Grand Theft Auto V ANNOUNCED

Comments

• Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The idea of slowing down time isn't new to the series, you could pick up the adrenaline pill in GTA 3 and VC, this just seems like a more character integrated mechanic, which is a smart move I think as it means accessing the feature is streamlined.

I never used those pills :D If they are reliant on player feedback (pressing a button to activate it), it will be something I can happily play without.
  • blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I seem to be the only person who doesn't like these special abilities. They don't have any place in a GTA game for me.

Im a little skeptical about these "special abilities" but im willing to give them a chance before making judgement.

- Love the fact we have a musical score for certain events

- Los Santos Customs including modding the handling of cars

- No more earthquakes, bombs on bridges etc...cutting off the map, fully open from the start

- Like how you will have to employ other goons to help with heists and give them a cut of the loot depending on their abilities

I'm stoked for this game now, thank you for the info Rockstar, i can't wait to jack a expensive car and go for a drive in the Vinewood hills looking down over the city of Los Santos listening to some amazing music on the radio.

September 17th can't come soon enough, i'll be booking time off work for this.
  • Nolan DeckardNolan Deckard Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I never used those pills :D If they are reliant on player feedback (pressing a button to activate it), it will be something I can happily play without.

It will just be activated like the Dead Eye mechanic in Red Dead I imagine, so yeah you can not even use it, there might be a few in game instances where it kicks in autmoatically, but other than that I reckon it will be completely upto the player.
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad car customisation etc is back and I hope that huge plane in the trailer is flyable :p
  • Nolan DeckardNolan Deckard Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    blitzben85 wrote: »
    - No more earthquakes, bombs on bridges etc...cutting off the map, fully open from the start.

Straight on a bike and pedalling my way to the top of Mount Chiliad. Can't wait!
  • rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The article didn't mention what the police will be like
  • biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
    Forum Member
    http://gtavcountdown.net/
    ^countdown website^:D

137days, 4hours, 15mins as of right now:cry:

LOL its all I can think about does not help that iv noting to play at the moment until last of us is released

resident evil revelations is out may 24th
    last of us june 14th
    rayman legends august 30th

those games will keep me going till GTAV
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    rick182 wrote: »
    The article didn't mention what the police will be like

The police system has been reworked slightly, it's still based on the area circle as seen in GTA IV, but Police AI now have a Field of Vision, meaning you can hide within the circle area and the police will carry out a search ala Metal Gear Solid, and the circle area will slowly reduce.

So if you're good at stealth, you can dive around and make your way outside of the circle area as long as a cop doesn't see you and radio in.

Helicopters eliminate this side of it though, police will throw hand gestures to the bird in the sky when they want the area reported on, however this will be easier at Night as Police Helicopters will have to use a searchlight and go over the map to see things.
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im a little skeptical about these "special abilities" but im willing to give them a chance before making judgement.

- Love the fact we have a musical score for certain events

I'm stoked for this game now, thank you for the info Rockstar, i can't wait to jack a expensive car and go for a drive in the Vinewood hills looking down over the city of Los Santos listening to some amazing music on the radio.

September 17th can't come soon enough, i'll be booking time off work for this.

I agree on the abilities and on the 2 points I've left in there, music is key for me and the idea I can explore without being chased by the Army and shot down for going somewhere too early.

I hope they've got Conrad Twitty for my jaunts into the countryside and Lynard Skynnard for my flying trips :D

Ash_735 wrote: »
    The police system has been reworked slightly, it's still based on the area circle as seen in GTA IV, but Police AI now have a Field of Vision, meaning you can hide within the circle area and the police will carry out a search ala Metal Gear Solid, and the circle area will slowly reduce.

So if you're good at stealth, you can dive around and make your way outside of the circle area as long as a cop doesn't see you and radio in.

Helicopters eliminate this side of it though, police will throw hand gestures to the bird in the sky when they want the area reported on, however this will be easier at Night as Police Helicopters will have to use a searchlight and go over the map to see things.

Is is still the same levels of force? I'd quite like police bikes (pedal and motorised) since most US cities have those now and I do hope the AI is less...well thick
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is the FIB and army back? Tanks we need tanks.
  • crazyguyz999crazyguyz999 Posts: 1,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i thought they said we couldn't buy property?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They clearly lied or have used the extra time to add it in.
  • sparky07sparky07 Posts: 1,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's the small random things that I like the sound of. For example, there are tourist buses that are parked up which, if you climb aboard, can give you a tour of vinewoods celebrity homes.

Little touches like this is what makes GTA so great.
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    I seem to be the only person who doesn't like these special abilities. They don't have any place in a GTA game for me.

I agree. Doubt I'll get much use out of them.

Loving the sound of everything else I've just read. Stupidly happy about buying property :cool:

Ash_735 wrote: »

Always wanted this so, again, I'm very happy with the new information :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The more i see/read about this the more perfect it sounds

It's beginning to seem like the game i've always wanted and i have no doubt rockstar will deliver

I've always thought what if EA (for example) got all there Dev teams together for a major open world game it'd be amazing
    You could have EA sports do little football/basketball etc tournaments or maybe just courts that'll work like fifa/nba street, you could have criterion handle the races/ driving and so on for the other elements

Now it seems that rockstar is the company that is going to make my dream come true and mix all the elements from there best games to make an open world game that exactly feels like a real open world and where every element works
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have they confirmed wether it will be releaded for the ps3 amd 360? Hope its mot just for the newer consoles
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    Have they confirmed wether it will be releaded for the ps3 amd 360? Hope its mot just for the newer consoles

All demos that the press reported on yesterday were on the PlayStation 3.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ambassador wrote: »
    Is is still the same levels of force? I'd quite like police bikes (pedal and motorised) since most US cities have those now and I do hope the AI is less...well thick

Not sure about the same level of force but the AI is suppose to be MUCH better. Plus, you can hide from them if you have a wanted level & they will search areas until the wanted level drops.

I also read that when in persuit they will attempt to flank you to stop you getting away.

Why is it not September yet ? :cry:
  • tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TBH whilst some of the features excite me, there's more features that I really have zero interest in. Having said that most of the time I won't be playing the game the way it's meant to be played, I'm more of an explorer and a discoverer than anything else. The things I'm really looking forward too is exploring the vast landscape, the wilderness, hunting animals and going scuba diving whilst soaking up the awesome weather effects and details. I hope you can ride horses a la RDR. :D

Yeah GTAV has now got me sucked in even though I said it wouldn't. :o:D
  • balthasarbalthasar Posts: 2,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do know what you mean Tysonstorm, that GTA:SA thing of going somewhere to do something, and after 2 hours of unscripted fun :D. Forgetting what it was you were planning to do in the first place.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tysonstorm wrote: »
    I hope you can ride horses a la RDR. :D

I've visions of a police chase and helicopters bearing down on me as I gallop through downtown Los Santos on a horse.

I'm not fussed on buying property tbh. Seems a bit of a waste of time
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ambassador wrote: »
    I've visions of a police chase and helicopters bearing down on me as I gallop through downtown Los Santos on a horse.

I'm not fussed on buying property tbh. Seems a bit of a waste of time

You can buy businesses which generate income for you. Or buy the taxi firm and get free cab rides ! :D
  • ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    i thought they said we couldn't buy property?

That's what I thought! Great news. Also love reading about meth dealers in the desert. (BB anyone?)

A couple of shots from that article look so good!

http://www.destructoid.com/ul/252852-grand-theft-auto-v/RSG_GTAV_Screenshot_151-620x.jpg

http://www.destructoid.com/ul/252852-grand-theft-auto-v/RSG_GTAV_Screenshot_207-620x.jpg

Now I'm REALLY buzzing about this game. :D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can buy businesses which generate income for you. Or buy the taxi firm and get free cab rides ! :D

So the same as Saints Row?

As long as I don't have to make friends, I really detested taking people bowling...

I just want a happier story, I was suicidal at the end of GTA4
  • SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,903
    Forum Member
    What's everyone planning to do first on GTA5 then? My current plan is play it properly and do missions for a couple of hours, then move onto side-missions for a little bit (if there's any available from the start), before jacking a nice sports car and spending at least an hour just driving around taking in the sights. If I can find a plane I may do it by air :D
This discussion has been closed.