These recap programmes show how useless Dannii was

scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Every single judge (bar maybe Kelly Rowland but she was only there for one series) has had some sort of memorable or iconic moment. What exactly did Dannii add to the show? Absolutely nothing

Comments

• earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scratchy23 wrote: »
    Every single judge (bar maybe Kelly Rowland but she was only there for one series) has had some sort of memorable or iconic moment. What exactly did Dannii add to the show? Absolutely nothing

EXCUSE ME. Kelly Rowland didn't know you'a doing uptempo ow!
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member

LOL yeah she was terrible, that's why people like you are STILL pressed and making threads on her four years after she left.

She was my favourite judge by a mile, I wasn't a fan of her when she first started in 2007 (I remember thinking why is Kylie's sister judging talent?) but she totally turned it round for me, and a lot of the public too. She was consistent, she shined with her mentoring and constructive comments. I've never seen a judge turn it round like she did. She was the most popular judge by a mile in the biggest ever series of X Factor (need reminding? http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/dannii-minogue-voted-x-factors-264420). The fact that she still supports her contestants years later speaks volumes of her character.

And talk about iconic moments? The Danyl Johnson incident and winning the most watched final ever alone was far more memorable than anything Tulisa, Kelly or Nicole (who I love) did. Not to mention the whole style wars, Simon Cowell 'affair', Sharon feud, Kylie joining her at judges houses amongst many other things being more interesting than 70% of the other judges time on the show. That's the truth.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What utter bullshit
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    d56 wrote: »
    LOL yeah she was terrible, that's why people like you are STILL pressed and making threads on her four years after she left.

She was my favourite judge by a mile, I wasn't a fan of her when she first started in 2007 (I remember thinking why is Kylie's sister judging talent?) but she totally turned it round for me, and a lot of the public too. She was consistent, she shined with her mentoring and constructive comments. I've never seen a judge turn it round like she did. She was the most popular judge by a mile in the biggest ever series of X Factor (need reminding? http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/dannii-minogue-voted-x-factors-264420). The fact that she still supports her contestants years later speaks volumes of her character.

And talk about iconic moments? The Danyl Johnson incident and winning the most watched final ever alone was far more memorable than anything Tulisa, Kelly or Nicole (who I love) did. Not to mention the whole style wars, Simon Cowell 'affair', Sharon feud, Kylie joining her at judges houses amongst many other things being more interesting than 70% of the other judges time on the show. That's the truth.

Oh and I forgot to add being the FIRST female judge to win (with the final two being her acts)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d56 wrote: »

A magazine poll isn't exactly the most ringing endorsement of someone's popularity.
  • adamw92adamw92 Posts: 1,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dannii >>>>> every other judge that has been on the show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also, haven't we established that mentoring isn't as intensive and demanding as it seems? Because if it were, DS should be kissing Cheryl's bum because she's the only mentor to lead the Girls (post-Boy/Girl split) to a top two finish (including one win) and won with a Boys category that proved to be not-so-popular at the start. :P
  • MurraymarMurraymar Posts: 4,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved danni. It's not the same without her
  • Luner13Luner13 Posts: 2,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to admit I have never understood the digital spy fascination with Dannii Minogue's X Factor judging skills.

She was mediocre at best ok she was better than Gary Barlow and she wasn't nasty for the sake of it but she was just so vanilla.
  • mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    adamw92 wrote: »
    Dannii >>>>> every other judge that has been on the show.

This. Couldnt agree more
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Simon would never allow clips of Dannii to overshadow the "We must love Cheryl, Nations Sweetheat TM" subliminal messages we constantly receive

The same is happening with Mel B, it was hardly worth her turning up as we just had to have "Isn't Cheryl amazing clips"
  • scott789sscott789s Posts: 1,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was a class act, compared to the likes of Biffa and Mrs O.
  • scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Luner13 wrote: »
    I have to admit I have never understood the digital spy fascination with Dannii Minogue's X Factor judging skills.

She was mediocre at best ok she was better than Gary Barlow and she wasn't nasty for the sake of it but she was just so vanilla.

I agree entirely, she was inoffensive but so uninteresting. Like I said in my original post, she just never really did anything of any interest. She played it safe constantly with what she said and as a result was so boring. Yes she gave "good criticism" but I want more than that from an X Factor judge.
  • zelda fanzelda fan Posts: 6,330
    Forum Member
    I loved Danni personally and liked that she wasn't creating fake drama all the time.
  • copterpylonscopterpylons Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    scott789s wrote: »
    She was a class act, compared to the likes of Biffa and Mrs O.

That would be the "class act" who got her t*ts out for Playboy and slept with Simon Cowell? :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    She won two series and was voted the most popular judge in 2010. Enough?
  • GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dannii is the best judge X Factor has ever had, she has had 3 acts win out of 5 series (including XF Aus), she has won with the overs. She was the only one in 2010 that gave good constructive criticism and focused on the talent- Louis was doing it for a laugh with the joke acts, Cheryl was doing it for publicity and Simon was doing it for the money. Oh and she didn't wear stripper clothes like Cheryl.

She may not have had as many memorable moments as say Sharon but thats because she's doing it for the talent and not the publicity. I'm glad she's not coming back to the UK version as it's now the Cheryl show as everything focused on Cheryl, I honestly felt sorry for Mel B and I can't stand the woman. Dannii has having the fun on the Aus XF, where there are talented judges and decent talent.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GracieL wrote: »
    Dannii is the best judge X Factor has ever had, she has had 3 acts win out of 5 series (including XF Aus), she has won with the overs. She was the only one in 2010 that gave good constructive criticism and focused on the talent- Louis was doing it for a laugh with the joke acts, Cheryl was doing it for publicity and Simon was doing it for the money. Oh and she didn't wear stripper clothes like Cheryl.

She may not have had as many memorable moments as say Sharon but thats because she's doing it for the talent and not the publicity. I'm glad she's not coming back to the UK version as it's now the Cheryl show as everything focused on Cheryl, I honestly felt sorry for Mel B and I can't stand the woman. Dannii has having the fun on the Aus XF, where there are talented judges and decent talent.

No iconic moments? lol
    How about Danylgate, 'is this a singing competition', owning Simon, harassed by Sharon.
    There have been plenty including her & Matt which was for me the most iconic moment ever.
  • -Batman--Batman- Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member

Pleasure Simon in more ways than one :D
  • Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That would be the "class act" who got her t*ts out for Playboy and slept with Simon Cowell? :D

Exactly.
  • wise-upwise-up Posts: 2,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She was in her 20s and was in a lot of debt when she did playboy. She was late thirties when she did xf. Is it not possible she changed into a classier person in 10+ years? Also dating a colleague doesn't mean she is not classy. Lots of people do that. Lauren Bacall dated her colleague and she is considered a classy Hollywood star.
  • Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wise-up wrote: »
    She was in her 20s and was in a lot of debt when she did playboy. She was late thirties when she did xf. Is it not possible she changed into a classier person in 10+ years? Also dating a colleague doesn't mean she is not classy. Lots of people do that. Lauren Bacall dated her colleague and she is considered a classy Hollywood star.

Lauren Bacall went on to marry Bogart and have a family, it was just 'a few bonks' between Simon & Dannii (his words), there was no relationship. Ridiculous comparison.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wise-up wrote: »

Well said. A woman having a sexual relationship with a man doesnt make her a ****.
    Dannii and Simon had great chemistry together imo.

Dannii is a mature woman today. I love that she takes her mentoring seriously and that no matter what she sticks by them.
  • wise-upwise-up Posts: 2,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lauren Bacall went on to marry Bogart and have a family, it was just 'a few bonks' between Simon & Dannii (his words), there was no relationship. Ridiculous comparison.

It is possible she could have thought it would turn into a relationship and even if she didn't why does her having a casual relationship mean she is not classy? Class isn't necessarily measured by how many men you've been with or the status of the relationship. It is about how you carry yourself and treat others and in general she was very respectful and caring towards people on the show.

In response to the Op part of the reason Dannii was so popular was that she didn't try to make herself the talking point of the show and wanted the acts to get the attention.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Luner13 wrote: »

Absolutely agree with this. But DS is never representative of the majority of people, so it's no surprise.