Police attack severely autistic young man in serious incident

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Sweaty Job RotSweaty Job Rot Posts: 2,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Disgusting.

On the whole the vast majority of serving officers are honest and good at their jobs, it's the small minority of bad apples that bring the service into disrepute, Police Scotland currently has an officer restricted to non public duties because he was associating with and tipping of drug dealers in East Lothian, PC Alan Halliday is his name and he was re arrested for consorting again with dealers. He is not the only bad apple in the Edinburgh area, a former officer was sacked after killing a man on New Years morning with his car after he left Gayfield station apparently high on something, he got off scot free a me this happened a few years ago, for every bad apple there are a thousand good officers.
  • Options
    Gavin_DGavin_D Posts: 2,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both officers have been sacked after they were found guilty of gross misconduct today

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-35987385
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    shocking that it has taken so long.

if we`re to accept heavier penalties for crimes against police officers than civilian`s they also should be accepting harsher treatment when they act like dicks.
  • Options
    trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gavin_D wrote: »
    Both officers have been sacked after they were found guilty of gross misconduct today

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-35987385

I'm so pleased for Faruk and his family. Justice is done.
  • Options
    Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seems a reasonable decision for what they did.

I'm all for getting rid of those that make life hard for the many good ones.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good to hear, hopefully more Police forces will learn how to deal with people with autism better than they do now.

I'm just glad they are not as bad as the US Police who shot an autistic person dead.
  • Options
    Skyler_WrightSkyler_Wright Posts: 1,652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shocking that it has taken so long.

if we`re to accept heavier penalties for crimes against police officers than civilian`s they also should be accepting harsher treatment when they act like dicks.

Police brutality is a seriously wrong. Few lawyers will work to correct it with the law as it is now, prosecuting a copper is hard, and only happens to a rare number of cases, many law firms just won’t take a police misconduct case.

Police get to hide behind a doctrine called “qualified immunity.” What that basically means is that if there’s any viable argument at all that what the cop did was legal, the cop can’t be held responsible.

The people who enforce the law shouldn’t be above it.
  • Options
    Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Police brutality is a seriously wrong. Few lawyers will work to correct it with the law as it is now, prosecuting a copper is hard, and only happens to a rare number of cases, many law firms just won’t take a police misconduct case.

Police get to hide behind a doctrine called “qualified immunity.”
    What that basically means is that if there’s any viable argument at all that what the cop did was legal, the cop can’t be held responsible.

The people who enforce the law shouldn’t be above it.

30 years of doing the job, and I'd never heard of that, or saw it. If they do something that is legal, then it is. if it isn't, then plenty have been prosecuted.

The CPS are the ones who prosecute the police, same as every one else, so I dont get the point about law firms either.

There are far more civil claims now than there were 20 years ago, and it can mean a decent payout in plenty of cases, because it is often cheaper than fighting a case.
  • Options
    duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good to hear, hopefully more Police forces will learn how to deal with people with autism better than they do now.

I'm just glad they are not as bad as the US Police who shot an autistic person dead.

Did they know he was autistic ? Was he commiting a crime ?