Apple to release a device with 4.8 inch screen this year called Iphone Math?

Comments

• flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    They said no such thing though. Perhaps they implied it. You could argue just as legitimately that they implied their own previous model wasn't long enough.

I realise they implied it. After two pages of paraphrasing the point has been distilled somewhat.
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kidspud wrote: »
    If you don't watch adverts I'm surprised you joined this part of the thread.

Because someone posted the Apple ad on this thread? My reply was very contextual.
  • swordmanswordman Posts: 6,679
    Forum Member
    They said no such thing though. Perhaps they implied it. You could argue just as legitimately that they implied their own previous model wasn't long enough.

The add claimed the 5 was perfect for your hand/thumb and by extension anything bigger is not ergo s3 etc

It can't be that difficult can it?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    swordman wrote: »
    The add claimed the 5 was perfect for your hand/thumb and by extension anything bigger is not ergo s3 etc

It can't be that difficult can it?

But they didn't say the S3 was too big. You've inferred that from what was said in the advert.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But they didn't say the S3 was too big. You've inferred that from what was said in the advert.

They implied anything that wasn't an iPhone5 was not ergonomic size wise though. Now they are contradicting that.

Is it that difficult to comprehend?
    Forum Member

It is truly un believable it really is :eek:
  • kidspudkidspud Posts: 18,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    flagpole wrote: »
    I don't know what you're on about anymore. In summary: apple released an ad saying that the s3 was too big. There is now a rumour that they are releasing a device that size.

That is a little bit funny and why they are being mocked. That you seem willing to sacrifice yourself on order to deflect attention is honorable.

Bib, are we gong round in circles, apple did not release an advert saying the s3 was too big, are you just making that bit up now:confused:

Deflect attention to what? Your made up claims:confused:

So you think using an ad that doesn't exist to try and make a point about a phone that is only a rumour is mocking! Ho said comedy is dead:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is truly un believable it really is :eek:

Is it? The difference is subtle but it exists. Apple did not release an advert saying the S3 was too big at all.

Company in 'advert to try and convince you their new device has the best screen size' shocker, eh? :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    There really is some blind commitment to the cause its a little embarrassing :D
  • twogunthomtwogunthom Posts: 2,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does this mean no other mobile company can release a 4·8 inch screen with the letter M in the name or they'll be sued.
  • paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There really is some blind commitment to the cause its a little embarrassing :D

Indeed. Apple definitely was not comparing the size of the iphone with the competition when making the advert. They were definitely just talking about their own product and not encouraging the viewer to draw any conclusions about it in relation to the competition.

Oh, and Steve Jobs definitely didn't say that the 10" screen size is the minimum size required to create great tablet apps. :)
    Forum Member
    yes your right in fact they were actually saying .. go and try some of our competitors phones a big screen might actually be better in case we release one in the future
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They implied anything that wasn't an iPhone5 was not ergonomic size wise though. Now they are contradicting that.

Is it that difficult to comprehend?
    paulbrock wrote: »
    Indeed. Apple definitely was not comparing the size of the iphone with the competition when making the advert. They were definitely just talking about their own product and not encouraging the viewer to draw any conclusions about it in relation to the competition.

Oh, and Steve Jobs definitely didn't say that the 10" screen size is the minimum size required to create great tablet apps. :)

Have you watched the ad? Of course they were saying the ip5 was the best screen size for one handed use, that was what the advert was for. Do you think they were saying that it is impossible to use a phone with a bigger screen?

I don't know what Steve jobs said, but they never built a 10" iPad.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you watched the ad? Of course they were saying the ip5 was the best screen size for one handed use, that was what the advert was for. Do you think they were saying that it is impossible to use a phone with a bigger screen?

I have no idea what your point is now. You agree the ad is saying what we say. Now they are contradicting themselves. Well done.
    Forum Member
    Bib, are we gong round in circles, apple did not release an advert saying the s3 was too big, are you just making that bit up now:confused:

Deflect attention to what? Your made up claims:confused:

So you think using an ad that doesn't exist to try and make a point about a phone that is only a rumour is mocking! Ho said comedy is dead:)

The ad was clearly a slight aimed at the s3. It is disingenuous of you to pretend otherwise.

But your loyalty is impressive.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have no idea what your point is now. You agree the ad is saying what we say. Now they are contradicting themselves. Well done.

You need to re-read the thread.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    flagpole wrote: »
    The ad was clearly a slight aimed at the s3. It is disingenuous of you to pretend otherwise.

But your loyalty is impressive.

Not that impressive, I don't have an iphone:confused:

I think you are trying to read far more into the ad than exists, but your determination to be anti-apple is impressive.
  • paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

think we'll need to wait for Apple to claim how the screen size of the new one is just right as well. We've had years of claims (esp by the fans) on how 3.5" was the perfect screen size too ;)
    Forum Member
    Not that impressive, I don't have an iphone:confused:

I think you are trying to read far more into the ad than exists, but your determination to be anti-apple is impressive.

What was the add actually saying exactly... interesting insight
  • psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    slick1two wrote: »
    http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/4-8-inch-iphone-math-to-arrive-alongside-iphone-5s-1126347

Sounds somewhat bizarre, but will apparently launch with the 5S and will sport a 4.8 inch screen. In addition there will be a third handset released in 2013. All just rumours at this stage though. Strange name.

I'm very sceptical about this rumour. However due to my rapidly deteriorating eyesight, and the fact that my N7 remains almost permanently tethered to my iPhone these days, I wouldn't mind an option for a larger screen for purely selfish reasons. Otherwise I may have to consider a phablet in future.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah, DS... I love how a thread about a dodgy rumour from a notoriously unreliable source has turned into a three page argument about what one of Apple's ads did / did not imply :D
  • slick1twoslick1two Posts: 2,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    Ah, DS... I love how a thread about a dodgy rumour from a notoriously unreliable source has turned into a three page argument about what one of Apple's ads did / did not imply :D

I can't believe this ad thing stretched out to 3 pages! lol it's all right lads just see this as fight club for techies. let it all out and then shake hands afterwards here.
  • Steve_runnerSteve_runner Posts: 528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a shame really. The same people rehashing the same Android/Apple arguments have ruined the ability to have a sensible discussion on here.

I would ban the lot of them.
    Forum Member
    Matt D wrote: »
    slick1two wrote: »
    I can't believe this ad thing stretched out to 3 pages! lol it's all right lads just see this as fight club for techies. let it all out and then shake hands afterwards here.
    It's a shame really. The same people rehashing the same Android/Apple arguments have ruined the ability to have a sensible discussion on here.

I would ban the lot of them.

The system is not perfect. But when someone says something you disagree with you tell them why, that is the nature of a forum...

...my suspicion is that some people say things that they don't believe just to get a reaction and that could do with tackling, but it's very difficult to address.

prior to these 3 self congratulatory posts above though the thread had at least remained on topic it was about Apple's rumoured plans to release a 4.8" iPhone....

....it now appears to be about slagging off other forum members.
  • tdensontdenson Posts: 5,773
    Forum Member
    Desperate... really? circa $150bil in the bank, highest selling iPhone ever and it's looking like the won the sell off for Q4...... lets ignore the stupidly biased and factually incorrect news statement regarding iPhone screen production "due to poor sales" <shake my head>

Only thing maybe was the 2 iPad launches but The iPad 4 was to align with the Mini and iPhone 5 to the new lightning connector.... i see nothing that would even hint at desperate.

Agreed. If Apple are desperate I'd like to see the adjective to describe Dell, HP, Nokia RIM et al.