Tim - too touchy feely

13»

Comments

• dippydancingdippydancing Posts: 9,428
    Forum Member
    bornfree wrote: »
    Jake gives me the creeps. I must be missing something. I find he has no charisma and he seems to look straight through to people. He over touches his partner.

I know what you mean by "looking straight through people" but I see it as being refreshingly free of actor-y luvyiness. I know someone who is a make-up assistant on Eastenders and she says he is very popular on set and that there is something very attractive about him that she just can't define.
  • Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Gandhi was in the position to appear on SCD, how long till his faults were uncovered on DS? His underwear ain't right. Too nice. Fakir. Etc. :(
  • AedinAedin Posts: 173
    Forum Member
    I think there is a degree of agism in some of this criticism as well. Tim is an older man and I can't help suspecting if he were not, no one would comment on him having his hand on Natalie's waist or on her hip. Celebs and pros seem to be encouraged/expected to stand/with their arms round one another - especially when being judged or interviewed.

I have seen nothing inappropriate in his behaviour, which is clearly jokey and a lot less leery than some of the other, younger contestants (and judges). I suspect some of this pantomime leering is encouraged to "sex up" the programme but I really do wish they would all stop.
  • SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aedin wrote: »
    I think there is a degree of agism in some of this criticism as well. Tim is an older man and I can't help suspecting if he were not, no one would comment on him having his hand on Natalie's waist or on her hip. Celebs and pros seem to be encouraged/expected to stand/with their arms round one another - especially when being judged or interviewed.

I agree. People read into these things something that isn't there, just because of the age difference.
  • Susan_A1951Susan_A1951 Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sylvia wrote: »
    I agree. People read into these things something that isn't there, just because of the age difference.

Absolutely agree. Just love Tim and his "David Niven" type gentleman. Of course he won't go far in the competition but in the meantime - enjoying him for the few weeks he may have.
  • Fuchsia GroanFuchsia Groan Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pet Monkey wrote: »
    If Gandhi was in the position to appear on SCD, how long till his faults were uncovered on DS? His underwear ain't right. Too nice. Fakir. Etc. :(

And too many handmaidens by far.......;-):D
  • holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He reminds me of that guy from the Carry On films who used to say: 'Ding Dong!' every time a remotely attractive young female passed by.
  • CressidaCressida Posts: 3,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pet Monkey wrote: »

You are not wrong.

Besmirching someone’s good name is petty and ridiculous and I shudder for the OP but whatever’s going on inside the murky recesses of someone’s mind is their own personal problem.

They’re plainly unable to recognise Tim is a good soul, a gentleman of the highest calibre and one who has oodles, of what’s not seen frequently enough these days, charisma and old fashioned charm.
  • Collins1965Collins1965 Posts: 13,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He reminds me of that guy from the Carry On films who used to say: 'Ding Dong!' every time a remotely attractive young female passed by.

Leslie Phillips
  • Susan_A1951Susan_A1951 Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leslie Phillips

I would even say that quintessential English gentleman - David Niven. Just love Tim and adored the bit where he danced with his wife for the first time.
  • holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leslie Phillips

Yes - that's the one. Dresses like him, too :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
    Forum Member
    Tim reminds me of a cross between Leslie Phillips and Terry Thomas. It's all a persona. I've known a few people who've worked as runners and researcher on Bargain Hunt over the years and apparently he is super-nice.

Gandhi, on the other hand, had some horrific views and practices. I wouldn't even have inflicted him on Joanne Clifton.
  • jamtamarajamtamara Posts: 2,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tim is used to hugging the contestants to draw them all together for the camera on Bargain Hunt so probably feels comfortable standing like that - it's become a habit overtime. I'm sure that if he really was 'creepy' he would hide it rather than flaunt it. Perhaps he would be wiser to change his demeanour on Strictly but I don't believe for one minute that he is a nasty man - much the reverse.

It's the climate we live in that makes suspicion. It is true that Claudia didn't seem comfortable so as I say, tone it down perhaps? However, I think it is wrong to jump to conclusions esp as everyone here who has met him says he is the opposite of what has been suggested by the thread subject.
  • henrywilliams58henrywilliams58 Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tim reminds me of a cross between Leslie Phillips and Terry Thomas. It's all a persona. I've known a few people who've worked as runners and researcher on Bargain Hunt over the years and apparently he is super-nice.

Gandhi, on the other hand, had some horrific views and practices. I wouldn't even have inflicted him on Joanne Clifton.

What did he see? ;-)
  • linmiclinmic Posts: 13,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont mind either Tim or Jake but for some reason cant warm to Tom. He's a beautiful looking man but he leaves me cold.