The Amazing Spiderman Trailer

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,472
Forum Member
✭✭✭

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it looks really good and better than the Raimi films which I just thought were good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks promising and darker than the Raimi films?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,442
    Forum Member
    Well it does look good, it looks like they have fiddled with the origin story a little. I do wonder how many are going to moan over CGI spider-man like they did in the last trilogy.
    Forum Member
    spendleb wrote: »
    Looks promising and darker than the Raimi films?

That was just because it was filmed on a phone cam :p:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    Looks like the "we're not rebooting Spider-Man" lines were indeed steaming piles of bull....

Although I for one think that may be a good thing as Raimi's trilogy sort of killed off a few potential directions too quickly. The only element I'll miss will be the lack of a Bruce Campbell cameo :(
  • billlythekidbilllythekid Posts: 5,080
    Forum Member
    I don't like it I prefer Toby McGuire spidey. It was lighthearted fun why does every super hero film now have to have a dark element to it:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deleted.
  • thedarklordthedarklord Posts: 2,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like it I prefer Toby McGuire spidey. It was lighthearted fun why does every super hero film now have to have a dark element to it:confused:

Ever since Christopher Nolan decided it should be the norm :)
  • Fowl FaxFowl Fax Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think the original Raimi version will ever be topped.

Darkness suits Batman more than Spiderman.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where as this darker thing came from? Doesn't look that dark.
  • EVILSPEAKEVILSPEAK Posts: 980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why are they showing the origins of how he became Spider-Man again? Can't Hollywood just, quite safely, assume we all pretty much know how it happened? Just crack on with a film that follows on from the 3rd. Saying that the trailer doesn't excite me, looks like a 3rd person 360/PS3 game.
    Forum Member
    Fowl Fax wrote: »
    I don't think the original Raimi version will ever be topped.

Darkness suits Batman more than Spiderman.

I don't know Spider-man can be quite dark - the whole venom and carnage thing is quite dark.

Most comic book heroes can be light or dark so really it is what direction they want to take it at the time.
    Where as this darker thing came from? Doesn't look that dark.

Well it initial came from the poster as people believed it looked quite dark, and to be fair it did. The trailer was harder to judge the atmosphere mainly because it's quality impeded on the viewing. But from the dialogue it doesn't sound like they are taking a humourous look at the spider-man origin.
    EVILSPEAK wrote: »
    Why are they showing the origins of how he became Spider-Man again? Can't Hollywood just, quite safely, assume we all pretty much know how it happened? Just crack on with a film that follows on from the 3rd. Saying that the trailer doesn't excite me, looks like a 3rd person 360/PS3 game.

Because it is a reboot, so they are starting from the beginning again. If they just continued on from the 3rd that would be acknowledging that the trilogy existed, this is a reboot therefore retreading old ground but with fancier shoes.

As for the 3rd Person I am assuming you mean the end bit that used Spider-man's POV.
  • Dai13371Dai13371 Posts: 8,071
    Forum Member
    youtube taken it down. Anyone have a link to a video hosting site which hasn't sold out?
  • EVILSPEAKEVILSPEAK Posts: 980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because it is a reboot, so they are starting from the beginning again. If they just continued on from the 3rd that would be acknowledging that the trilogy existed, this is a reboot therefore retreading old ground but with fancier shoes.

As for the 3rd Person I am assuming you mean the end bit that used Spider-man's POV.

I know it's a reboot, but why? It serves no purpose and the first hour-or-so of it will be a chore to sit through. What's wrong with acknowledging the first three films existence and just hitting the ground running with an all new story. Are we going to get 3 films from this director and group of actors then get another reboot from the beginning?

And I was referring to the final part of the trailer, didn't really do a great deal for me.
    Forum Member
    I know it's a reboot, but why? It serves no purpose and the first hour-or-so of it will be a chore to sit through. What's wrong with acknowledging the first three films existence and just hitting the ground running with an all new story. Are we going to get 3 films from this director and group of actors then get another reboot from the beginning?

And I was referring to the final part of the trailer, didn't really do a great deal for me.

Well it was because people of the original production left and so rather than having a brand new cast following the same story line (people don't like this) so they decided to reboot.

To be fair judging from the trailer and the characters they are messing around with the origin story that Raimi gave us. Different love interest (they are going with the original love interest) different Big Bad, even a slightly different method as to how he was bit.

I think they will still go with Ben's Death to make Peter realise his responsibility. But I doubt it will be like sitting through the same film again.

Saying that, they didn't need to start their reboot from the origin story (The Incredible Hulk is classed as a Reboot) however if the just had him as spider-man and fighting some bad guy then some people wouldn't realise it is a reboot. And the producers wouldn't want that :)
  • not_the_doctornot_the_doctor Posts: 1,835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because it is a reboot, so they are starting from the beginning again.
    But as much as it's a reboot, it's essentially the same beginning. There's no need to waste much time on him getting bitten by a spider again and learning to use his powers.
    If they just continued on from the 3rd that would be acknowledging that the trilogy existed, this is a reboot therefore retreading old ground but with fancier shoes.
    Let's not get into the "fancy" shoes. :)
  • neilnotnielneilnotniel Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    The reboot's necessary because they've decided to stay closer to the source material. Gwen Stacy, not Mary-Jane Watson, mechanical web-shooters not organic. A good decision if you're a hardcore Spider-Man fan. Maybe this time, when we get MJ, we'll get a seriously hot, NATURAL red-head!!! Give it a go, it'll be fun!!! Face it tigers, you just hit the jackpot!!!!
  • Fowl FaxFowl Fax Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know Spider-man can be quite dark - the whole venom and carnage thing is quite dark.

Most comic book heroes can be light or dark so really it is what direction they want to take it at the time.

The darkness appears a lot later in the comics.

We're still due a lot of light hearted moments from the early comics that haven't even come to light.

I don't think the series was due a reboot. 3 could have been better but rebooting it again from the very beginning seems pretty pointless.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i might have been tempted to go see it at the cinema but if its a origins story im going to pass
  • UrMyStarUrMyStar Posts: 1,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    looks like a 3rd person 360/PS3 game.

The end sequence from spider-man's POV reminded me of Mirror's Edge.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I'm going to see this before passing judgement. I'm not a big fan/comic book nerd but I still really like the original three by Sam Raimi (they are my favourite superhero films) as I think they balance the dark stuff, the humour and so on very well (Spiderman 2 is my favourite so far). Also they have Kirsten Dunst in ;).

The thing that I'm not entirely sure about for The Amazing Spiderman is Garfield as he seems too "cute"/"Pretty Boy" for the role of Peter Parker/Spiderman whereas Tobey Maguire was neither here nor there. Still I'll wait to see it before passing judgement any further :D
  • Octopus_PrimeOctopus_Prime Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will have to watch this when I finish work, can't get Youtube on the computers at work :(, But with all the comments I'm really looking forward to it :D.

Also the iPhone also let me down...............again, lol.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks decent but still no need for a reboot .Whats wrong with making a sequel with a diiferent actor playing spidey?
  • biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
    Forum Member
    when i saw the factory/lab scene and alleyway stuff i did :rolleyes:

because weve already seen this stuff in spidey 1 i dont want another flipping orgin story dealing with all this junk again

i dont care if kiddies didt see the orginal story and i doubt kids would care either its spiderman just trow him on the screen and there happy

i wanted another sequal with tobey maguire and co faceing a brand new villian with a simple story like 2

i dont care if spidey 3 was lame and abit too much it didt completely ruin the franchise like say batman and robin they could have come back from spidey 3

whats made all this worse is the fact that rami, tobey, kristen were all signed on to 4 only for the studios to trow it out the window

if the orginal cast crew weret gonna bother with 4 at all then obviously i wouldt mind but they were:(

ok rant over:D
    Forum Member
    biggebruv wrote: »
    whats made all this worse is the fact that rami, tobey, kristen were all signed on to 4 only for the studios to trow it out the window

if the orginal cast crew weret gonna bother with 4 at all then obviously i wouldt mind but they were:(

ok rant over:D

Didn't the cast and director leave because of script issues, the studio didn't throw it out the window, they left because they didn't like the direction it was heading.

Although what I heard later was the direction it was heading was back to school, and I just don't get how they expected Tobey Maguire to be a high school kid again - since he didn't look like a high school kid in the first one 10 years ago.

I do like the idea of Spider-man being in school because that is how I know him (High School kid with Superpowers) but I just don't see how they would have done it with the original cast.

For me I will be watching this, I have watched other origin stories, and I always new their origins so them rehashing things in a slightly different way I don't mind as I said before (different bad guy, different love interest, even looks to be a different telling of the spider bite itself, not to mention the different mood of the film (it doesn't look like it is going to be cheesey for a start) which will set this apart from the previous instalments)

Reboots are the big thing at the moment, nothing I can do to change this, so I might as well enjoy the ride.