I'm not dumb, but what is the link?

Badabing1966Badabing1966 Posts: 874
Forum Member
✭✭
You know that advert on TV for Digestive biscuits, when the puppies come out of the packet, I can't understand what the link is between puppies and biscuits, puppies are cute, biscuits are not, what am I not understanding please?:confused:

Comments

• NoseyLouieNoseyLouie Posts: 5,651
    Forum Member
    To make you associate the biscuits with a warm fuzzy satisfied feeling I suppose...hopefully not make you go 'Ooh I could murder a cuppa and a furry kitten'

:D

It is a bit daft and disturbing to me anyway.

Biscuits are nice but I then get, the Mr Creosote feeling towards them if I over induldge
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    I got a pack with kittens in and had to chuck them in the river.

I was hoping for puppies.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,258
    Forum Member
    You know that advert on TV for Digestive biscuits, when the puppies come out of the packet, I can't understand what the link is between puppies and biscuits, puppies are cute, biscuits are not, what am I not understanding please?:confused:

You're supposed to go and eat a puppy.
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The concept of advertising?
  • Badabing1966Badabing1966 Posts: 874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stoatie wrote: »
    The concept of advertising?

I suppose the advert worked a bit because we are talking about it, but it still doesn't want to make me go out and but a packet, anyway I get the Tesco cheap range now, in fact they taste nicer. You get a Dodo in them.:D
  • Victim Of FateVictim Of Fate Posts: 5,157
    Forum Member
    It's supposed to make you think that Digestive biscuits are comforting rather than cute.
  • AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The advert was originally commissioned in China?
  • bspacebspace Posts: 14,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Si_Crewe wrote: »
    I got a pack with kittens in and had to chuck them in the river.

I was hoping for puppies.

I know, its so much more satisfying chucking puppies in the river than kittens. :p:D
  • gasheadgashead Posts: 13,815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I 'got' the association between cute, furry little animals and cute, furry little biscuits, but not the music they use, namely Blockbusters, Fawlty Towers and, bizzarely, Murder She Wrote. Surely to keep the warm, snuggly association they'd have been better off using old skool 'Watch With Mother' type stuff, e.g. Bagpuss, Trumpton, Andy Pandy etc, or Last Of The Summer Wine or something?
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    bspace wrote: »
    I know, its so much more satisfying chucking puppies in the river than kittens. :p:D

Throw puppies in the river?! The very thought! >:(

I was going to put them in a casserole and have them for dinner.
  • James_MayJames_May Posts: 606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haven't seen the ad but going by the various descriptions - favourite TV shows, puppies, nice biscuits - I guess the concept is "creature comforts". To sit down and relax with a nice brew, watching a TV favourite and having a nice biscuit to dunk?
  • Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    advertsers are starting to copy you tube. everyone likes a puppy.....
  • Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NoseyLouie wrote: »

Biscuits are nice but I then get, the Mr Creosote feeling towards them if I over induldge
    But surely you would have room for a waffer theen meent?
  • birdonawirebirdonawire Posts: 1,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you ever sniffed a dogs paws? they smell of digestive biscuits, true:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    same as a gorilla banging about on drums to phil collins for chocolate ... adverts dont need to make sense to work i guess lol

but in all seriousness. My friend works at one of the mcvities factories, and she tells me when i asked her, that its all related to it being a "sweeeet" campaign. Puppies and cats are sweet, as are biscuits (just different meanings of the word sweet), and also a play on the popular lingo of da kidz today saying things are "sweet" meaning cool, great, brill etc, which mcvities are saying they are. But i also think the above answers about creature comforts also play a part in the psychology of it all! So now you know ! :)
  • SkycladSkyclad Posts: 3,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Addisonian wrote: »
    The advert was originally commissioned in China?

Hehe - I love a good bit of racism.
  • NoseyLouieNoseyLouie Posts: 5,651
    Forum Member
    Well if you find cack in your biccies, they cant deny they were testing kits and pups in the wrappings..

wait for digestive doggy poo bags..aww..cute!

it is a leap in stupidness or surrealism.

I welcome poo bags with tokens collected from biscuits..70p sae for 100 bags..taking the biscuit..hehe!