Channel 4 screen ratio..

For the last few days I've noticed that the picture on Channel 4 is in 4:3 format instead of the usual widescreen, in other words the image is "stretched" when viewed in widescreen, has anybody else experienced this? I don't know if this is to do with channel 4 themselves or tiscali, although E4 and More4 seem to be fine...

Comments

• billingebillinge Posts: 458
    Forum Member
    I've noticed on a few channels that the aspect ratio does some strange things. While watching Knight Rider on SciFi, the ad breaks seem to throw the aspect ratio out, so it may start with 16:9, but after an add break it comes back in 4:3 but a compressed 16:9 image.
    Not sure if it is my set-up of a Tiscali issue.
  • parthenaparthena Posts: 2,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I changed from BBC1 to 301 to check the tennis (or Grand Prix, not sure now) my pic changed to 4:3. I went into the PVR thru which I was viewing and its video output had changed to 4:3. Completely mystifying.

It's all OK now.

parthena
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 417
    Forum Member
    I was about to post the same thing. For the last few days Channel 4 has been showing a 4:3 picture stretched to widescreen, and the sound is also poor compared to the other channels.

Any comments from one of the MK guys?
  • parthenaparthena Posts: 2,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear, sorry but my post above is totally out of place here, as you may have noticed - I didn't realise I was in the Tiscali forum and the PVR I referred to is not my Tisc+ box.

Silly me :(

parthena
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    Glad it's not just me then, and I have to agree with pissedbob, the sound quality is very poor, kind of "compressed"..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    Hi,

I'll look into this today and get back to you - Stickyfingers, we've just picked this up on our Forums and will post back there also,

Chris
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    Looks and sound fine on mine. It might have been adjustments just before the new T+ box update????
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    Hi,

Any issues with C4 have been looked at and are now resolved - however it is possible it is a setting issue for you, try this if the issue persists:

To get the correct aspect ratio with a widescreen TV:
    * Go to channel 999
    * Select "Widescreen Options"
    * Select "Widescreen (16:9)"
    * Select "Original aspect ratio"

Regards

Chris
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 417
    Forum Member
    Yes, this does seem to be fixed tonight (I didn't have to change any settings on my box). Many thanks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    Yup, all's well here too..:)