Options

Are you glad you want for Xbox One?

linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,703
Forum Member
✭✭✭
If you picked it over the PS4 are you glad and did you make the right choice and why did you choose XB1? Only thing I miss with the PS4 is the battery free controller with the charger cable.

Comments

• Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm still deciding which one too get, at the moment i'm happy with my xbox360 and ps3 but no doubt by the end of 2015 i will of made my choice and buy either a xboxone or ps4.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gother wrote: »
    I'm still deciding which one too get, at the moment i'm happy with my xbox360 and ps3 but no doubt by the end of 2015 i will of made my choice and buy either a xboxone or ps4.

I reckon the prices will drop early next year for the new consoles anyway.
  • Options
    JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got the Xbox One first last year and I didn't regret my decision, a couple of days ago I bought a PS4 so now I've got both and the best of both worlds.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    I've always had playstations and bought the ps4 on day one. However, the lure of Titanfall was too much and bought an XBox One and no regrets infact now it's my main console and using it for all online gaming with ps4 being used for single player games and exclusives. It solves my storage issues too, 500gb was never gonna be enough.

There's pros and cons for both consoles, much prefer the xbox controller but not a fan of the chat adapter requirement. Plus was sick of issues with PSN being down.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you picked it over the PS4 are you glad and did you make the right choice and why did you choose XB1? Only thing I miss with the PS4 is the battery free controller with the charger cable.

I have both but bought Xbox One first and it's my main console. Don't regret it at all.

FYI the PS4 controller battery life is awful.
  • Options
    dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Went for the Xbox One last month and have no regrets whatsoever, the choice was made on the exclusives that are out or coming in the near future...with the PS4 there was only one game that I was interested in (Uncharted) so the Xbox really was a no brainer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woodbine wrote: »
    I got the Xbox One first last year and I didn't regret my decision, a couple of days ago I bought a PS4 so now I've got both and the best of both worlds.

Cool is there exclusives for PS4 you like? For me the only one would have been Drive club so was not worth it for one game.
  • Options
    BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    Got both, if I had to ditch one it would be the PS4 at this point. I keep buying games for it just to try and force myself to actually use it, but all things being equal, I tend to end up on the xb1.
  • Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    I prefer my Xbox One over my PS3. The internet is better and so are the games.
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I reckon the prices will drop early next year for the new consoles anyway.

I'm thinking the same tbh.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cool is there exclusives for PS4 you like? For me the only one would have been Drive club so was not worth it for one game.
    Only Infamous Second Son at the moment . But with The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, Grim Fandango, No Men's SKY (timed exclusive) Uncharted 4, Until Dawn and The Order: 1886 coming out next year I thought I would get it now and be prepared.
  • Options
    Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad I went for the Xbox One, seems to be the better console on many levels, loses out on performance but I don't think that means anything to me. I have my awesome PC for those moments when I want a change and some proper console beating eye candy :p

My PS4 has become somewhat redundant, don't know if it will come back into favour, Uncharted 4 will be a big draw though :)

I'm settled with the X1.
  • Options
    jokerzjokerz Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad I went for the Xbox One, seems to be the better console on many levels, loses out on performance but I don't think that means anything to me. I have my awesome PC for those moments when I want a change and some proper console beating eye candy :p

My PS4 has become somewhat redundant, don't know if it will come back into favour, Uncharted 4 will be a big draw though :)

I'm settled with the X1.

In a way I'm sad to say I agree with this.

I just seem to be enjoying the X1 more than I ever did the PS4 :(
  • Options
    magic martinmagic martin Posts: 594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I went for the Xbox One over the PS4 pre-launch mainly based on the promised dedicated servers, my perception MS servers would be better and being the choice of a couple of online mates even though being slightly less powerful.

However i found my mates stopped playing the COD games that I like most mainly due to the poor online playability when playing in parties or some giving up on the franchise after Ghosts. So they moved on to Destiny which isn't my kind of game and the mate who like me got Advanced Warfare wasn't impressed by the bad lag and also buggy software when trying to play in a party. Further I found playing ghosts and Advanced warfare (in classic mode) online on my own to be disappointing mainly due to the lag which I perceived to be due to the lack of promised dedicated servers and low numbers of people playing these games. Saying that I like the EA deal where can play various games for only £20.

So on the Black Friday weekend I got a PS4 and find the online experience to be better than the Xbox One - this seems to be because more people have bought this console so a much higher chance of playing people closer to me. Graphically the PS4 is noticeably better too when stop and look around or at the start of the game tho the difference isn't noticable when in gun fights. I also prefer that the PS4 download patches/updates seem much smaller than those on the Xbox plus of course it's got the only decent baseball game. However i feel the PS4 isn't built as well as the Xbox One - for example the charger lead and free earphone quality.

Overall I'm preferring the PS4 at the moment but I'm keeping my Xbox One.
  • Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've got so much going on with the PS4 right now, that my Xbox One gathers more dust than a Dyson.

I'm gonna have a crack at Halo 5 this afternoon, and I'm sure some killer exclusives will make it worthwhile in the end.
  • Options
    2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Certaiinly am happy with the decision. Usually I would own the other consoles too but this generation I truly only have the need for one machine so it comes down to which is better suited for me.

For the past year and into the future most of gaming outside of retro is being spent on 360 and X1, 360 is great as similar to the PS2 there's so many hidden and obscure gems, such a monsterous library that covers all genres and right now is a great time to pick them up. I find both consoles compliment each other so well but if I were to add another console into the mix then it would be too much imho.

Sure I'll miss out on some Nintendo exclusives (surprisingly that's not been difficult this year as none of them really took my fancy outside of Bayonetta 2) and upcoming Sony exclusives but that's life, you can't always have everything.
  • Options
    MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have both. Liked Ryse.
  • Options
    StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    I went for the Xbox One over the PS4 pre-launch mainly based on the promised dedicated servers, my perception MS servers would be better and being the choice of a couple of online mates even though being slightly less powerful.

However i found my mates stopped playing the COD games that I like most mainly due to the poor online playability when playing in parties or some giving up on the franchise after Ghosts. So they moved on to Destiny which isn't my kind of game and the mate who like me got Advanced Warfare wasn't impressed by the bad lag and also buggy software when trying to play in a party. Further I found playing ghosts and Advanced warfare (in classic mode) online on my own to be disappointing mainly due to the lag which I perceived to be due to the lack of promised dedicated servers and low numbers of people playing these games. Saying that I like the EA deal where can play various games for only £20.

So on the Black Friday weekend I got a PS4 and find the online experience to be better than the Xbox One - this seems to be because more people have bought this console so a much higher chance of playing people closer to me. Graphically the PS4 is noticeably better too when stop and look around or at the start of the game tho the difference isn't noticable when in gun fights. I also prefer that the PS4 download patches/updates seem much smaller than those on the Xbox plus of course it's got the only decent baseball game. However i feel the PS4 isn't built as well as the Xbox One - for example the charger lead and free earphone quality.

Overall I'm preferring the PS4 at the moment but I'm keeping my Xbox One.

Ive been playing Advanced Warfare since release and had absolutely zero lag on my xbone.

I had the PS4 to start with but i disliked it. Just felt stale to use like the PS3 did. Hated the design, the controller was bog awful so sold it and got an xbone and love it.
  • Options
    SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know when I'll play my ps4 next! :blush: ... I'm spending most of my time on the X1, just like the 360 last gen! :blush: ... I really should just stick with 1 console per gen lol! :blush:
  • Options
    martytartymartytarty Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    I'm glad to own both, I personally prefer my ps4 over xbone but both are decent consoles and get a fair amount of use, ps4 gets more use as I own more games for it currently.
  • Options
    KirkfnwKirkfnw Posts: 1,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PS4 all around for me guys, I found the graphics on XBone only slightly better than Xbox 360 and PS4 just kills it with true 1080p. Far Cry 4 looks good until you get close to the screen when you really do see it is only 900p. Still low quality textures, jaggies etc.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you asked me a week again, I'd have said yes I'm happy I got an Xbox 1 but as things stand I think I'm one more error or glitch away from seriously considering a return

Random quits to the dashboard during games meaning I have to do entire levels again, games just refusing to load when I start them up, the dashboard freezing meaning I have to hard reset the console, Apps just not working as they are supposed or, error codes that request you input them on xbox.com only to be told that error code doesn't even exist (well it ****ing does it's on my TV screen)

It's beyond unacceptable when I've had more errors in a month on Xbox 1 then I have in a year on PS4
  • Options
    stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,396
    Forum Member
    The debate over resolution is a bit silly, Unless your specifically looking for differences then under normal playing your not really going to notice some slightly worse looking grass or whatever.

Frame rate can have a bit of a bigger impact if you have played a game at the higher fps rate (As I found with the PS3/Vita port of Resogun recently, Feels slow compared to the 60fps PS4 version i'm used to) but again for the most part when your just playing a game I doubt most are going to notice if its 60 or 30 fps.

End of the day if a game is good & plays well then it shouldn't matter if it looks slightly better on another system.
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bought it on a whim and now regret it a little as I totally forgot about the new Uncharted game coming out next year so wish I had a ps4 for that:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kirkfnw wrote: »
    PS4 all around for me guys, I found the graphics on XBone only slightly better than Xbox 360 and PS4 just kills it with true 1080p. Far Cry 4 looks good until you get close to the screen when you really do see it is only 900p. Still low quality textures, jaggies etc.
    If you look at the screen that close your eyesight will go... lol.

I've had my PS4 for a couple of weeks now and graphically there's not a lot in it. It could be because I'm too used to the XB1 but I prefer the Xbox One UI to the PS4 and it's missing some features the xbox one have. But overall I am liking both consoles.