hollyoaks hospital set

lukey05lukey05 Posts: 67
Forum Member
Does anyone know how the hospital set managed to be squeezed into the old SU bar? The hospital seems to be getting bigger each episode, and I don't remember the SU being that big?

Comments

• vkmaxvkmax Posts: 3,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd imagine they've got a lot of set space. 2013 eliminated the sound stage for 2 council flats, the student accomodation, the SU Bar so that's a fair amount of space when you think that it's all a flat area to film on.
  • DJ JimmyDJ Jimmy Posts: 7,166
    Forum Member
    I think the SU Bar set was just recycled into the reception area of the hospital and obviously the exterior frontage. All the other bits are as vkmax says, the old flats and student accommodation as well as the old hospital set.

Part of HCC is incorporated into the school now. (The curved corridor, and steps up and down to the SU Bar mainly)
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The thing I don't understand is how the hospital has just appeared next to the coffee shop and no one's said a thing! :D
  • lukey05lukey05 Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    vkmax wrote: »
    I'd imagine they've got a lot of set space. 2013 eliminated the sound stage for 2 council flats, the student accomodation, the SU Bar so that's a fair amount of space when you think that it's all a flat area to film on.

I always thought the council flats sets weren't in a soundstage, but in the building that they used for the exterior?
  • D.DotAD.DotA Posts: 2,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    The thing I don't understand is how the hospital has just appeared next to the coffee shop and no one's said a thing! :D

No. It was a new hospital, Dr Browning was chosen to be the Dr who opened the hospital. There was a press turn out. It was in Lyndsey's first episode.
  • vkmaxvkmax Posts: 3,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lukey05 wrote: »
    I always thought the council flats sets weren't in a soundstage, but in the building that they used for the exterior?

Nah because the flats changed quite a bit too. The entrance was originally just in to Ste's flat and then they added stairs at the side when Jacqui and Rhys moved in upstairs. The exterior was quite a way from the rest of the sets though which I believe factored into the decision to stop using it.
  • EastenderstreetEastenderstreet Posts: 3,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm actually surprised BK never tried to open up a hospital in albert square now that would have been alot more weird! :D
    Forum Member
    vkmax wrote: »
    Nah because the flats changed quite a bit too. The entrance was originally just in to Ste's flat and then they added stairs at the side when Jacqui and Rhys moved in upstairs. The exterior was quite a way from the rest of the sets though which I believe factored into the decision to stop using it.

Ah makes sense, I always thought as it was a distance from the main block of sets they had it purposely built it the council flats, the lime pictures building must be a tardis though, it doesn't look that big for all these sets inside it
  • Sansa_SnowSansa_Snow Posts: 1,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im a bit confused about the Mqueens house, I may be mistaken but I thought the French doors used to go out the back to the yard but there now seems to be a porch on the front door leading out to the same yard?
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    D.DotA wrote: »
    No. It was a new hospital, Dr Browning was chosen to be the Dr who opened the hospital. There was a press turn out. It was in Lyndsey's first episode.

Ah that makes sense :)
  • hopeandfaith06hopeandfaith06 Posts: 17,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HO is just turning into a hospital drama now. I think currently more time per episode is spent in the hospital than it is in the main village exterior.

I actually miss all the uni/college stuff with the students in halls, the SU bar etc.
    Forum Member
    HO is just turning into a hospital drama now. I think currently more time per episode is spent in the hospital than it is in the main village exterior.

I actually miss all the uni/college stuff with the students in halls, the SU bar etc.

I know what you mean, I can't remember when I last saw anyone go into price slice.
  • D.DotAD.DotA Posts: 2,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    Ah that makes sense :)

It was only a little scene and it was a passing scene so easy to forget. I only remembered it because I was deleting some recorded episodes a few weeks ago and saw it on there. :)