Grand Theft Auto V ANNOUNCED

Comments

• JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member

Official then. At least it gives them time to make it possibly as bug free as possible and so forth
  • sparky07sparky07 Posts: 1,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Erm..... September FFS!!! How is that spring?
  • andyhegandyheg Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    BITTERLY disappointed.
  • urbanhermiturbanhermit Posts: 103
    Forum Member
    JSemple3 wrote: »
    Official then. At least it gives them time to make it possibly as bug free as possible and so forth

Indeed.

It's been in development long enough :D
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    Told you guys not to listen to Michael Pachter.

We were only told about this a few hours ago, it is a piss take as the boxart, pre-order posters and RELEASE DATE was suppose to be announced today. We got one of those, but we were told everything was on track just early this month!

What happened to the Boxart Reveal and Posters? On Hold Until Further Notice.

I can't make an excuse for this, it's very dangerous, for a FIVE MONTH delay to creep up out of nowhere in the space of three weeks is very worrying, and to only tell us lot mere hours before going live, it's a daft move, especially as certain other studios are itching to show off Next Gen Projects in the coming months.
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Damn :(
  • TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was expecting this:rolleyes:
  • JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    Ash_735 wrote: »
    Told you guys not to listen to Michael Pachter.

We were only told about this a few hours ago, it is a piss take as the boxart, pre-order posters and RELEASE DATE was suppose to be announced today. We got one of those, but we were told everything was on track just early this month!

What happened to the Boxart Reveal and Posters? On Hold Until Further Notice.

I can't make an excuse for this, it's very dangerous, for a FIVE MONTH delay to creep up out of nowhere in the space of three weeks is very worrying, and to only tell us lot mere hours before going live, it's a daft move, especially as certain other studios are itching to show off Next Gen Projects in the coming months.

The way I look at it? You have a right to be pissed but it does seem that there might be some things to iron out with the game itself. OK It could have been bought out in may but what if it was full of bugs/what not? I think personally it's a good move for rockstar to delay to iron out any possible problems and make the final product better for us all
  • Nolan DeckardNolan Deckard Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Honestly, been waiting all month for the Box Art release, happily figured we would get it today and what happens? Delayed.

R* shouldn't have pushed that original trailer out so early, will be pretty much 2 full years from that until launch date now.
  • Titan9Titan9 Posts: 2,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I pre-ordered from Tesco Direct for £30, but it is disappointing news, was looking forward to taking a break from Call of Battlefield et al.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know why people get so worked up and upset over these things. What would you rather they do, rush it out of the door full of bugs?
  • redhatmattredhatmatt Posts: 5,197
    Forum Member
    I don't know why people get so worked up and upset over these things. What would you rather they do, rush it out of the door full of bugs?

They have delayed it to add more dating missions. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice going Rockstar. Would of been great game for over Summer. Plus in September the new consoles will be coming out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    redhatmatt wrote: »
    They have delayed it to add more dating missions. :D

:D:D

Happy for it to come out any time this year, don't want to see a 2014 release.
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ouch! My balls! They hurt where Rockstar kicked them. :(
  • RubricalRubrical Posts: 2,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, disappointing but what can you do? I wouldn't want to play it and have it crash during missions. This game will be worth the wait, no question!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone was so excited for this game! Personally this has already dented my excitement! This could be damaging for them! There was a real buzz around he game before this!
  • TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surely it doesn't take 4 months to 'polish' things up does it? Maybe there are a couple of major bugs encountered during testing
  • redhatmattredhatmatt Posts: 5,197
    Forum Member
    TH14 wrote: »
    Surely it doesn't take 4 months to 'polish' things up does it? Maybe there are a couple of major bugs encountered during testing

Even if a couple of major bugs were encountered during testing . They usually factor testing bugs into development plans. I wonder if rockstar failed to get certification for one of the platforms for some reason. That would take four months to fix.
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At the moment i'm regretting giving Rockstar 8 quid for Vice City yesterday. :(
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lulz77 wrote: »
    Nice going Rockstar. Would of been great game for over Summer. Plus in September the new consoles will be coming out.

Yep. Totally bizarre what is happening with gtav.

As i'm using PC and not a console I don't really care that much, we will be getting it at least 6 months after release so we may see it in...ooooo.....mid 2014 :D
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's an open world game where the player can do anything with a bunch of weapons, vehicles etc. It's not such a simple bug-hunt as in a linear game.

Late-year release isn't unusual for the series - it has just been far too long since the latest GTA game. Even longer since the real 'fun' GTA game. They promoted GTA V too early, I agree.

GTA - October
    GTA II - September
    GTA III - October
    GTA: VC - October
    GTA: SA - October
    GTA IV - April
    GTA V - September

I expected a delay to October, if there was to be a delay. So I guess I should take September... :(
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    I guess I can let you guys know now since they pretty much just tore it up in front of us. The Original planned Release date was April 23rd ("Last Week of April 2013 is what the guys are aiming for if all goes to plan"), amazing how much can change in three weeks! A lot of us are worried as we relied on ad revenue from GTA news and articles, and with the new delay, we're possibly going to be hitting a month or two of a blackout again, the News Wire team has had to shift stuff around to fill a Four Month Void on their own website, with Max Payne 3 being finished off, there's no major project or news on the website in the next few months, most of us are just utterly confused.
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess I'd rather a finished product came out in September as opposed to bug filled disaster in Spring.

Problem with Spring being out there is that the people will now expect that perfect product, which is nigh on impossible because bugs happen!
This discussion has been closed.