Corrie : Tyrone....Feel sorry for him?.??

NoushNoush Posts: 4,794
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I know I'm going to be carpeted for this and I don't mean it the way it's going to sound but I don't seem to be able to feel the sympathy I should for Tyrone.
Of course it's terrible what's happening to the poor thing but every time I see him I just getting dragged back to when he was such a bas*ard to Tina and Tommy. His jaw lock and serious nastiness towards them, even though they were desperate to help and even came around when ruby was born and gave in for his sake many times. I know I know but I just don't feel that sorry for him and think oh well you made your choice, don't come running to me now but I doubt tommy and Tina etc will do that.
Am I alone? Won't be surprised f I am lol :)

Comments

• Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't feel sorry for him what so ever, I use to durung the Kevin and Molly stuff but this I just see him as weak and stupid and it's very annoying at the moment just kick her out or report her.
  • LollytrollLollytroll Posts: 369
    Forum Member
    I feel sorry for him. I think the love he has for ruby plays a large part in refusing to believe and covering for Kirsty. He does not want Kirsty to run off into the night with her and him never see her again. Not being on the birth certificate makes him desperate not to rock the boat.
    At one point I started to feel sympathy for kirsty as well, because of her dad but the way she is going for fizz soon put a stop to that
  • NoushNoush Posts: 4,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah but all this stuff about proving his paternity and not being to get access or custody of ruby if they split is absurd! Why wouldn't the authorities believe Kirsty was beating him?? He's got enough witnesses from his mates to her parents in a way!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    At the beginning of the story, I did have sympathy for him. But, not any more.

I don't like the way he has turned against three of his friends [Tina, Tommy and recently Fiz] and has actively worked to discredit them in public when they have tried to help him. I appreciate that abusive relationships are complex but I think that is unforgivable - to actively discredit and turn against people who are trying to help you.

If he really cares about the baby, he should be working to keep Kirsty away from the child - even if that means having the child taken into foster care whilst the legalities of paternity etc are sorted out.

Hopefully - after the incident in the episode last night - he is finally going to stop being so weak.
  • mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,691
    Forum Member
    Not at all. Really enjoying it. I wish Queen Kirsty would step up the punishment. All hail, Her Majesty.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alias and Mouse ....totally agree with you!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Feel sorry for Tirrone? Not anymore, no.
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did feel sorry for him but am now losing sympathy because he is being very wet about it all. Maybe after seeing Kirstie roughing up Fizz he will think differently.
  • desperate housedesperate house Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't feel one bit sorry for him. He is an idiot. Man up and grow a pair. Should you turn on the people that have always supported you just because you are afraid to admit what is happening, or that the devil woman may take your child away from you?

Having said that I love Kirsty and the more Tirrone the weasel lets her get away with it, the more she will do it and become more violent as time goes on.
    Forum Member
    Tyrone The Weasel. I so hope the name sticks.
  • silly sausagesilly sausage Posts: 1,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    having lived in a family where my mother was incredibly violent towards my dad, and my sister and myself, it's very unfair to pronounce Tyrone as being 'wet'. No-one would say that about a female in his situation, but it seems perfectly acceptable to say this of a man. Tyrone is at heart a gentle soul. And he has lost one child already so far from being wet, he's doing all he knows how to do, to keep Ruby in his life. Maybe he's not doing it the way we think he should, or manning up the way people feel he should, but when you're living in violence you develop your own ways of coping. He doesn't see it as pushing away his friends, he sees it as protecting his family unit. Kirsty instigates this by 'suggesting' to him that Tina, Tommy, Fizz, etc are all out to get her, that whenever they're around they upset her. He in turn rationalises that when Kirsty is 'upset' she takes it of him. Therefore to protect his family and to calm the situation before it gets out of hand, he decides it's best to shut out the people who actually only want to help.
    It's very hard for a man to admit to anyone that his wife hits him. No-one knew outside of our four walls. My dad was a lovely, dependable, loyal hard working man who like Tyrone hadn't had the greatest upbringing. So when he got married and children came along al he wanted to do was keep this family together, whatever it took. Even when my mother cut my dad's head with a bottle that she threw, and neighbour's asked what had happened, when I said my mother had thrown a bottle at him, the usual response was hilarity from the neighbours, because the idea of a small (but chunky) woman inflicting a wound on a tall, slim man was comic. And because my dad didn't go looking for pity or sympathy because that would have inflamed the situation even more severely, if my mother had found out, he made light of it or just didn't mention it at all. My sister and myself often encouraged him to seek help, but he was afraid of losing his 'family'.
    The saddest thing for me was after his death in 2009, I was looking through his phone book for people to contact and he had actually got as far as writing down a domestic abuse phone number. He just never found the moment to call them because he carried on protecting her.
    My dad wasn't wet, or cowardly, he certainly did not deserve the violence and the vitriol he endured, but I know of my two parents I feared one and loved the other, and that hasn't changed except that my mother is old now and I am her sole carer since my sister lives miles away, and now I just see a pathetic old woman with very few friends, who just never learned to keep her bad temper under control. A lesser man would have walloped her back.
  • Bonny1Bonny1 Posts: 8,502
    Forum Member
    I've lost sympathy for him.... he knows the aggression Kirsty carries, and yet he called Fiz a liar... HUH?! anyway, I'll be relieved when we have a conclusion.. one way or another...
  • desperate housedesperate house Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    having lived in a family where my mother was incredibly violent towards my dad, and my sister and myself, it's very unfair to pronounce Tyrone as being 'wet'. No-one would say that about a female in his situation, but it seems perfectly acceptable to say this of a man. Tyrone is at heart a gentle soul. And he has lost one child already so far from being wet, he's doing all he knows how to do, to keep Ruby in his life. Maybe he's not doing it the way we think he should, or manning up the way people feel he should, but when you're living in violence you develop your own ways of coping. He doesn't see it as pushing away his friends, he sees it as protecting his family unit. Kirsty instigates this by 'suggesting' to him that Tina, Tommy, Fizz, etc are all out to get her, that whenever they're around they upset her. He in turn rationalises that when Kirsty is 'upset' she takes it of him. Therefore to protect his family and to calm the situation before it gets out of hand, he decides it's best to shut out the people who actually only want to help.
    It's very hard for a man to admit to anyone that his wife hits him. No-one knew outside of our four walls. My dad was a lovely, dependable, loyal hard working man who like Tyrone hadn't had the greatest upbringing. So when he got married and children came along al he wanted to do was keep this family together, whatever it took. Even when my mother cut my dad's head with a bottle that she threw, and neighbour's asked what had happened, when I said my mother had thrown a bottle at him, the usual response was hilarity from the neighbours, because the idea of a small (but chunky) woman inflicting a wound on a tall, slim man was comic. And because my dad didn't go looking for pity or sympathy because that would have inflamed the situation even more severely, if my mother had found out, he made light of it or just didn't mention it at all. My sister and myself often encouraged him to seek help, but he was afraid of losing his 'family'.
    The saddest thing for me was after his death in 2009, I was looking through his phone book for people to contact and he had actually got as far as writing down a domestic abuse phone number. He just never found the moment to call them because he carried on protecting her.
    My dad wasn't wet, or cowardly, he certainly did not deserve the violence and the vitriol he endured, but I know of my two parents I feared one and loved the other, and that hasn't changed except that my mother is old now and I am her sole carer since my sister lives miles away, and now I just see a pathetic old woman with very few friends, who just never learned to keep her bad temper under control. A lesser man would have walloped her back.

This is a very sobering post, I do feel for you. I have known children with very bad parents who did terrible things to them, but 9 out of 10 of these children grew up to be very loving parents to their own spouses and wonderful parents to their children. I think Kirsty uses her father's abuse as an excuse. I enjoy the actresses performance but I have absolutely no sympathy for the character, or Tyrone's for that matter.
  • mrsdaisychainmrsdaisychain Posts: 3,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a bit in between, don't now if I do feel sorry for him in all honesty.
    He clearly loves her but still allows her to treat him like she does. He will end up without any friends if she gets her way.
    Never thought I would hear myself say this but I want his mam to come back and sort her out. Her feet wouldn't touch the ground. :D
    Women have problems with hormones and stuff but this is clearly a manipulative thing what she is doing, She wants to be in total control of his life without any outside influence.
    What Ty needs to do is to stand up to her and say he will hit her if she touches him again, that may prevent her doing the violence again,.
    What I don't understand in all of this, she says she is like this because of her dad yet when her mum fled to their house because of the latest row, Kirsty stood by her mum and appeared to hate her dad saying he was a manipulative bully who used his fists and she hated him yet she is doing the same thing, odd, very odd.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 42
    Forum Member
    it's very unfair to pronounce Tyrone as being 'wet'. No-one would say that about a female in his situation, but it seems perfectly acceptable to say this of a man.

I agree with silly sausage...if it was the other way round - would we feel sorry for the woman ? probably...

i feel sorry for him cos he's scared of her & he's scared of her taking the baby...he's too ashamed to tell people or the police that his g/f beats him...so he's trapped...

I can't remember the last time there was a domestic abuse story in any of the soaps - can anyone remind me ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Feel sorry for him?

There's being a doormat and then there's taking it to a whole new extreme, the fact that he keeps letting that little baby live under the same roof as that psycho explains it all!
  • BadRomanceBadRomance Posts: 8,690
    Forum Member
    I don't feel sorry for him and I actually enjoy seeing him getting a slap.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    hope123 wrote: »
    I agree with silly sausage...if it was the other way round - would we feel sorry for the woman ? probably...

i feel sorry for him cos he's scared of her & he's scared of her taking the baby...he's too ashamed to tell people or the police that his g/f beats him...so he's trapped...

I can't remember the last time there was a domestic abuse story in any of the soaps - can anyone remind me ?

You had Charlie's abuse of Shelly in Corrie.
    You also had Little Mo and Trevor in Eastenders.
    There was also some attempts to address domestic violence in a storyline with Denise Fox and Owen Turner in Eastenders.
    Liz McDonald was also part of a domestic abuse plot in Corrie.
    Plus Zainab and Yusef more recently in Eastenders.

This is the first attempt I can remember [in Eastenders and Corrie] to show a male victim of domestic abuse...

As I said in my post, I have sympathy for him. However, I draw the line when he publically disgraced his own friends who were only trying to help him out of the situation. He seems to be in a pattern of trusting people enough to tell them and then writing them out of his life when they try to help. Yes domestic abuse can be incredibly damaging mentally, but his apparent inability to believe Kirsty's actions against Fiz recently [and yet his incredible fear about her finding him at Fiz's house] was infuriating...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    I do feel sorry for him as i know a woman in his situation, but as a soap opera it's meant to demonstrate problems but also resolve them in a time frame which doesn't dissuade the audience, which i believe it has
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    I find the storyline very dull. The budgie likes it.
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    It's not about feeling more sympathy for a female victim of domestic abuse it's about being flabbergasted that Tyrone has thrown every offer of help back in the face of whichever friend has offered it. I guess it's the story itself that stops us from having sympathy with the victim of domestic abuse here as if it was a woman who acted like Tyrone is then I'd feel just as little sympathy.

IMO he has done everything to facilitate Kirsty's violence which in turn puts Ruby in danger. She should be his first priority and he should have gone to the authorities ages ago and if that resulted in Ruby going into care wouldn't that be preferable to having around a violent and unpredictable mother?
    Forum Member
    It's not about feeling more sympathy for a female victim of domestic abuse it's about being flabbergasted that Tyrone has thrown every offer of help back in the face of whichever friend has offered it. I guess it's the story itself that stops us from having sympathy with the victim of domestic abuse here as if it was a woman who acted like Tyrone is then I'd feel just as little sympathy.

IMO he has done everything to facilitate Kirsty's violence which in turn puts Ruby in danger. She should be his first priority and he should have gone to the authorities ages ago and if that resulted in Ruby going into care wouldn't that be preferable to having around a violent and unpredictable mother?

Trev - how dare you come on here speaking common sense in that informed, well balanced, analytical way that takes into account good, reasoned opinion. There is no place for it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BadRomance wrote: »
    I don't feel sorry for him and I actually enjoy seeing him getting a slap.

Lol :D
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    I don't feel sorry for him any more. At first I did, but like others have said, he has thrown his good mates, who were only trying to help him, under the bus, and actually has walked over them without feeling guilty about it.
  • barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    I don't feel sorry for him.I think he should have left her ages ago.