Options

Well Done Tiscali!

Can i just say congratulations to tiscali for doing an amazing update to the tiscali box, the epg is 100% better, more modern, very responsive and extremely crisp via hdmi, im liking the new search facility via vmx music too, it brings up what you are wanting before you have even finished typing, very clever!

I know you cant please everyone but im a very happy tiscali customer right now, in fact ive harped on that much about how good you are ive managed to talk my parents into signing up with you, do i get commission?:D

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 479
    Forum Member
    Same as that,well done Tiscali.
  • Options
    EwaawoowaaEwaawoowaa Posts: 2,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    howley20 wrote: »
    Can i just say congratulations to tiscali for doing an amazing update to the tiscali box, the epg is 100% better, more modern, very responsive and extremely crisp via hdmi, im liking the new search facility via vmx music too, it brings up what you are wanting before you have even finished typing, very clever!

I know you cant please everyone but im a very happy tiscali customer right now, in fact ive harped on that much about how good you are ive managed to talk my parents into signing up with you, do i get commission?:D

I agree with you 100%.

Although I have always sang Tiscali TVs praises. It is a brilliant service and always has been. I try and sell it to other people at every opportunity. Problem is I always get blank looks because people have never heard of it.

The EPG has now put the icing on the cake. It is the best digital TV service in this country by a mile.

I just wish Tiscali (or Talk Talk now) would put aside a few million quid for some kind of advertising campaign.

I have never seen TTV advertised and it is a very curious situation.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 42
    Forum Member
    Just wanted to add my thanks also.... it's great to see Tiscali start to fight back against collapse with new developments. It was also great to see the update implemented without any visible hitches. Well done guys!!
  • Options
    ethelethel Posts: 166
    Forum Member
    Ewaawoowaa wrote: »
    I agree with you 100%.

Although I have always sang Tiscali TVs praises. It is a brilliant service and always has been. I try and sell it to other people at every opportunity. Problem is I always get blank looks because people have never heard of it.

The EPG has now put the icing on the cake. It is the best digital TV service in this country by a mile.

I just wish Tiscali (or Talk Talk now) would put aside a few million quid for some kind of advertising campaign.

I have never seen TTV advertised and it is a very curious situation.

Couldn't agree more - I'm only looking at it on an SD telly and the resolution is miles better, as is the usability and design.

I'm equally puzzled by the lack of advertising although I'm led to believe it's down to the fact that Tiscali wanted as many exchanges enabled for the service as possible before advertising it.

At risk of heading slightly OT (apologies) my praise for Tiscali has been somewhat tempered this evening by the fact that the box has locked up 3 times so far whilst watching programmes off the hard drive - requiring a reboot each time. It didn't do this before the software update - anyone else had this..?
    Shame really as it's spoiled a nice improvement to the service.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 360
    Forum Member
    my box is fine and dandy, in fact all the annoying niggles i had before the update have vanished. Maybe drop a email to CS see if they could do a remote check on the box.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    On the positive side, my STB is now more responsive to my remote control (Eg. When changing channels.) I also like the improved search facility for music tracks/programmes as well as now having subtitles. The overall picture quality also looks more sharper.

However, on the negative side, I am very disappointed that the, ‘pan and scan’ setting has disappeared from TV setup. I have a CRT 25”, ‘square’ screen TV. Since the new setup, I have tried all three possible Widescreen TV Options - (i) Standard (4:3); (ii) Widescreen and 4:3 stretched; (iii) Original aspect ratio. Depending on the option and TV programme, the picture has either a black line at the top and bottom or it looks very noticeably stretched or squashed. (Eg. Newsreaders faces are more oval.) I did not have such noticeable problems with the old setup. At present, I am reluctant to buy a widescreen TV. I feel my current TV can last a few more years and I have been very happy with its picture quality.
  • Options
    Paper DollPaper Doll Posts: 3,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    howley20 wrote: »

Hope you're not speaking too soon, my box has now started to crash when I change channels, a lot like my old Nokia Freeview box used to do and that got great reviews as well until people actually used the thing in the real world. Never did fix the dodgy software either.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 360
    Forum Member
    i must be very lucky, i hammer my box day and night and since the update not a single issue, not one lock up, not one niggle, its faster more responsive, previously to the update i did have issues with recordings and on demand content not working properly but now not a single issue. Brill!!!!