I think I liked it :confused:
  • The AmbassadorThe Ambassador Posts: 5,631
    Forum Member
    Alien 9/10
  • Inky BinkyInky Binky Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Hunt For Red October

Fantastic film! This is my favorite Jack Ryan film and Alec Baldwin is perfect in the role. It's a shame that he never starred in anymore Ryan films.
  • Hello.Hello. Posts: 1,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bridge to Terabithia

8/10 Wonderful film, slightly ruined by some oddly placed bland music. The CGI is good and as sad as an ending it has, its heart warming at the same time.

I've seen it a couple of times before but I saw an interview with Josh Hucherson yesterday as he's promoting his new film the Hunger Games and the film was brought up, making me want to see it again. Can't wait for the Hunger Games now.
  • revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Adventures Of TinTin

Really enjoyed this, the animation was jaw-dropping and the story was lots of fun. Looking forward to the next one.

8/10

Milk

Heartbreaking story about the USA's first openly gay politician elected to office. Sean Penn was astonishing and I can see now how worthy he was for his Oscar.

8/10

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy

My only complaint is I found Oldman to be channeling Alec Guiness a little too much in his performance but I must say the film was intriguing. Brooding, dark and menacing, with a superior cast. Excellent.

8/10
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought I was a glutton for punishment after the disappointing second film, but I was pleasantly surprised by this installment. I did see the ending coming from a mile off (so did my wife), but it didn't spoil it any. The only thing that let it down (and the same can be said for the first two Paranormal Activity's) is that until the last 15 minutes, nothing much happened.

7/10
  • spiney2spiney2 Posts: 27,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ladybird Ladybird. 4/10.

usual ken loach rubbish. working class heros vs anally retentive upper class twits.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hanna - 8/10 I feared the worst when I saw Eric Bana and Cate Blanchett were in it but it mainly focused on Hanna thankfully. I thought it had a quirky, surreal feel to it with the music and some of the locations.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Biutiful - Disappointing but a good plot. Javier Bardem delivers an amazing performance.
  • GilashGilash Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    The Devils Double 10/10 - Dominic Cooper was amazing and deserved an Oscar for this. Though it was very chilling and brutal in parts.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Just watched Vamp online lol..Used to love this film when it came on telly..lol moments
  • Supersonic GuySupersonic Guy Posts: 968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched a couple of my guilty pleasures yesterday.............the Police Academy movies! :o
  • thedarklordthedarklord Posts: 2,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dreamscape

A blueprint for Inception?

6/10
  • NickelbackNickelback Posts: 23,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hidalgo - 8/10
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A film called Alaska which was on channel 4

Jake Barnes and his two kids, Sean and Jessie, have moved to Alaska after his wife died. He is a former airline pilot now delivering toilet paper across the mountains.
    During an emergency delivery in a storm his plane goes down somewhere in the mountains.
    Annoyed that the authorities aren't doing enough, Jessie and Sean set out on an adventure to find their father with the help of a polar bear which they have saved from a ferocious poacher.

This looked like a good film but people came round in the middle so will have to rewatch some time.
  • The AmbassadorThe Ambassador Posts: 5,631
    Forum Member
    Sleeper 7/10

"My brain! It's my second favorite organ!"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,174
    Forum Member
    Contagion. 7/10
    Awakening. 6/10- Though I was multitasking, so might have to give this another go :D
    American Evil. 7/10. Based on true events, the evil in question is not what you think.
  • TiwttmosTiwttmos Posts: 2,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Weekend at bernies, some good laughs. 7/10. Whatever happened to Andrew McCarthy!
  • DubDubDubDub Posts: 2,611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    F - (2010)

effin' terrible!

had my eye on that, thanks for the heads up :)
    Ginger Nut wrote: »
    Hanna - 8/10 I feared the worst when I saw Eric Bana and Cate Blanchett were in it but it mainly focused on Hanna thankfully. I thought it had a quirky, surreal feel to it with the music and some of the locations.

i liked this, most of all the soundtrack [chemical brothers] which i downloaded :cool:
    Biutiful - Disappointing but a good plot. Javier Bardem delivers an amazing performance.
    This was a tricky one for me as well. Fantastic performances but i had to spend bit of time imdb for all the answers :)
  • DubDubDubDub Posts: 2,611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nickelback wrote: »
    Hidalgo - 8/10

:D I watched Dragons Slayer 7/10 before the man utd game :D
  • JoLucJoLuc Posts: 1,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Act of Violence - 1948 Film Noir. 8/10.
  • JackassfanJackassfan Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kozara (1962) 9.5/10
  • gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    watched Robocop and The Firm, and Species last night

A guy on our local market was selling off his stock of DVDs (he sells games and blu-rays, but is stopping selling dvd's) for 99p each.

I bought about 15 of them. Nice assortment.
  • revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sleeper 7/10

"My brain! It's my second favorite organ!"

Classic, total classic film. "My wife thinks I'm a pervert, because I drank the waterbed" :D
  • dofferdoffer Posts: 2,746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Le Chateau De Ma Mere - 7/10
This discussion has been closed.