Options

So sausages and bacon and butter are actually good for you.....

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 888
Forum Member
✭✭
So I have heard that 40 years of telling us that fats are bad for us it seems that pure butter is far better than low fat margarine and that the Atkins diet is actually quite healthy....who would have thought hey.

Comments

• Options
    flower 2flower 2 Posts: 13,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not all on one plate and every day of the week.
  • Options
    TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Like most things in life, moderation is key. If you have too much of anything, it is bad for you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Like most things in life, moderation is key. If you have too much of anything, it is bad for you.

So Masturbation does make you go blind.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    will_bun wrote: »

Not in moderation, to much and you go boss eyed!.
  • Options
    DrFlowDemandDrFlowDemand Posts: 2,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You tell us, can you still see? ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You tell us, can you still see? ;)

Yes but my ipad looks like it is vibrating.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes but my ipad looks like it is vibrating.

Get off the washing machine during it's final spin is my advice.
  • Options
    marc_p88marc_p88 Posts: 1,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meat isn't very good for your digestive system, especially red meat, but it holds some vital nutrients. I would love to go vegan, but I just find the idea of a diet without meat very depressing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marc_p88 wrote: »
    Meat isn't very good for your digestive system, especially red meat, but it holds some vital nutrients. I would love to go vegan, but I just find the idea of a diet without meat very depressing.

See I don't understand that . We evolved to eat meat. Even some monkeys will eat meat. Ok sometimes it's their own kind but still. Also what did we used to eat that we don't need our appendix for? Or am I wrong that it is part of our digestive system?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marc_p88 wrote: »

Do you mean vegan or vegetarian? I couldn't be vegetarian but I can get how people can but vegan baffles me. No meat, no dairy only nuts pulses fruit and veg. Could not do it. Can't eat hardly anything coz it will have egg in it.
  • Options
    MisoSoupMisoSoup Posts: 14,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you mean vegan or vegetarian? I couldn't be vegetarian but I can get how people can but vegan baffles me. No meat, no dairy only nuts pulses fruit and veg. Could not do it. Can't eat hardly anything coz it will have egg in it.

And you'd have to change your name to nuttymonster :p
  • Options
    Molly BloomMolly Bloom Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It really is so simple. Which is why I do my best to block out the ramblings of the intrusive and bossy health nutters, who all need to shut up and go away. Those who need to listen the most won't, and those of us who actually have a brain don't need them trying to control our lives.
  • Options
    KnifeEdgeKnifeEdge Posts: 3,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have lost nearly 8 stone on a high protein, high fat, low carb diet. The depression that I had suffered for years has also gone.
    Even my dietitian said that some people are genetically suited to this way of eating.
    I have so much energy and have never been so happy in my life. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sausages aren't pure meat. Who said sausages are good for you?
  • Options
    AaronWxAaronWx Posts: 2,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its not useful to say a single food item is good/bad for you, it's all about the overall diet. Fats, sugars and carbohydrates which most seem to consider bad are essential for the body. As somebody said above me, these things need to be consumed in the right amounts.
  • Options
    towerstowers Posts: 12,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    See I don't understand that . We evolved to eat meat. Even some monkeys will eat meat. Ok sometimes it's their own kind but still. Also what did we used to eat that we don't need our appendix for? Or am I wrong that it is part of our digestive system?

Since humans are omnivores - not true carnivores, like lions - we're meant to eat meat in moderation and too much ( especially red meat ) does lead to health problems further down the line.

Everything in moderation is key, with sugar probably being at the bottom on the ladder.
  • Options
    tellywatcher73tellywatcher73 Posts: 4,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't eat a lot of red meat but if I haven't had any for a while then I do find the display in the butchers very appealing. As someone else said, everything in moderation although I'm not a big fan of link sausages. Give me a roll and square any day :)
  • Options
    ~Twinkle~~Twinkle~ Posts: 8,166
    Forum Member
    I like butter, I don't like greasy evil-tasting margariney substitutes and I refuse to eat them.

I like bacon sandwiches, one of life's great pleasures is a bacon sandwich.

I like sausages, especially Cumberland sausage. Nice. :D
  • Options
    bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So I have heard that 40 years of telling us that fats are bad for us it seems that pure butter is far better than low fat margarine and that the Atkins diet is actually quite healthy....who would have thought hey.

No sausages and bacon are not good for you and the Atkins diet is very unhealthy.

About the only thing you've posted that is correct is that low fat margarine is not good for you.

You need to look at actual research rather than "I've heard that".
  • Options
    Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member

It made my husband blind for a bit.

Then again, he was doing it on a bus full of schoolgirls and one of them poked him in the eye with a sharpened pencil.
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member

Sugar is the killer, not fat, according to the TV programme 'The Men Who Made Us Fat'.
  • Options
    RickyBarbyRickyBarby Posts: 5,902
    Forum Member
    People should just eat what they like even if it's so junk food and don't listen to other people.

And it is the bodies to do with what they like and it does not belong to any other person.
  • Options
    RickyBarbyRickyBarby Posts: 5,902
    Forum Member
    jra wrote: »
    Sugar is the killer, not fat, according to the TV programme 'The Men Who Made Us Fat'.

The health nazi would like to try and get sugar and fatty things and any other food they think is unhealthy banned.

Just because they don't like unhealthy food they think no 1 should have it:mad:
  • Options
    bronsonbronson Posts: 1,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does it Grow,swim,fly or run....those are healthy foods.

Avoid sugar and too much carbs.

The body/brain needs fat.
  • Options
    ~Twinkle~~Twinkle~ Posts: 8,166
    Forum Member
    bronson wrote: »
    Does it Grow,swim,fly or run....those are healthy foods.

Avoid sugar and too much carbs.

The body/brain needs fat.

What about food that does none of those things, like oysters, limpets, slugs, snails and cockles, just to name a few. They grow like everything else grows but they can't swim, fly or run.

Okay, I'm being pedantic and I admit it, but these things should never pass the lips of any human being because they're just gross! IMHO, of course. :)

ps .. Where has the green man gone? Bring him back!!