Emma Chawner - the new Jade Goody? (Part 9)

Comments

• SkafaceSkaface Posts: 4,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Kim, hope you enjoyed those few days away and that the weather wasn't too bad for you. :)

I thought it looked fairly obvious all the other 'guests' had only turned up to get their mugs on TV. I mean, fancy turning up for something like that when the only reason you 'know' the people is through being FB 'friends' with them! :rolleyes: :D

I take it you fell out with them not long afterwards? It really is no loss to you and I personally think you're much better off keeping a safe distance between you and them now, as they'll only try to cause more trouble given half the chance. We've all now clearly seen how they operate and always lay the blame on others for problems of their own making.
  • mrs.deschanelmrs.deschanel Posts: 3,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kimmaton wrote: »
    hiya all

Really sorry i havent commented back to any post but just come back from a mini break with my hubby, kids and my mum. i am so glad that the chunkies are no longer gonna be on my tele also i have tell you all that, that was the last time Alicia would be on telly. omg did you see me i looked awful.

You didn't look awful but you looked really bored!!! Was it as bad as it looked? It really did look like an utterly tedious afternoon.
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hiya all

Really sorry i havent commented back to any post but just come back from a mini break with my hubby, kids and my mum. i am so glad that the chunkies are no longer gonna be on my tele also i have tell you all that, that was the last time Alicia would be on telly. omg did you see me i looked awful.

No you didn't and I loved your coral coloured top :) Hope you had a nice break. And you really have had a lucky escape! But you did your best to keep your daughter in touch with her other family but if they're just going to be completely unappreciative and stab you in the back you're well rid. At least later on you'll be able to tell your daughter you did the right thing - THEY on the other hand definitely didn't.
    Skaface wrote: »
    Hi Kim, hope you enjoyed those few days away and that the weather wasn't too bad for you. :)

I thought it looked fairly obvious all the other 'guests' had only turned up to get their mugs on TV. I mean, fancy turning up for something like that when the only reason you 'know' the people is through being FB 'friends' with them! :rolleyes: :D

I take it you fell out with them not long afterwards? It really is no loss to you and I personally think you're much better off keeping a safe distance between you and them now, as they'll only try to cause more trouble given half the chance. We've all now clearly seen how they operate and always lay the blame on others for problems of their own making.

BIB: Spot on.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emma's FB invite (wasn't there talk of a competition for which the winners got an invite to the wedding vow renewal? ) plus her mass invites to her close personal friends like Peter Andre and Eamonn Holmes make you realise not just how delusional they are, but just how goddamn thick she is, doesn't it?

Wonder what happened to the crash barriers that they thought they would need? :D
  • greengrangreengran Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tally wrote: »
    Emma's FB invite (wasn't there talk of a competition for which the winners got an invite to the wedding vow renewal? ) plus her mass invites to her close personal friends like Peter Andre and Eamonn Holmes make you realise not just how delusional they are, but just how goddamn thick she is, doesn't it?

Wonder what happened to the crash barriers that they thought they would need? :D

And the Police needed to man the barricades.
  • alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *waves to Kim* You didn't look awful at all, although you did look awfully bored. Alicia looked adorable, as ever.

Why so few guests? Do they literally have no friends at all? For people who brag about how many thousands of f/b friends they have,it just demonstrated exactly how valid f/b friends are - unless you know people personally, they are not friends.

As for the crowd control barriers, and the police patrol outside in case of trouble, it would have been even funnier if Emma and Sam had organised all that, and then all of the seven guests sidled past. Director Dan could have done an even better 'tumbleweed moment'.
  • FlickJFlickJ Posts: 246
    Forum Member
    Watching an old episode of S1 where the girls were at wellsprings in the uk and emma was ill with appendicitis, she hadn't seen her parents for 4 weeks and was crying on the phone in hospital to them saying she was scared and in pain but phil and aud decided to go to the hairdressers (for a "deirdre barlow" no doubt !) Instead of visiting their (for once genuinly) sick child !! As parents (I use the term loosely) they really do beggar belief. Dan was saying to them he thought Emma should be their priority and all Aud culd say was "what can we do though, the hairdressers is already booked " eh, cancel you vile woman! When they finally got there and the doc was explaining the op to them he asked if they had any questions, aud's response "did u know emma was on x factor " !!!! If they ever do a film version of roahl dahl's "The Twits" phil and aud would be great casting, lest the fact it would make them believe they are bona fide stars, still another accolade for phil's actor / director page ! Lol xx
  • Tudor6222Tudor6222 Posts: 992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FlickJ wrote: »
    Watching an old episode of S1 where the girls were at wellsprings in the uk and emma was ill with appendicitis, she hadn't seen her parents for 4 weeks and was crying on the phone in hospital to them saying she was scared and in pain but phil and aud decided to go to the hairdressers (for a "deirdre barlow" no doubt !) Instead of visiting their (for once genuinly) sick child !! As parents (I use the term loosely) they really do beggar belief. Dan was saying to them he thought Emma should be their priority and all Aud culd say was "what can we do though, the hairdressers is already booked " eh, cancel you vile woman! When they finally got there and the doc was explaining the op to them he asked if they had any questions, aud's response "did u know emma was on x factor " !!!! If they ever do a film version of roahl dahl's "The Twits" phil and aud would be great casting, lest the fact it would make them believe they are bona fide stars, still another accolade for phil's actor / director page ! Lol xx

I remember that and I also remember feeling so angry with her. She has absolutely no idea of how a mother should behave.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it's true that Emma offered invitations to all their FB 'fans' if they could correctly guess how long the Gruesome Twosome had been married, it was hardly rocket-science, was it? She may as well have asked them to correctly guess the family's surname! :rolleyes:

How deluded must the girl be if she thought having barricades and a police presence to control the crowds would be even remotely necessary? She needs to realise that having your ugly mug on the TV doesn't necessarily equate to superstardom and hordes of screaming fans. I mean, just look at Gillian McKeith, for instance. ;):D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 174
    Forum Member
    No you didn't. Stop putting yourself down. Hope you had a lovely break. Alicia looked so cute. :)

Though how you put up with the whole shenaningans I dont know. Cringeworthy or what?

hiya, i put up with them for the length of time i did for Alicia's sake but were did that get me, like someone said at least i can tell alicia when she is older that i did try to let them see her.
    Forum Member
    greengran wrote: »
    No you didn't, be proud of who you are and what you've got. Ailicia looked lovely in her dress, such a cute girl.
    Why were there so few guests Kim, don't the chunkies have any real friends?

thank you very much xx the chunkies havent got proper friends they are all fake. they only had alicia in their life that was family as chris doesnt want anything to do with them and do you blame him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    No wonder this thread is so long, people just keep repeating the same things over and over..how many times can you discuss the last episode?
    Emma wanted to ask Peter Andre and Eamonn Holmes, Phils build a bear shoes..Audrey is depressed, surely people get sick of discussing the Chawners that much, some posters are just repeating the same things over and over each day.
    I hope none of the Chawners actually read this thread, some of the posts are just plain nasty.
    Forum Member
    Skaface wrote: »

hiya their wedding was in june last year and i think we fell out in september/october approx. all i have ever wanted was for people to know the real truth about them but no-one took me on it was only when the series started that people seen them for who they really are
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hiya their wedding was in june last year and i think we fell out in september/october approx. all i have ever wanted was for people to know the real truth about them but no-one took me on it was only when the series started that people seen them for who they really are
    You and your ex should sell your stories to Take A Break - the truth about the Chawners.

But you'll have to do it quickly, before they topple off the bottom rung of the showbiz ladder, never to be see or spoken about in public again.

In a couple of months, it will be 'who the heck are the Chawners?' And they will have no idea why they are no longer big fat celebrities :cry:
  • greengrangreengran Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You and your ex should sell your stories to Take A Break - the truth about the Chawners.

But you'll have to do it quickly, before they topple off the bottom rung of the showbiz ladder, never to be see or spoken about in public again.

In a couple of months, it will be 'who the heck are the Chawners?' And they will have no idea why they are no longer big fat celebrities :cry:

They'll just be big and fat!"

No change there then!:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 77
    Forum Member

DITTO... I always knew the truth would come out in the end Kim.... Give idiots, like the Chunks enough rope, & they will hang themselves..Of which, they have surely done in episode 3.... I knew they were nasty people back in episode 1 & 2 & yet no-one believed me either...
    And yes Kim, what you have done,Is the best way forward for Alicia... You gave the chunks many, many chances,,,only for them to turn on you publicly...
    As for the Princess, who said comments are being repeated, over & over, Thats because new people are joining all the time, & we cut them some slack, as it would be rude to point out to them, its already been discussed.......:rolleyes:
  • jerseyporterjerseyporter Posts: 2,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No wonder this thread is so long, people just keep repeating the same things over and over..how many times can you discuss the last episode?
    Emma wanted to ask Peter Andre and Eamonn Holmes, Phils build a bear shoes..Audrey is depressed, surely people get sick of discussing the Chawners that much, some posters are just repeating the same things over and over each day.
    I hope none of the Chawners actually read this thread, some of the posts are just plain nasty.

I think that the accusation of nastiness is unwarranted - don't mix up nastiness for pointing out the truth, which is what 99% of people on this thread do. The fact that the truth isn't very palatable isn't the posters' faults - the Chawners are wholly responsible for their own situation, and for putting themselves on television. They have shown themselves up for what they truly are, and we have their granddaughter's mother on here telling us that it really is as bad as it looks on TV.

By the way, Kim, you mustn't feel guilty for cutting yourself and Alicia loose from the Chawner's influence - we had to do the same thing with my in-laws because of the way they treated both my husband and our daughters. They are telling anyone who will listen what horrible people we are, but at no point have they seen that they are responsible for the way they behave. The only difference I've seen sometimes between the Chawners and my in-laws is that my in-laws don't have a TV series on which to spout their misguided views. My husband has been told he's "no son of ours" more than once, simply for standing up for his own family and not letting himself be emotionally bullied any more by his parents - sound familiar? You really are on a hiding to nothing when it gets as bad as it got for you and the Chawners, and us and my in-laws, and eventually you have to put the interests of your child/ren first.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Barbidoll wrote: »
    As for the Princess, who said comments are being repeated, over & over, Thats because new people are joining all the time, & we cut them some slack, as it would be rude to point out to them, its already been discussed.......:rolleyes:

:rolleyes: Plus the Princess has absolutely NO idea of the dynamics of a long running thread.You do genuinely become fond of certain posters,I know a bit about their lives and families and where their point of view is coming from.

:) We've had loads of laughs to go along with the groans. Lots of banter to offset the horror of Chawnerville. Most of the time it's only very loosely related to the Gruesome Chunkies. It's only because the show has just aired that it's on our minds as really, you couldn't make up the sheer awfulness that is Chawnerville and Chawner Towers.

This thread isn't for everyone, obviously. But dont knock it unless you've read through all it's parts. ( :p There, that'll get rid of a lot of would be critics.)

As for our posts being nasty, Piffle. Get on Twitter or FB then you'll see nasty. Besides after S3 I cant feel any guilt, they are revolting. Unlike the vast majority of posters on here. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    :rolleyes: Plus the Princess has absolutely NO idea of the dynamics of a long running thread.You do genuinely become fond of certain posters,I know a bit about their lives and families and where their point of view is coming from.

:) We've had loads of laughs to go along with the groans. Lots of banter to offset the horror of Chawnerville. Most of the time it's only very loosely related to the Gruesome Chunkies. It's only because the show has just aired that it's on our minds as really, you couldn't make up the sheer awfulness that is Chawnerville and Chawner Towers.

This thread isn't for everyone, obviously. But dont knock it unless you've read through all it's parts. ( :p There, that'll get rid of a lot of would be critics.)

As for our posts being nasty, Piffle. Get on Twitter or FB then you'll see nasty. Besides after S3 I cant feel any guilt, they are revolting. Unlike the vast majority of posters on here. :)
    Here, Here, well put. & yes if you take the time to read from Part One. Princess, you will see for yourself, its all been tongue in cheek humour... Maybe we should NOT:D encourage you, by replying..!!!!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thanks very much for your reply Kim. :)

I already had a fairly good idea that they were pathetic attention-seekers after I first clapped eyes on them mouthing off to the judges after Emma's disastrous X Factor audition (wearing that hideous Pa Chawner creation!) :eek:

Nothing I have since seen in their subsequent TV appearances has altered my opinion that they're not very nice people and I pity anyone who has the misfortune to come into contact or deal with them, especially their poor neighbours!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    I am so glad that there is a Part 9!

Even though i couldn't hate Philth more, i couldn't help feeling sorry for ALL of them when those horrid people turned up and laughed. D;
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Barbidoll wrote: »
    Here, Here, well put. & yes if you take the time to read from Part One. Princess, you will see for yourself, its all been tongue in cheek humour... Maybe we should NOT:D encourage you, by replying..!!!!!!
    I think perhaps Princess should have a peek into the X Factor forum and the Big Brother forum if she thinks a 9 part thread is a long one;)

JJJ and Matt Cardle fans leave us standing, we just cannot compete with that level of devotion.:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 454
    Forum Member
    hiya all

Did you look awful? ABSOLUTELY NOT!
    Did you look mortified to be there? Definitely!

You looked lovely, like a normal caring mum should be. Putting up with them for as long as humanly possible for the sake of your daughter.

It must be a relief that everyone has now seen what you have known all along, without the Lorraine Kelly sprinkle of sugar-coated editing.

There are two people in my life who are so sickly sweet to the general public, but are nasty with me when nobody's in earshot. Of course I learned at an early age that if I said "How can you like her? She's evil!" then everyone would run to her defence and accuse ME of being a cow. So frustrating!
  • tenorladytenorlady Posts: 1,976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you think if Lorraine Kelly had continued to mentor the Chawners, we wouldn't have seen the Chawners in such a bad light? Lorraine was like a stroppy school mistress, wagging her finger at them, whilst shaking her head in comic dismay.

Director Dan pretended to be their best mate and stitched them up like a kipper.

That wedding reception was the biggest slap in the face he could have given them. He didn't need to tell them they are failures, it was blindingly obvious. I actually felt sorry for them, their humiliation was painful to watch.
  • lorrylorry Posts: 2,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kim, may I just add that I thought you looked lovely too. What I thought during the episode (after I decided that must be you with the pretty little girl) was that I had the utmost respect for you, turning up and taking part in what was obviously a farce, but maintaining your dignity, keeping your distance and not feeling pressurised to fawn over them. You did your duty without giving up your principles and that cannot have been easy, especially knowing the cameras were there.

Well done Kim. One day your daughter will be very proud of you, if she's not already.

Oh, and to Princess thingy - nobody's forcing you to read this thread. I've not been here that long myself but it's full of nice people who are only telling the truth and having a bit of fun in the process. It's like a little community which anybody is welcome to join in - don't knock that.
This discussion has been closed.