Longmire : 9.00pm : Tuesdays : 5 USA

Comments

• Early BirdEarly Bird Posts: 2,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    according to another thread... season 4 will be shown on UK TV on TCM...... later on this year....

I did notice that TCM heavily edited content in the last season (3)... whereas 5USA showed the unedited content..... I wonder why it was (so heavily) edited by TCM????
  • Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cannot believe so few have commented on this show.

It's a really enjoyable slice of cowboy crime drama (with a bit of surreal mysticism thrown in for good measure) and is very well acted by all the main players - Robert Taylor in particular.

Series three was excellent.

And I am in love with 'Bouncy' (as I call Vic) Katie is a real stunner.
  • LazySusanLazySusan Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    We enjoy this show as well. Eager to know when new series starts and what will happen to Branch. ( don't they have strange names sometimes?)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    someone on the Cancelled/renewal thread said that TCM would be showing season 4 later on this year..... I believe Netflix UK is not allowed to show the new season here, due to contractual obligations with TCM UK and Ch5... who have the rights to show the series.

either way... it is a great show and should be shown on Ch5, instead of BB, reality TV crap...
  • Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Early Bird wrote: »
    someone on the Cancelled/renewal thread said that TCM would be showing season 4 later on this year..... I believe Netflix UK is not allowed to show the new season here, due to contractual obligations with TCM UK and Ch5... who have the rights to show the series.

either way... it is a great show and should be shown on Ch5, instead of BB, reality TV crap...

I totally agree. :)

Just look at the way CH5 pissed about with Person of Interest - stopping the series halfway through on a cliffhanger and then even missing out a bloody important episode (17) which I only found out about on here - and it turned out to be one of the most action packed of the series (and that is really saying something).
  • DJW13DJW13 Posts: 4,277
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope it does so well on Netflix that it works its way onto a FTA channel (well, I can dream can't I?) :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DJW13 wrote: »
    I hope it does so well on Netflix that it works its way onto a FTA channel (well, I can dream can't I?) :)
    I believe 5USA (CH5) has to the rights to show it FTA... that is why NetflixUK is not streaming the new season... (if I have read correctly)

and TCMHD has the rights to show it on Satellite...... :confused:

I'm pretty sure 5USA announcer said on the season 3 finale (May/June 2015) that it would be back next year...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I believe Series 4 is being shown on TCMHD this coming weekend (according to the RT)..... although it is being shown at 8pm... so I'll assume it will be heavily edited..... I hate when TCM do that.... why can they not just leave it as it should be shown...... series 3 was massively edited and I watched the full version on 5USA a few months later....

Hopefully 5USA will show it soon.....

edit
    >>>>>> okay had a look on the TCM website and Longmire isn't listed.... so I assume Radio Times has made an error...
  • Callum CollumCallum Collum Posts: 4,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, RT lists it at 8 on 1/11.

Geektown says it is starting at 7.30 on 15/11....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, RT lists it at 8 on 1/11.

Geektown says it is starting at 7.30 on 15/11....
    the TCM website doesn't have it on it..(but then it only goes up to a fortnight) . but I hope it (TCM) shows the full episode rather than the edited version we got of series 3.....
  • Derek_CooperDerek_Cooper Posts: 93
    Forum Member
    the TCM website doesn't have it on it..(but then it only goes up to a fortnight) . but I hope it (TCM) shows the full episode rather than the edited version we got of series 3.....

If TCM are going to show edited version then I will find somewhere online to watch this
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TCM are starting to show the adverts for Longmire......

I hope they do not edited it to fit the time schedule...... I want to see a FULL episode...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    by the looks of it TCM have given it an hour and half in their scheduling (Sunday 15th Nov - 19.30 - 21.00)..... so fingers crossed for a non-edited version of series 4 Longmire....
  • DJW13DJW13 Posts: 4,277
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    by the looks of it TCM have given it an hour and half in their scheduling (Sunday 15th Nov - 19.30 - 21.00)..... so fingers crossed for a non-edited version of series 4 Longmire....

Sounds like they are starting with a double episode then?

I am waiting (probably in vain) for a FTA channel to pick it up. Or for the DVD to come out.
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member

The Netflix episodes are longer than the others. (longest is 1h8m)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah Netflix has a full run time of 60 mins, compared to the A&E standard of 42mins...

hence why TCM have given it an hour and half slot..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I am waiting (probably in vain) for a FTA channel to pick it up. Or for the DVD to come out.
    I believe that 5USA do have the FTA rights to it and they did say they'd show series 4 in the new year...
    but I'm not entirely sure when Netflix UK are showing series 4 (they show series 1 -3).... unless they're releasing it around the same time as the TCM ????
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This was the only Longmire thread I could find and I can't seem to start a new one so just to say that season 4 finally seems to be starting on TCM at 7.30 tonight (90 minutes in length).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This was the only Longmire thread I could find and I can't seem to start a new one so just to say that season 4 finally seems to be starting on TCM at 7.30 tonight (90 minutes in length).
    hope they show it in its entirety... unlike least series 3 - when they heavily edited it....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    by the looks of it tonights episode will be heavily edited...... unless they do not do any advert breaks on TCM...... 7.45 - 8.45pm is the scheduled slot, instead of the 7.30 to 21.00 slot last week...
    hate it when TCM pulls this crap...... show the programme in it's entirety, or do not show it at all...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, tonight's episode started at 7:30 after all. >:( I wasn't sure what was happening but I've just started watching it on +1. I assume it's going to last 90 minutes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    my sky + didn't record the first part of the programme, because it was scheduled for 7.45pm..... ridiculous...

from the second half I saw... it was definitely edited...... the screen went blank for a couple of seconds and then carried on...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    5USA (new advert shown tonight) - have in their new line -up (Crime season)
    Longmire new season 4 coming soon....... so it'll be showing on UK TV FTA very soon.......

I assume they'll show season 4, after they've done a repeat of season 2 (showing at the moment) and then season 3.....