Options

Worst ever single of all time

Comments

• Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anything by the Beatles , I hate the fact bowie is gone yet Paul is still making music :-(

Anything?? Now I'm not a great Beatles fan and I think some of their so called classics are absolutely terrible but others are sublime.
    Surely everyone has a few Beatles songs that they like? I think even the biggest detractor would admit they have made some beautifully written pop songs
  • Options
    barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't waste your energy. Taintedmeat is clearly a WUM.
  • Options
    TaintedmeatTaintedmeat Posts: 1,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barbeler wrote: »
    Don't waste your energy. Taintedmeat is clearly a WUM.

Excuse me but how dare you call me names please take that back

I do not like anything by Beatles I don't like their music and the music reminds me of bad stages of my personal life
    Even listening to them makes me want to throw up
  • Options
    mushymanrobmushymanrob Posts: 17,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Excuse me but how dare you call me names please take that back

I do not like anything by Beatles I don't like their music and the music reminds me of bad stages of my personal life
    Even listening to them makes me want to throw up

your bad stages lasted 9 years?....

why just the beatles then? if your bad stages lasted that long then surely other music from the 60's would have a similar bad effect on you?

edit, hold on, is your username a hint at something really sinister?
  • Options
    radioanorakradioanorak Posts: 4,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stop The Cavalry by Jona Lewie
  • Options
    Rich_AllenRich_Allen Posts: 738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate most of those crap "Euro dance" tracks from the early to mid 90s, they sound awful, and the dances are crap.

And also as mentioned before, most of those highly annoying "dance" tracks from the late 70s/early 80s, stuff like YMCA, Agadoo, In the Navy etc.
  • Options
    casperfan2002@ycasperfan2002@y Posts: 876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Floydy64 wrote: »
    Is this because you think the song isn't very good or I it because it's simply overplayed?

IMO, I do get sick of hearing 'BoRap', but I also recognise that it's a classic prog-pop record.

I think it is utter rubbish-nothing to do with it being over played. Completely pretentious and just horrible-i don't understand how it is so popular, but i guess life would be dull i we liked the same thing!
  • Options
    Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    I shot the sheriff.
  • Options
    highlander1969highlander1969 Posts: 6,832
    Forum Member
    There is a song being played Radio 2 a lot recently that's starting to grate. Think its Lukas Graham - 7 years. "When I was 7 years old......" blah, blah.

It climbed from No.6 to No.1 on Friday's chart. I'm not minding it at the moment but I think it's one of those songs that might start to grate on me pretty quickly. One hit wonder written all over it I think.
  • Options
    TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    Just had a thought... does anyone remember Soulja Boy? 'Crank That' was surely one of the most tuneless and disgusting 'songs' to ever grace the chart! He had a good go at beating it though with 'Kiss Me Through The Phone' and I think he did a track called 'Yaaaah' or something similar that flopped. He should have been locked up for crimes against music!

Black Eyed Peas 'My Humps' is terrible and has been mentioned already, but what about 'The Time (Dirty Bit)', a complete massacre of the Dirty Dancing tune?
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it is utter rubbish-nothing to do with it being over played. Completely pretentious and just horrible-i don't understand how it is so popular, but i guess life would be dull i we liked the same thing!

I agree with you. I dislike it so much that I struggle to understand how anyone can like it.

But, as you say, different strokes and all that
  • Options
    djfunnymandjfunnyman Posts: 12,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tejas wrote: »
    Just had a thought... does anyone remember Soulja Boy? 'Crank That' was surely one of the most tuneless and disgusting 'songs' to ever grace the chart! He had a good go at beating it though with 'Kiss Me Through The Phone' and I think he did a track called 'Yaaaah' or something similar that flopped. He should have been locked up for crimes against music!

Black Eyed Peas 'My Humps' is terrible and has been mentioned already, but what about 'The Time (Dirty Bit)', a complete massacre of the Dirty Dancing tune?

Oh God I blocked both those songs out

I love Queen but Bicycle Race is horrific
  • Options
    MK184MK184 Posts: 1,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Problem - Ariana Grande ft Iggy Azalea
    Price Tag - Jessie J
    I Don't Care - Cheryl Cole
    Payphone - Maroon 5
    Sweet Dreams My LA Ex - Rachel Stevens
    Bag It Up/Lift Me Up - Geri Halliwell
    Fight Song - Rachel Platten
    Good for You - Selena Gomez
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tejas wrote: »
    Just had a thought... does anyone remember Soulja Boy?[...]I think he did a track called 'Yaaaah' or something similar that flopped.

I remember that atrocious track! "YAAAAH! B*TCH! YAAAAH!".
  • Options
    colin_ansoncolin_anson Posts: 538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the corrs, the nolans and bonnie tyler, with a voice to rasp eardrums :(

more then one single, i know but theres too much wrong stuff out there
  • Options
    ritchie2ykritchie2yk Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    MK184 wrote: »
    Problem - Ariana Grande ft Iggy Azalea
    Price Tag - Jessie J
    I Don't Care - Cheryl Cole
    Payphone - Maroon 5
    Sweet Dreams My LA Ex - Rachel Stevens
    Bag It Up/Lift Me Up - Geri Halliwell
    Fight Song - Rachel Platten
    Good for You - Selena Gomez

3 of them I absolutely love and would put in my favorite list, I love how no 2 ppl have the exact same taste in music

I was out last night and loveshack came on and I realised how much I detest it one of the worst songs ever
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I've got some more

Moves Like Jagger - Maroon 5 ft Christina Aguilera
    Bonkers - Dizzee Rascal
    7/11 - Beyonce
    Freakum Dress - Beyonce
    Hey Ya - Outkast
    Run The World (Girls) - Beyonce
    It's Chico Time - Chico
    That Fast Food Rockers song
    Anything by Ed Sheeran
  • Options
    LaVieEnRoseLaVieEnRose Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is a special corner of hell reserved for

Lucky Stars by Dean Friedman
  • Options
    TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    I've got some more

Moves Like Jagger - Maroon 5 ft Christina Aguilera
    Bonkers - Dizzee Rascal
    7/11 - Beyonce
    Freakum Dress - Beyonce
    Hey Ya - Outkast
    Run The World (Girls) - Beyonce
    It's Chico Time - Chico
    That Fast Food Rockers song
    Anything by Ed Sheeran

Good call on Dizzee Rascal - I don't mind Bonkers too much although it has been massively overplayed, but he's released some absolute garbage over the years!
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oh yes. French and Saunders played it on one of their radio shows. Dawn had obviously chosen it and Jennifer was less than complimentary.

'Will you shut up now?
    Yes, I'll shut up now.'

Makes me smile thinking about it. Probably sounds awful written down like this.
  • Options
    Lily_MLily_M Posts: 1,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

JamieHT wrote: »
    Oh yes. French and Saunders played it on one of their radio shows. Dawn had obviously chosen it and Jennifer was less than complimentary.

'Will you shut up now?
    Yes, I'll shut up now.'

Makes me smile thinking about it. Probably sounds awful written down like this.

I'm a bit of a fan of Dean Friedman but I agree with you!
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lily_M wrote: »
    I'm a bit of a fan of Dean Friedman but I agree with you!

Apparently he sang at Dawn's wedding (to Lenny I think).
  • Options
    daziechaindaziechain Posts: 12,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh gosh! Fancy seeing The Beatles and Queen etc listed here ... and 'Hey Ya'!!!! :o Horses for courses I guess.

I hate songs like Sinitta's 'So Macho' and Sonia's ... well everything really. Most of the stuff churned out by Stock, Aiken and Waterman.
    Also hate Laurie Anderson's 'O Superman' ... it seriously disturbs me!
    There's a song which is the answer song to 'Billie Jean' which I also hate ... can't think what it's called. Thankfully I haven't had to hear it much. Must be terrible if you hate The Beatles ... hard to avoid!

Talking of Queen though ... there is one I hate ... Radio Ga Ga!! When Freddie sings Radio Goo Goo ... I want to throw the radio out of the window :D
  • Options
    TaintedmeatTaintedmeat Posts: 1,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I take back all the Beatles and narrow it down to just Lucy in the sky

A way this wins for me - Lauren harries I am Woman
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uO-fXARNCrs
  • Options
    scrillascrilla Posts: 2,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daziechain wrote: »
    Oh gosh! Fancy seeing The Beatles and Queen etc listed here ... and 'Hey Ya'!!!! :o Horses for courses I guess.

I hate songs like Sinitta's 'So Macho' and Sonia's ... well everything really. Most of the stuff churned out by Stock, Aiken and Waterman.
    Also hate Laurie Anderson's 'O Superman' ... it seriously disturbs me!
    There's a song which is the answer song to 'Billie Jean' which I also hate ... can't think what it's called. Thankfully I haven't had to hear it much. Must be terrible if you hate The Beatles ... hard to avoid!

Talking of Queen though ... there is one I hate ... Radio Ga Ga!! When Freddie sings Radio Goo Goo ... I want to throw the radio out of the window :D
    I don't mind "O Superman" or "Hey Ya" but loathe most of Queen's output with a vengeance. I tend to prefer Beatles songs covered by others as I've always found them fairly unlistenable. I have the answer record to Billie Jean but will neglect to mention it as I like that too. Have a Thriller response record also - Yvonne Gage's "Doin' It In A Haunted House".