Options

Greatest Christmas tv moments CH5

Jolly JesterJolly Jester Posts: 225
Forum Member
Does ayone know what happened to this programme?
It appears on my Humax EPG, but currentyl CSI is on air/:confused:
Was looking forward to that aswell:(

Comments

• Options
    Jolly JesterJolly Jester Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    Sorry folks forget this, just seen it mentioned in "tv shows" forum
  • Options
    comedy89comedy89 Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its on my EPG and in the TV guide. Was going to watch a bit of it after the Clive Dunn tribute. More4 are showing a similar programme anyway.
  • Options
    djleekeedjleekee Posts: 1,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was just thinking EXACTLY the same thing?

Maybe it was a late tape delivery or they realised that certain celebrities like Jimmy Savile for instance may have appeared in it?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    Ditto to noticing this. It is listed in the Radio Times and on my freeview EPG, although the Sky EPG shows CSI.

An odd decision and a bit of a shame. I was going to watch it whilst wrapping presents. Instead, I've just watched the Gavin & Stacy Christmas special on Dave lol. Heyho.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    djleekee wrote: »
    I was just thinking EXACTLY the same thing?

Maybe it was a late tape delivery or they realised that certain celebrities like Jimmy Savile for instance may have appeared in it?

I watched it the other day when I recorded it a while ago, and Jimmy Savile doesn't make an appearance. Even if he did, they had plenty of time to edit it.
  • Options
    IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was looking forward to watching the same show - I even put my rented DVD on early so it would end in time to catch it at 9pm, then saw CSI was on and had to put something else on. There wasn't really anything I wanted to watch though :-/ anyone happen to know if it'll be shown at another time? I enjoy watching documentaries like that at this time of year, there's not many around.
  • Options
    jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im guessing it probably was because of Stuart Hal, don't no this for sure. But its a knockout used to be massive at Christmas, and wouldn't be surprised if that programme hadn't got a mention on programme, and as he was the Commentator, it would have been very hard to have cut him out
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Im guessing it probably was because of Stuart Hal, don't no this for sure. But its a knockout used to be massive at Christmas, and wouldn't be surprised if that programme hadn't got a mention on programme, and as he was the Commentator, it would have been very hard to have cut him out

So was the the name to have come up a few weeks ago his age about fits but that's the first time I have heard of a name connected to it
  • Options
    jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So was the the name to have come up a few weeks ago his age about fits but that's the first time I have heard of a name connected to it

Yes it was him, maybe he was on the countdown.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's A Knockout was on the countdown, but it was also on Channel 4's 100 Greatest Christmas Moments, and that went out on More4 on Saturday night as planned.