Options

Scandal S5 (US Pace)

Comments

• Options
    topgooner100topgooner100 Posts: 2,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think I Love Huck again Just for that! Anyway When Fitz went to 'Take His Girlfriend on a Date' I'm never going to be over this scene!!! S5 is Just the BEST! :cool::)
  • Options
    TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    Anyway When Fitz went to 'Take His Girlfriend on a Date' I'm never going to be over this scene!!! S5 is Just the BEST! :cool::)

it was great, in fact this is probably the best scandal episode in a while, give or take the Jake stuff (tho I like him) but always nice to see Charlie
  • Options
    postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A manacled spisode. Daughter in handcuffs to start the show, Papa Poe tethered to end it.....it's decending into farce now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All was Great the First 5 Episodes Then Boom Shondazilla Strikes We're Never getting rid of BCrap13 as For Liv Now feeling sorry for Rowan oh Please! Huck will so let him go

Fitz went all weird at the end Hope he's not turned into some control freak tho!
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    That was a boring episode, only the filibuster bit was good IMO.

Way too much Papa Pope and Olitz. Still at least they are broken up.

Didn't really help it was a Christmas episode in November.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was ok. I was expecting a big cliffhanger midseason finale. But all we were left with was Olivia and Fitz breaking up. It hasn't left me wanting more until next year. Grey's Anatomy was the same. Thankfully Murder delivered.
  • Options
    NihongaNihonga Posts: 10,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was a boring episode, only the filibuster bit was good IMO.

Way too much Papa Pope and Olitz. Still at least they are broken up.

Didn't really help it was a Christmas episode in November.

I agree esp. with the BIB. It was quite tingling to watch Mellie battle all out there on her own. Bellamy Young delivers once again!

And yep, I have to agree with you too, LM: After a wobbly start, Murder really delivered last night.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This show is one Big Mess Hopefully this is now the Final Season There's No coming back from this for Olitz Good luck with trying to keep it running without their story Shonda has DESTROYED them & the show!

Oh I do love Susan tho She's hilarious but watch Shonda reveal her to be Lazarus 1 :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    This show is one Big Mess Hopefully this is now the Final Season There's No coming back from this for Olitz Good luck with trying to keep it running without their story Shonda has DESTROYED them & the show!

I really hope this is the last time they split up and don't get back together again.
  • Options
    arkark Posts: 3,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What was the viait to the doctor about?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She had an abortion.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Papa Pope, again. rolleyes
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really am sick of Papa Pope. The show is failling to move on. I really thought this season would be like a rebirth. Only thing they managed to move on from was Olivia/Fitz no longer being a dirty secret. and now it looks like Jake is turning into Papa Pope 2.0
  • Options
    ppaupyppaupy Posts: 2,729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am confused its not on my planner atm and when I do a search it shows only episode 9...which I saw weeks ago..has it moved channel?

Opps just seen this is us pace...lol..silly me..
  • Options
    TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    I really am sick of Papa Pope. The show is failling to move on. I really thought this season would be like a rebirth. Only thing they managed to move on from was Olivia/Fitz no longer being a dirty secret. and now it looks like Jake is turning into Papa Pope 2.0

I guessed about 5 minutes before hand it was going to be Jake and the way Papa Pope refers to him as son, eeww - please lets get over this crap and do some actual gladiating.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sign I'm beginning to not to care for this show anymore: I'm actually reading the thread before I watch the episode. Maybe I find the comments more entertaining; I dunno. So Jake as Papa Doc/Pope 2.0 - looks like I haven't missed much, lol!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haven't Watched the ep and really thinking of not bothering Its become such a Joke Nothing Makes sense! Hope it gets cancelled Used to Love it now just can't be asked!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joe Morton has been confirmed to be joining the show as a regular now, so it seems Papa Pope will be around more than ever now. Oh lord.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At least that was a nice B613/Papa Pope free episode which focused on the characters than on that boring plot. Shame it won't last:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nihonga wrote: »
    At least that was a nice B613/Papa Pope free episode which focused on the characters than on that boring plot. Shame it won't last:p

Reminded me a bit of the last season of the West Wing, with everyone trying to make someone else President.

Didn't really like the sexual stuff with Olivia and her 'Brother'.

Everything just feel disjointed at the moment.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Season 5 is very much all over the place. The only storyline I like is Mellie's president bid

Marcus is a pointless character. What was the relevance in bringing him back as a regular?
    I am not keen on Elizabeth (i wasn't keen on her last season) and her affair with David is a really lame story.
    Huck and Quinn seem stuck in a rut
    Cyrus seems all over the place but the end of this episode may take him down an interesting route
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Reminded me a bit of the last season of the West Wing, with everyone trying to make someone else President.

Didn't really like the sexual stuff with Olivia and her 'Brother'.

Everything just feel disjointed at the moment.

It does feel a bit like that. And good exapmle of the West Wing. It was bit like watching ****-end drama.

As for Olivia and her 'brother' (haha, I like that), don;t get me started on that. Last week's sex stuff was just beyond sleazy; now it is just cheap that does much damage to their characters. Actually, truth be told, I don't particularly care for Olivia these days, and I fear she is only going to get worse. Her father touched a nerve about her loving power when she was finally with Fitz and she was blasting off orders like she was POTUS. I find myself eye-rolling when she goes off on her feminist rants given what she's done and continues to do.

@LM@ Mellie was terrific once again. And you are not wrong with the rest of your comments. After what they did to Huck last season, I'm not surprised that the character feels stuck. My guess is that Marcus will play an important part in getting those characters out of their B613 slump (but there isn't much to Marcus. Harrison was a lot more animated and energetic). Elizabeth and David = please move on. I don't care for Elizabeth. At all. I much prefer David and Susan who, along with Melli, just makes the episodes they appear in more watchable and less dull.
  • Options
    fayebeatlefayebeatle Posts: 1,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nihonga wrote: »
    It does feel a bit like that. And good exapmle of the West Wing. It was bit like watching ****-end drama.

As for Olivia and her 'brother' (haha, I like that), don;t get me started on that. Last week's sex stuff was just beyond sleazy; now it is just cheap that does much damage to their characters. Actually, truth be told, I don't particularly care for Olivia these days, and I fear she is only going to get worse. Her father touched a nerve about her loving power when she was finally with Fitz and she was blasting off orders like she was POTUS. I find myself eye-rolling when she goes off on her feminist rants given what she's done and continues to do.

@LM@ Mellie was terrific once again. And you are not wrong with the rest of your comments. After what they did to Huck last season, I'm not surprised that the character feels stuck. My guess is that Marcus will play an important part in getting those characters out of their B613 slump (but there isn't much to Marcus. Harrison was a lot more animated and energetic). Elizabeth and David = please move on. I don't care for Elizabeth. At all. I much prefer David and Susan who, along with Melli, just makes the episodes they appear in more watchable and less dull.

Completely agree David and Susan are so much better. Adore Melli too. I'd like Pope and associates to get on with real stuff. Fed up with B613/Fitz and Olivia! Papa Pope is just a one trick pony. His incarceration was too short!

It's on season 5 hiatus in the UK I want it back ASAP ! Hopefully not long to wait ?
    *edit* just found out it's back March 6th on Sky Living in the UK ! Hurrah !
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Especially when one of them was a young idealistic Hispanic (who even looked a bit like Santos)...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I officially hate Olivia Pope. Her preachifying speecfiying totally does my head in now. Most of what she says now has lost its power and has become ineffective for me as a viewer. And as for this show: keep digging that 6ft hole number. And when you've got to 6ft, Shonda, keep digging some more because there ain't no hole deep enough, long enough or wide enough to contain the stink coming out from every part of your show's orifice.

This Thurs episode directed by Scott Foley has made EVERY character thoroughly dislikeable and despicable. Olivia drives an innocent man to his death and she doesn't bat an eye. She just goes on with her ambitions talking pride here and reputation there (because that's being a strong woman, ho!ho!ho! - that's me laughing hysterically BTW, not me calling her a ****, although I might as well because I thoroughly loathe the character now), the irony being that for an awful lot of audience she no longer merits that moniker - the idea of her being a strong woman was lost a heck of a long time ago. (Oh, and I wish the writers & Olivia will stop using the kidnap as an excuse for her rottenness: driving a man to hang himself has nothing to do with the PTSD ensuring from the kidnap. It was plain wicked greedy ambition that drove her). The writers get their characters to keep talking about "white" hats when that phrase lost its meaning a long time ago, it has merely become so annoying to hear it uttered by these morons every so often.

Viewers have called for Papa Pope to die. Well, this viewer doesn't give a damn whether he does die or not. All that rant, like his daugther's, has become so ineffective, I'm pass caring what it is his spitting about. I really wish all the heat generated by his spitting rants would cause him to combust and get off my screen. If he lives or when he dies (if he dies), I wouldn't give a hootin' tootin' cr@p. Fitz in this episode learns from his mistakes and is endeavouring to do the right thing. Well, good for him. Sadly, this all feels too little too late in the day. I just don't care. And my lack of care is made worst for all the ridiculous stomach-churning nonsense that is going on round him with Abby, Cyrus, Mellie, Liz, David and now Susan Ross. Abby as Fitz's Chief of Staff!??? Hahaha!! She couldn't even cut as press secretary with her manic flustering at times. The only way that plotline will work is if Fitz becomes the kind of President she can handle. So the writers get Fitz to change and Abby's implausible promotion doesn't appear to look so ridiculous. Except it is, because the plausibility does not come from the strength of her character to earn it honestly and plausibly; it comes from changes to Fitz's character. She never gets the promotion on merit as a character and a woman, but because the male character makes it possible by havibg the writers make Fitz go on a redemption road trip and give him a character-facelift. Conclusion: So much for strong women - they still need their men to do their work for them. So you have Marcus tell Mellie what for, you have Fitz tell Olivia what for, you have Huck tell Quinn what for, you have Fitz tell Susan what for. And all of sudden the freaky women have a change to their troll hearts. Way to go, Shonda.

Honestly, this is the moment I start using terms I thoroughly hate to use and is often seen on social media. This is show is a one big epic fail. Omnishambles, Omnicr@p, omnistupid. And to think this was the one show I would be so looking forward to watching months back. Now it is all groans, efforts to be bothered. It's getting so close to the point where I'm so f-king meh about it. The point where even if the writers give them a storyline or arc that seeks to redeem them, I'll be a point of not giving a damn. Have any of the characters save a kitten, serve in a soup kitchen, give to charity, throw themselves on a bomb, get shot to save a life, even die... I won't give a sh*t.

Either Scott Foley is a godawful director, the writers are cr@p or the show continues on a complete and total downward trajectory nothing can save it, but this episode seriously narked and turned me off like no other.