Grand Theft Auto V ANNOUNCED

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    biggebruv wrote: »
    Well that was an exciting month for news, not!

We get more pics advertising the spring release date
    Then the very last day we get news of another delay now till september and thats it they could have shown us some gameplay footage at the least.

If they were working towards a spring release date then wouldt everthing major have been fixed up around now?

This game was advertised to early

I honestly get the feeling come september it will be announced its going to the next gen consoles instead i bet this is what will happen like how now suddenly we get an actual date in september aswell the 17th yeah right
    What major company releases there biggest game ever on the last months of the previous consoles life

As for people who preordered on ps3/xbox360 i reckon they will be told to get a refund if they dont intend to buy the next console

There's absolutely no way that they've delayed it because they've cancelled it for current gen consoles. While the game looks good for an open world game, it doesn't look like a next gen game at all to me, and to re-do the game for next gen consoles would mean they'd have to pretty much start from the ground up again otherwise the game would just look like an upscaled version of a PS3/360 game. GTA V will be on PS3 and Xbox 360, i guarantee it. I don't really see the problem with releasing it at the end of a console generation either to be honest, the new consoles likely wont be released until November which gives GTA V around 2 months before the next gen is released, and it'll sell a truck-load with the current install base of the PS3 and 360. Plus, not everyone will be upgrading to the next gen so soon so it's not like as soon as the PS4/720 are released that GTA sales will suddenly die.

As for gameplay footage, i suspect we'll see that at E3.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's good news for me, I can get all my summer work done and just play it all winter :D
  • GrahameSteeleGrahameSteele Posts: 1,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ahem...
  • Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find it incredible that it's taken Rockstar over 5 years to release the sequel to GTA4.
  • redhatmattredhatmatt Posts: 5,197
    Forum Member
    Pisswasser.
  • treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    redhatmatt wrote: »
    Pisswasser.

My sentiments exactly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rockstar always been the same I'll never be convinced with their release dates.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,240
    Forum Member
    Big Boy Barry is not amused.
  • tombigbeetombigbee Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's hoping it'll be a brilliant polished game. If it's as buggy as Assassin's Creed 3 then there'll be no excuses!

Also looking forward to Bully 2 in 2025.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,174
    Forum Member
    Seriously peed off with this. Anyone who works in High Street retail stores currently suffering will be annoyed by it too, because this is THE major game of the year, they could get a ton of preorders for it, helping to keep their stores going. Some of them might not be able to hang on until September, so I'm sure they are cursing Rockstar about now.
  • darkthunder35darkthunder35 Posts: 5,016
    Forum Member
    Seriously peed off with this. Anyone who works in High Street retail stores currently suffering will be annoyed by it too, because this is THE major game of the year, they could get a ton of preorders for it, helping to keep their stores going. Some of them might not be able to hang on until September, so I'm sure they are cursing Rockstar about now.

In my GAME shop we're told to get 3 GTA V pre-orders a day (by head office), it's quite easy but now it won't be lol.
  • rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find it incredible that it's taken Rockstar over 5 years to release the sequel to GTA4.

better theen churining them out every year like COD
    Forum Member
    I don't get why people are getting so uppity about the delay, sure it's disappointing that we won't be playing it until September, but I'd much rather them delay it a few months and release a polished product instead of us getting a buggy mess just to make the Spring release period. The way some of you are going off anyone would think this is the first and only time a game has been delayed...

It's not like the game was due for release next week and they've suddenly pulled it. If that had happened then I could understand the anger, but they never gave a definite release date.
    Forum Member
    That delay is going to matter to a lot of people. Rockstar would do better to just not announce the release date until they are certain they can meet it. And if you read some of the earlier posts, you might begin to understand. This is one release that jobs might depend on, it is crucial to some stores I am certain.
    Forum Member
    That delay is going to matter to a lot of people. Rockstar would do better to just not announce the release date until they are certain they can meet it. And if you read some of the earlier posts, you might begin to understand. This is one release that jobs might depend on, it is crucial to some stores I am certain.

But they didn't announce a release date. They announced a vague period when they said "Spring" but they never committed to an exact release date, that's why I'm not surprised in the least that it's been delayed. If it was going to be released in April/May like people were guessing then I think they would have announced the date well before Christmas (for comparison, The Last of Us is being released on May 7th and the date has been known for quite a few weeks now). I know it's going to be a big release and that shops will make a lot of money from it, but I don't think that gives anyone the right to be pissed off at Rockstar for delaying their game. Sorry, but in my opinion they shouldn't be forced to release a game in an unfinished state just to appease high street businesses. I'm the person who is buying the game and wants to enjoy it, if it had been pushed out unpolished and buggy just because game stores want money ASAP I would have been extremely annoyed, as I suspect would many other gamers who have been awaiting the game for 5 years.
    Forum Member
    Retailers had a release date of 17th May for months, which was changed just a few days ago to 21st May. So there will have been targets to meet in terms of presales, as they obviously generate business. (I know this because my son who desperately wants this game took the trouble to enquire at more than one place) Given the very sticky state of the High Street, I'm sure this game's release date became very important. I appreciate that none of this matters to a gamer, but I do feel that better forward planning would benefit everyone.
  • biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
    Forum Member
    Retailers had a release date of 17th May for months, which was changed just a few days ago to 21st May. So there will have been targets to meet in terms of presales, as they obviously generate business. (I know this because my son who desperately wants this game took the trouble to enquire at more than one place) Given the very sticky state of the High Street, I'm sure this game's release date became very important. I appreciate that none of this matters to a gamer, but I do feel that better forward planning would benefit everyone.

Sure let rock star release a game that needs a few kinks ironed out then when people play it they will moan about it:confused:

this generation of games is a long process to make cant imagine how hard a game like GTAV would be to make its not exactly a straightforward linear game like most games nowadays

yes its annoying but Id rather a game come out when rock star is happy to let it out then getting it out just for the target date that's set
    Forum Member

As far as i'm aware, Rockstar never gave a definite date, even to retailers, the 17th and 21st of May were purely rumour based. I can appreciate that the high street is in a delicate place right now, but it's not down to Rockstar or any other game developers for that matter to be held hostage by retailers, especially not considering the sheer amount of other games that are coming out between now and May already (Dead Space 3, Aliens: Colonial Marines, Crysis 3, Metal Gear Rising, Tomb Raider, God of War Ascension, Gears of War Judgement, Bioshock Infinite, The Last of Us, etc...), this is probably the busiest Jan-May i've ever seen for high profile videogame releases so i highly doubt that high street stores were relying solely on GTA V to bring in profits.

The fact is that if they'd released it in May it would likely have been in a somewhat unfinished state, it's like if Paramount had set the release of the new Star Trek film for March only for the film not to have had all the SFX completed, you wouldn't expect them to release it in an unfinished state just to appease struggling cinemas, so why should we accept unfinished games just so they can make a release date to help retailers? I'm sorry, i can see your position, but as the consumer i can appreciate Rockstar's decision to delay it to give it some polish, at the end of the day it's people like me who are spending our hard earned cash on the game, and we want a finished game, regardless of whether retailers are struggling.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm just surprised Ash didn't mention anything... Being "In the know" and all that.
  • blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why a trailer 2 years before a release? it is bad but then at least we should expect a bug free game, but for PC gamers like myself looks like 2014.

That first trailer feels SOOOO long ago (i guess it was).lol. The first trailer should have been released last year and take it all from there.
    tombigbee wrote: »
    Here's hoping it'll be a brilliant polished game. If it's as buggy as Assassin's Creed 3 then there'll be no excuses!

Also looking forward to Bully 2 in 2025.

Game are NEVER 100% polished and bug free, even with a delay im afraid. :cry:
  • TVScourgeTVScourge Posts: 453
    Forum Member
    Gevans81 wrote: »
    I'm just surprised Ash didn't mention anything... Being "In the know" and all that.

Its not his job to tell us when the game is coming out, that's Rockstars. The release date, his guess was as good as ours. Not his fault.

Not a chance in hell this game is cancelled on the current gen systems. Doing that would hurt them and ourselves, because we would have to pay £300-£400 on this game instead of £40 seeing as we already have a PS3 or Xbox 360. Makes no sense in the slightest to cancel the current gen. Why are some implying that its stupid to release a huge game like this at the end of a console's life? Will the console self-destruct and you can never use it again?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing will sell launch consoles more than the release of GTA 5 on release date for next gen
  • tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well it should of been expected. The shelf life of the game was going to be severely short to begin with since the new Xbox and PS are only just around the corner. The marketing for this game has been a complete shambles from start to finish.

So thats me out, my interest levels were barely hanging on as it was, this delay just killed it off for good.

Well done Rocksh*te.
  • tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tombigbee wrote: »

Keep hoping. Just because a game is delayed doesn't mean it's going to be polished and bug free. And when it is released and it isn't as polished or bug free as people hoped you will still get the Rockstar acolytes defending the game to the death and making excuses.

On an unrelated note Take Two's shares took a hit today after this announcement. Down by 5.7%. Ouch.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Francis has taken the news badly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax4APrQmWzE
This discussion has been closed.