Options

The Good Wife - Season 7 - More4 Pace *No Spoilers**

Comments

• Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jeffrey Dean Morgan is a class act but he seems to be just another version of Gary Cole in this. Still, it's a kick to see The Comedian from Watchmen in civvies (Magic City is also a great show).
  • Options
    OndineOndine Posts: 3,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amy Irving looks so different. I didn't recognise her for ages.

Blonde hair does not suit her at all.
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ondine wrote: »
    Blonde hair does not suit her at all.

She's so skinny now and those specs and hair colour really age her.
  • Options
    bel110bel110 Posts: 14,087
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really enjoying this series so far, major improvement on the last few. Jason is a good new addition but really hope they don't go,down the road of him falling in love with Alicia, although actually he'd be very good for her. I like Graces new role too and seeing more of Peter is always good. Lockhart etc feels a bit tired and Cary needs a good storyline but so far it's been much better than I was expecting.
  • Options
    NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Confirmed final season.
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    Confirmed final season.

That's a shame. This is one of my favourite shows and this season has been very good so far.
  • Options
    fayebeatlefayebeatle Posts: 1,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm on the slow path and watch in the UK, months after the US broadcast ( why it takes so long ? ). Just found out this is the final series. :( . I've watched since episode 1. Completely gutted yet I understand. I felt it lost a great counterpoint to Alicia in Josh Charles' character. How many men have they tried since?? Archie Punjabi was a loss too. Must confess I've never liked Alicia. Who knew?
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Loving Eli's new office, farce like scenes...:D - not so sure about him helping Judge Don, but the sniff at Alicia's work place, was very funny.

Grace is in her element.
    Howard saved, when he met Jackie.... whatever.
    Diana, warpath.:o

Lucca Hot in Red.;-)

Final Season:( - on a high.:cool:
  • Options
    Eagle9aEagle9a Posts: 20,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just cant believe that hour went so quickly! Great show, very entertaining on all levels. Can they keep this up for 22 episodes? Hope so :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    Can't believe The Good Wife is coming to an end. Final season has been great. At least it'll be ending on a high. The new characters have taken little time to get used to. Lucca and Jason have been fine additions. It definitely could have carried on with the same writing team. Have thought Alicia looks broken. Definitely careless in season 7, but there seems to be a turning point midway. Sets it up nicely for the finale.
  • Options
    NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Read the thread title ^
  • Options
    penelopesimpsonpenelopesimpson Posts: 14,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Absolutely loved last night's episode. LOL stuff and some ensemble work. How did they get it so wrong in the last series with all that terrible election stuff. It really went off the boil.

Is this the last series?
  • Options
    xander63xander63 Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Absolutely loved last night's episode. LOL stuff and some ensemble work. How did they get it so wrong in the last series with all that terrible election stuff. It really went off the boil.

Is this the last series?

Yes, season 7 will be the series finale!

http://deadline.com/2016/02/the-good-wife-to-end-7-seasons-1201698134/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Is this the last series?

Alicia's election, Kalinder's leaving and Cary in prison were really downbeat storylines that did nothing for the show ... This series seems much lighter with fresh new cases, good new characters and a really good mix of law firm politics and election politics. I'm really enjoying it again, prob for the first time since Will left :(
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bel110 wrote: »
    Alicia's election, Kalinder's leaving and Cary in prison were really downbeat storylines that did nothing for the show ... This series seems much lighter with fresh new cases, good new characters and a really good mix of law firm politics and election politics. I'm really enjoying it again, prob for the first time since Will left :(

I miss Kalinda, still, she's now in Shetland, but so far, her short skirts and boots apparently didn't arrive in the UK with the rest of her luggage.
  • Options
    daisyduck1976daisyduck1976 Posts: 1,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loving all the Bond Court stuff and Alicia running her "firm" from her apartment with her daughter as PA.

Glad they seem to be giving this a good send-off. It's been one of my favourite US series.
  • Options
    SXTonySXTony Posts: 2,928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't they do the Diane-hears-something-about-Alicia-gets-the-wrong-end-of-the-stick-and-flies-off-the-handle-just-when-things-seem-to be-getting-better thing last season?

That said, I've quite enjoyed the series so far. As said, far better than the election and Cary jail plot from last year. And I really didn't like all that nonsense about the tapping of the calls.
  • Options
    ricinusricinus Posts: 278
    Forum Member
    SXTony wrote: »
    Didn't they do the Diane-hears-something-about-Alicia-gets-the-wrong-end-of-the-stick-and-flies-off-the-handle-just-when-things-seem-to be-getting-better thing last season?

Just what I thought.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    SXTony wrote: »

That said, I've quite enjoyed the series so far. As said, far better than the election and Cary jail plot from last year. And I really didn't like all that nonsense about the tapping of the calls.
    Every season - they do it so well.
  • Options
    sherisgirlsherisgirl Posts: 2,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love this programme, glad to see it back, sad to read its the last series,
    Just caught up this weekend, and came to the conclusion, the new friend from bond court, did she get shot in Vera the other week.
    Also seems Archie only has 1 way of delivering lines, slow seems to have to think on every word, doing it the same in Shetland, I find it annoying.
    So Eli tipped the judge off, crafty old sod, up to his usual tricks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So the Mum did it....:o

Great case for Alicia, shame it was a lost cause - Diane had a good case, shame MJF had to be there too....but very funny, it crossed over to Eli - "It's Eli"
  • Options
    Eagle9aEagle9a Posts: 20,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was the show that I caught part of whilst in Australia :)

Certainly whet my appetite for the full season in the UK which to date, has not disappointed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Eli & Daughter - new show.:cool:

Good case this week, which looked at first, as if it was going to be sorted in the first 5 mins - as it was....it turned into the first big one for 'Alicia, Lucca & Jason' - with Eli as consultant....'Strike', which Ruth, really enjoyed, not.:D

As for Cary vs Howard............who cares.
  • Options
    Callum CollumCallum Collum Posts: 4,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I tend to agree about Cary vs Howard. It's all rather tiresome and unconvincing for me. Hope they wrap it up soon. Not the best episode in my view.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a shame that Cary has been reduced to this, surely they could have found a more compelling plot line for Lockhart, Argos etc than this rubbishy storyline. Can't believe it's dragged on for 3 weeks already.

Have to say I am developing a little crush on Jason :blush: ... He's certainly filled Kalindas boots quite nicely. Will be very jealous when Alicia embarks on the obligatory affair with him :(