Can't stand the melodramatic tears whenever it's 'letters from home

13»

Comments

• zelda fanzelda fan Posts: 6,330
    Forum Member
    I wish they would stop with the letters from home drama because it feels false and generally is a bit boring (i hope that is not harsh).
  • billiesmithbilliesmith Posts: 11,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not to be a cynic :D but I think the friends and family get help to write the letters. Most people don't write such soppy stuff after only 3 weeks away. Trying to imagine my sister telling me I was "her heart and soul" or whatever it was, it would be more like - "get off your lazy aris and entertain us". Same for my OH and children - they would make me laugh not cry ( that's if they didn't die of embarrassment first)!
  • eva_prioreva_prior Posts: 2,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zelda fan wrote: »
    I wish they would stop with the letters from home drama because it feels false and generally is a bit boring (i hope that is not harsh).[/QUOTE]

It's actually far too genteel. You will not be able to graduate with a first class (hons), unless you bash the show and HMs with high energy vigour and venom.

ie. must try much harder next time..
  • zelda fanzelda fan Posts: 6,330
    Forum Member
    eva_prior wrote: »

It's actually far to genteel. You will not be able to graduate with a first class (hons), unless you bash the show and HMs with high energy vigour and venom.

ie. must try much harder next time..

Lol next time i promise to get vicious.:D
  • DanShadwellDanShadwell Posts: 300
    Forum Member
    You miserable lot lol!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You miserable lot lol!

Thank you.

*Polishes 'miserable lot' trophy with pride.*

Copyright acknowledgement iirc to JesuLeChop.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ugh!

You're seeing them in a few days. They know exactly where you are and can see you. They are probably glad for the break from your unbridled ego and desperate attention-seeking.

The tears are fake. They know this is the part where they can amass huge sympathy. I've seen more convincing emoticons :cry::cry:

It's f*cking pathetic

They act as if they have been tortured in a prison for months
  • onfencewithrachonfencewithrach Posts: 6,479
    Forum Member
    I agree, sometimes it works for me and i find it to be a touching moment... but for the most part i find it so over the top ridiculous.

It's how i expect someone to react where their family member has been off fighting a war for years and they got a brief moment to talk to their family.
  • xNATILLYxxNATILLYx Posts: 6,509
    Forum Member
    if it 7 weeks in or so in normal BB its totally normal. That's a long time with weeks still to go. But like you said its 5 minutes from the end , it has been just a few weeks. And most of them have spent probably time away from their families in their career anyway. I think gary who held in any emotions reaction was very different - shows you don't have to cry.
    Those with kids such as edele the emotion however is understandable. But if i was in there or civilan BB i would be very emotional. The letters from home seems to be one rare time it is shown they miss there family. They aren't blubbing 24/7. People handle being away from family differently
  • ILoveMyDogILoveMyDog Posts: 26,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate boring letters from home! Was it last year BB tricked them and gave them lettuce from home?
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    And what's with the over-hyped ritual farce of some HMs won't receive theirs - then given two days later..zzzzz

I am hoping that White Dee is given hers when she leaves. :)

I was impressed that Ricci could read. :)

I actually think there should be no contact with the outside world at all.
  • GrandmotherGrandmother Posts: 2,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But they have the garden to escape from the walls.

For me, if I was that desperate to have gone through the selection processes and secured a place, I'd exercise total restraint with a focus on the end game in mind. I would count down the days, and remember that when I am out, I'll be free to max out to my heart's content!!

For CBB contestants, some have so much at stake in terms of relaunching their careers. Why would anyone compromise that for a drink or junk food, which will be available aplenty when the show ends?

I take your point about junk food, but CBB housemates who don't drink are at a disadvantage, it seems, in terms of what the audience expects from them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    I was pleased to see those who didn't get their letters take it so well. It always seems to be based on who has children and who doesn't.
    George, Dee, Lauren and Ricci surprised me with their gracious response to not being chosen. I especially felt sorry for Dee who has had a bad few days.
    Letters are important. Three weeks would seem like a year when you are having to perform 24/7 and these CBB housemates do see being on BB as a job.
  • Fruit_FlyFruit_Fly Posts: 1,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »
    I am hoping that White Dee is given hers when she leaves.
    They'll give her a P45, and she won't remember what you do with them or what they're for ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »
    I am hoping that White Dee is given hers when she leaves. :)

I was impressed that Ricci could read. :)

I actually think there should be no contact with the outside world at all.

Agree.

Agree.

Agree - they should all be packaged in high security containers like nuclear industry waste and buried likewise. Let future generations deal with them - we've all been contaminated and suffered enough.
  • 2la2la Posts: 4,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Letters from home is the most boring part of Big Brother. Thankfully not everyone gets theirs zzzzzzz.

And the tears are pathetic. Especially from people who dont have kids.
  • Flo71Flo71 Posts: 2,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just celebrated my silver wedding and we have spent very few nights apart yet if we were separated by choice or through work for just a few weeks I don't think I would be crying over a letter from him. Drama queens! It just shows how self absorbed they are.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,700
    Forum Member
    I also completely agree.

The other thing that always confuses me is the desperation for alcohol and junk food.

Surely, when you're at work (which is effectively what it is for HMs) you would exercise restraint even if you were craving something.

Thank God they're not on the front-line for months on end.

That's exactly what I was thinking. It's pathetic. They should get a grip. I admired Garry's reaction though. It was honest. No rocking about, tears flowing, choking with emotion, howling because they sooo needed validation from f&f that they were being 'true to themselves' in the house. You would think they weren't getting anything out of it. You'd think they'd volunteered for some horrible torture for three weeks ...oh my... three whole weeeeks:cry: without getting paid for it!

\I wish BB would have taken away the **** for a week though.. Oh that would have been sweet>.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2la wrote: »
    Letters from home is the most boring part of Big Brother. Thankfully not everyone gets theirs zzzzzzz.

And the tears are pathetic. Especially from people who dont have kids.

I agree. I would be emotional not seeing my daughter for several weeks but my partner and the rest of my family are all grown ups and we can handle a few weeks apart.
    I can easily go a couple of weeks without speaking to my mum, brother and sister and often a couple of months without actually seeing them but it's not a weepfest every time we pick up the phone