Martin a - A Typographer's Perpective.

JonDoeJonDoe Posts: 31,598
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Has anyone else noticed the unusually large letter spacing between the 'n' and the 'a' of Martina, when they give out the phone numbers?

If someone at ITV is reading this, slap your graphics people upside the head and tell them to sort it out. They can't have a lot to do, the least they could do is put a bit of care into their kerning.

If you haven't noticed it, have a look tonight and you'll see what I mean. It's been annoying me daily.

Rant over. :o

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haven't noticed it myself, but it is the kind of think which would annoy me as well lol!
  • JonDoeJonDoe Posts: 31,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad to here it Doofer.

Don't forget to look tonight. Then at least I won't be suffering alone. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You will be looking at the gap between the Man and Utd if you look tonight though.
  • FringoFringo Posts: 7,995
    Forum Member
    JonDoe wrote: »
    Has anyone else noticed the unusually large letter spacing between the 'n' and the 'a' of Martina, when they give out the phone numbers?

If someone at ITV is reading this, slap your graphics people upside the head and tell them to sort it out. They can't have a lot to do, the least they could do is put a bit of care into their kerning.

If you haven't noticed it, have a look tonight and you'll see what I mean. It's been annoying me daily.

Rant over. :o

Wish I could look tonight but it's the bloomin' football again....
  • JonDoeJonDoe Posts: 31,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll remind you all again tomorrow. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whoever thought there would be a thread in a reality tv forum about KERNING?!?! Brilliant! :D

It annoys me too :o
  • HollyCHollyC Posts: 5,850
    Forum Member
    Whoever thought there would be a thread in a reality tv forum about KERNING?!?! Brilliant! :D

It annoys me too :o

I've never even heard of kerning :eek::o
  • M. TouretteM. Tourette Posts: 6,967
    Forum Member
    HollyC wrote: »
    I've never even heard of kerning :eek::o

Its ike Gurning but its when letters stretch themselves into weird contortions