F1 Coverage - The Verdict: 2014 Season

Comments

• cocarrollcocarroll Posts: 973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could've used it as an opportunity to promote the extra feeds to get a few more viewers on the on-board than usual. Nahhhh....:(

Normally I leave the On-Board mix on the second screen, but I had to go and hunt for the Hamilton on-board to follow what was happening - that's the first time I have done that I think. I was shouting at the screen as he rose through the ranks on the timing screen without seeing it on the World Feed :o
  • dansusdansus Posts: 2,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did watch the last 10 laps of the highlights and as usual Ben was having orgasms, while DC nearly got excited. Nearly..

I do get the feeling Ben has to do all the work and DC is along for the ride.
  • cocarrollcocarroll Posts: 973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dansus wrote: »
    I did watch the last 10 laps of the highlights and as usual Ben was having orgasms, while DC nearly got excited. Nearly..

I do get the feeling Ben has to do all the work and DC is along for the ride.

Maybe the BBC are trying to recreate the Murray/Hunt dynamic - The above description could also be applied to that partnership!!
  • Entropy_NebulaEntropy_Nebula Posts: 538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Coulthard doing excited would sound weird imo.....

It's kinda like putting toothpaste back in the tube....never gonna happen!

He's fine as he is, he's been brought in for perspective not drama, leave that to Ben.

Ben blows his wad when someone drops 0.3 in the pits, it's a given he'll be in the clouds with close racing.

All three teams do a solid job.
  • solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bit OT (and a bit random) but Round 2 of Formula E has been postponed for 5 weeks basically so it can fit in with the busy schedule of the Prime Minister of Malaysia.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/115216

Not a big deal but it does mean a 10 week gap between Round 1 and 2, which seems less than ideal.
  • popeye13popeye13 Posts: 8,573
    Forum Member
    solarflare wrote: »
    Bit OT (and a bit random) but Round 2 of Formula E has been postponed for 5 weeks basically so it can fit in with the busy schedule of the Prime Minister of Malaysia.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/115216

Not a big deal but it does mean a 10 week gap between Round 1 and 2, which seems less than ideal.

Oh wow... Talk about stupid!
    Why?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!
  • codename_47codename_47 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    DTM qualifying on ESPN but the RACE on BT Sports?

Eh? Has this been the normal Modus Operandi for DTM this season or have I just not noticing because more exciting championships have been racing? :confused:
    Forum Member
    DTM qualifying on ESPN but the RACE on BT Sports?

Eh? Has this been the normal Modus Operandi for DTM this season or have I just not noticing because more exciting championships have been racing? :confused:

BT have a habit of moving things around channels from BT Sport 2 to ESPN to BT Sport 1 to ESPN to BT Sport 2 again.....
    Yet they never seem to move the 30 for 30 films off BT Sport 2 that they run day after day after day after day.....
    So if like me, you enjoy DTM and the IndyCar series, its never on the same place as the last race. It gets irritating
  • FOMFanFOMFan Posts: 5,466
    Forum Member
    popeye13 wrote: »
    BT have a habit of moving things around channels from BT Sport 2 to ESPN to BT Sport 1 to ESPN to BT Sport 2 again.....
    Yet they never seem to move the 30 for 30 films off BT Sport 2 that they run day after day after day after day.....
    So if like me, you enjoy DTM and the IndyCar series, its never on the same place as the last race. It gets irritating
    They should just get it over with and rename ESPN to BT Sport 3...
  • D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FOM Fan wrote: »
    They should just get it over with and rename ESPN to BT Sport 3...

Contractual obligations prevent them from doing that.
    Forum Member
    D.M.N. wrote: »
    Contractual obligations prevent them from doing that.

Quite the contrary actually.

When BT bought the ESPN channel operations, they also licenced the ESPN branding from ESPN Inc. but are able to terminate that licence at their discretion.

Personally, i think they've kept the ESPN branding around as people associate it with US sports and its where 90% of the US sport they have the rights for is shown.
    So its makes sense to keep it ESPN.
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,611
    Forum Member
    Could they call it BT ESPN or even BT US?
    Forum Member
    gomezz wrote: »
    Could they call it BT ESPN or even BT US?

Why?
    Why change what people already know and are used to for the sake of a change?

To me, and many others, ESPN = US, US sports. Why mess with it?
    Forum Member
    So people know it is part of the BT stable.
    Forum Member
    So people know it is part of the BT stable.

People know
    Forum Member
    How do you know that?
    Forum Member
    How do you know that?

Seriously?! We're gonna do this?
    Forum Member
    Pardon me, for not just taking the word of some random on this. To be so sure you must have something to back it up.
  • stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,395
    Forum Member
    Friend of my dad's has some questions about SSF1 on Virgin Media.

Is the HD channel available?
    Do you get the same red button stuff you get on Sky for every session?
    And finally do you get the race control online/mobile content?
    Forum Member
    Pardon me, for not just taking the word of some random on this. To be so sure you must have something to back it up.

Its common knowledge! Nothing insider.

Yes its in HD
    Yes to race control
    No idea about online & mobile content, sorry
    Forum Member
    popeye13 wrote: »
    Its common knowledge! Nothing insider.
    So just your opinion. Thanks for clearing it up. I disagree (which is my opinion).
    Forum Member
    So just your opinion. Thanks for clearing it up. I disagree (which is my opinion).

If you don't know that ESPN UK is now part of BT Sport, then you must have been off the planet for the last year
    And as i said, clearly!! Its common knowledge. Big difference.

And, this i the F1 thread, not the BT thread, so lets allow the topic to get back on where is should be eh?
    Forum Member
    I know. You know. I doubt most people know. I even doubt most people who it would benefit to know, know.
  • FOMFanFOMFan Posts: 5,466
    Forum Member
    IMO ESPN shows a mixture of sports from various countries, it's hardly just US sports anymore. Plus ESPN shares a lot of content with the 2 main BT Sport channels now, i.e. I've seen live IndyCar stuff not just shown on ESPN, but on BT Sport 2 at times.
  • Fletch10Fletch10 Posts: 499
    Forum Member

You can now login to the Sky Sports app with a Virgin Media login to access race control etc.
This discussion has been closed.