought us as a wedding present a while ago.

The downside is that (IMO) most of these flat screen LCD/ Plasma's etc... look like the images are 'plastic' and the quality is distorted. Call me old fashioned, but my other CRT (Bush) with built in freeview had a better picture than any modern TV I have seen...and to be honest, i can't see the fuss about them, and the only upside is that they are lighter to carry. :rolleyes:
  • c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you are going to be using it as a monitor then as somebody else mentioned you are better off getting a monitor with TV functions. I have a LG LCD TV that I use a monitor and TBH I know its cheaper for the screen size you get but it can't match even a cheap dedicated monitor. If I didn't use it for media playback 90% of the time, I would consider changing it. I definitely would not want to use it for extended periods for actually doing work.