Edit Quality

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
Forum Member
Got the 9200t a couple of weeks ago. Very impressed so far - just one lock up and that was when replicating the E4 BB thing. Software upgrade went in fine and autopadding a boon (not likely to overlap recordings at our usage level). All general functionality fine and dandy.

The only problem I've found so far is with editting. I went through the pilot episode of Mag 7 and removed the padding and the adverts. But it seems to stutter a lot for a few seconds when playing through where the adverts were removed. Is this normal?

Comments

• wgmorgwgmorg Posts: 5,020
    Forum Member
    I also found this to be the case ... so now I edit in my JVC DVD recorder.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I found the same. If I want to edit I also copy to my dvd/hdd recorder first.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    Ahhhhh....hmmmmmm...... Well, I am planning to get a dvd recorder soon, but I was only going to get a cheap one. Looks like I have to consider paying 150 quid more. Or maybe trying the transfer to pc route, which looked too fiddly for me when I first read up on it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    When I try to edit out adverts I get an error message saying "not available when recording" even when I am not recording.
    I am entering menu
    recoded programmes
    press enter
    select edit

Is that correct?

I was getting on fine with editing before upgrade
    Paul
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this a constant thing or happens every now and again?

If the latter, come out of editing etc to a live tv programme and check the PIP function.If it says its resticted because of a recording in progress and you know that there arent any its because your machine is in thinks its recording mode. We know how it can get into this state now and have sent the details to Humax to pass on to their engineers. Putting in standby will not correct the problem - needs power off and on from the switch at the back off the unit. Just one explanation - might not apply - but worth checking.
  • Bouncer5Bouncer5 Posts: 615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unicorn77 wrote:
    Ahhhhh....hmmmmmm...... Well, I am planning to get a dvd recorder soon, but I was only going to get a cheap one. Looks like I have to consider paying 150 quid more. Or maybe trying the transfer to pc route, which looked too fiddly for me when I first read up on it.

Do the pc thing mate, i was going to backup to dvd recorder but you can only play one programme at a time so hard to make a list, and also u have to do it in real time which takes ages and if you flick channels it'll pick that up instead.

The pc uses usb at high speed so u get a straight copy of the file and although the thought of its a bit daunting at first, once youve done it once it really is best, quickest and easiest way. Get a free trial of dvr studio pro, you can do the whole thing in one go and also edit adverts out much easier than a dvd recorder faffing with the remote, using the mouse is much better. Nice and simple but does what u need.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    Absolutley! I've moved on since this thread, once I realised the lead required was actually a printer lead and I had everything necessary to proceed after downloads of the elinker replacement software and dvr-studio. I actually agreed with you in another thread about how easy dvr-studio is to use.

The only downside is I had my fist dvd failure last night, trying to capture Highlander. Not sure which stage caused the error, but the dvd is unplayable and causes my pc to restart!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Thanks for suggestion. Problem solved after short turn-off.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure if the edit function has been improved by one of the software upgrades but I've been editing coverage from wimbledon this week and I haven't seen any sound stutter, has anyone else seen an improvement?