Not been Paid from work

caz06caz06 Posts: 849
Forum Member
✭✭
Hi,

I started my new job at the beginning of the Month, and this Tuesday was payday, when I started I was told to bring my bank details in so I gave them to the admin lady, the manager has been on holiday for 2 weeks and returned on Monday and she rang me to ask if I could bring in my bank details before my shift that afternoon which I found confusing as I'd already done it a 2 weeks before, so it turns out the admin did nothing with the details I gave her, thus not being paid on payday, my manager said she'd ring up payroll herself and get it sorted, so I left it to her, only yesterday when I was at work she said she hadn't done it yet but she would that afternoon. but this morning I thought I'd ring myself just In case she hadn't as its all been a big shambles so far, only once I got through to payroll at head office I was told they'd not heard anything from anyone at my place of work, no bank details, no details of my start dates ect so they can't pay me for the 3 weeks work I've done until they hear from my manager and so far she's done nothing after pleading with her so many times, I'm worried because I have rent and bills to pay , and its being treated like its not a big issue but it is, so I was just wanting to ask where do I stand or what should I do? >:(

Comments

• i4nic8i4nic8 Posts: 255
    Forum Member
    Ask them for a cheque?
  • caz06caz06 Posts: 849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i4nic8 wrote: »
    Ask them for a cheque?

they said they can't pay me because they basically have no records to say when I started , how many hours I've done ect, because the details that I gave havn't been sent to them which they should've done and all I can do is tell the manager to get in touch with them to confirm my start date/hours worked which is what I've done everyday and she hasn't
  • cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    caz06 wrote: »
    they said they can't pay me because they basically have no records to say when I started , how many hours I've done ect, because the details that I gave havn't been sent to them which they should've done and all I can do is tell the manager to get in touch with them to confirm my start date/hours worked which is what I've done everyday and she hasn't

Is she in the same building as you? Go and speak to her, Say you will sit in her office while she does it as you are under pressure from people who you owe bills/rent too and you need to let them know what is happening.

If she says she will sort it then tell her you will check with her in an hour, Then another hour and do not let it go
  • mickmarsmickmars Posts: 7,438
    Forum Member
    Stand up for yourself without being rude,work isn't a mystical spiritual calling,its a way to pay the bills - they are taking the piss.
  • uniqueunique Posts: 12,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    caz06 wrote: »

speak to your line manager. the employer has a contractual requirement to pay you on time. they can make a same day payment into your bank account and it doesn't cost much to do it but whatever the cost it's their problem. don't settle for a cheque you need to clear. speak to the boss if your manager isn't about
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    mickmars wrote: »
    Stand up for yourself without being rude,work isn't a mystical spiritual calling,its a way to pay the bills - they are taking the piss.

My thoughts exactly. If the issue hasn't been dealt with take it higher within the company. If it's still not dealt with after that, then seek some free legal advice from your local Citizens Advice Bureau.

Even if the issue has been dealt with by now, you still may be owed something and they still exploited you as an employee. I think that the least they owe you is acknowledgement followed by a genuine apology.
  • gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They should give you a sub, even if they cant process the payroll. Not a lot you can do though, i suppose.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From experience, whilst your sorting it out make sure the have your correct tax code or you could end up paying emergency tax and have to reclaim it which can take a while.