Radio WM - Danny Kelly

cotton tailcotton tail Posts: 474
Forum Member
I was back in the Midlands for the first time in a while last week and I was listening to WM. I only listen for the local news and travel so I was quite surprised to hear this buffoon on who did not even know where the major junctions of the M6 running through Birmingham and the Black Country were. Someone was describing a travel incident and he got the name of the town completely wrong - it could have sent people in the wrong direction when trying to avoid it. Now I know this seems pedantic but I thought the whole point of local radio was to inform about events that matter locally. If the presenter doesnt know the major areas he claims to serve then get someone who does. (I was only really waiting to hear Franksy talk football!)

Rant over :D

Comments

• davie1924davie1924 Posts: 2,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was back in the Midlands for the first time in a while last week and I was listening to WM. I only listen for the local news and travel so I was quite surprised to hear this buffoon on who did not even know where the major junctions of the M6 running through Birmingham and the Black Country were. Someone was describing a travel incident and he got the name of the town completely wrong - it could have sent people in the wrong direction when trying to avoid it. Now I know this seems pedantic but I thought the whole point of local radio was to inform about events that matter locally. If the presenter doesnt know the major areas he claims to serve then get someone who does. (I was only really waiting to hear Franksy talk football!)

Rant over :D
    Might be missing something here, but what's Danny Kelly's involvement with Radio WM?
  • Thirteen SixThirteen Six Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    2pm - 4pm Monday to Friday
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2pm - 4pm Monday to Friday
    How does he make it into London for his 7pm show on Talksport?

I think Danny Kelly is a fantastic broadcaster!

Edit: A quick Google search informs me that there is more than one radio broadcaster called Danny Kelly!

Well I like this one!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_Kelly_(journalist)
  • fast leftfast left Posts: 2,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    luckily there is only one roni irani :o
  • The DifferenceThe Difference Posts: 21,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, another person with the same name as the nationally-known talkSPORT presenter is the afternoon host on BBC WM. The Danny Kelly in question is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_Kelly_(BBC_WM_presenter)
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Radio Wm Danny Kelly is more famous for an 'incident' involving a certain senior Royal & a certain social networking site!

(If you're reading this DK, as I know you've slagged off DS before, good afternoon ! :D )