withheld numbers

dose anyone know how to make withheld numbers show there number i have caller id and want to no who is phoning me?

thanks in advance:D

Comments

• gone southgone south Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    Can't be done - don't answer if you don't want the surprise of who is calling.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 146
    Forum Member
    not really an answer to the OP but how do you stop these cold calls coming? Is there a special number to phone first? i must get 4 or 5 a day.
    Cheers
  • TV DUNIYATV DUNIYA Posts: 6,772
    Forum Member
    soulandy wrote: »
    not really an answer to the OP but how do you stop these cold calls coming? Is there a special number to phone first? i must get 4 or 5 a day.
    Cheers

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 146
    Forum Member
    TV DUNIYA wrote: »

nice one
    Cheers
  • davidc1davidc1 Posts: 544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    soulandy wrote: »
    nice one
    Cheers

The ones that slip through originate outside of the UK and are not stopped by TPS I still get 3 or 4 a day
  • TV DUNIYATV DUNIYA Posts: 6,772
    Forum Member
    davidc1 wrote: »
    The ones that slip through originate outside of the UK and are not stopped by TPS I still get 3 or 4 a day

Unfortunately,TPS,is limited to UK originated calls.
    If you have caller display,they will show as International.
    Unless you get regular International calls from family and friends.
    Just learn to ignore them or let the answering machine pick them up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    You can call VM to ask them to block witheld numbers.

When the caller withholds their number they get a recorded message telling them that the number does not accept anonymous calls, and you are none the wiser.
    If for instance my mother calls me, whose number is automatically withheld for some reason, she has to dial 1470 before the rest of my number to get through.
  • marlingmarling Posts: 3,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We set this up recently as we were fed up of call centres. However, what we did not realise is that it also blocks a lot of business numbers such as the Post Office, local authority etc., whom also use number witheld. My OH lost a lot of work because of this. Needless to say, we have cancelled number witheld. Will certainly look into TPS though.
  • TheFirstCutTheFirstCut Posts: 7,306
    Forum Member
    International can also show up even if the person isn't calling from outside the UK as many cheap call carriers route the call out of the UK and back in again as it is cheaper, if you have many friends and family who use cheap call providers (like we do - almost all) such as Call 18185 then ignoring International numbers could mean you are ignoring those too.
  • Formula1MadFormula1Mad Posts: 2,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    International can also show up even if the person isn't calling from outside the UK as many cheap call carriers route the call out of the UK and back in again as it is cheaper, if you have many friends and family who use cheap call providers (like we do - almost all) such as Call 18185 then ignoring International numbers could mean you are ignoring those too.

Yep my dad's got VM phone with anon caller rejection and my brother (who lives abroad) sometimes rings him and can't get through.