Options

Countdown - 70th series and 6,000th show

davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,638
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Countdown today reaches its 6,000th show which means it is now in the Guinness Book Of Records as the longest running show of its type.

Don't watch it as much as I used to but it's still en enjoyable show.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-29072573

Comments

• Options
    stewartuustewartuu Posts: 334
    Forum Member
    A pleasant oasis in a minefield of red-boxed ordure. Long live Countdown!

It's the only thing I go to C4 for these days. It's good to see also that Nick is staying for at least another year; despite initial reservations, I think he has settled in rather well, and I hope he sticks with it for as long as possible.
  • Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Richard Whiteley will be smiling down itching to be the one that tells the viewers it's the 6000th show.

10 years ago he left but he will always be Countdown.
  • Options
    JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    Richard would be glad to see his baby boy reach this milestone (and I bet if he was still around he would still be doing it today) would almost have to unglue him from the chair
  • Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JSemple3 wrote: »
    Richard would be glad to see his baby boy reach this milestone (and I bet if he was still around he would still be doing it today) would almost have to unglue him from the chair

I am not sure of that to be honest he left Calendar when he felt both shows were getting too much, I think he would have emotionally left the show maybe around his 65th birthday.

I think Kathryn would have made sure he left if she felt it was right thing for him to do, he would happily have retired and enjoyed his beloved Yorkshire.

I don't think Richard would not have stayed in continued slipping of the ratings.
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Couldn't they see Downsized? it was shouting out of the screen. Rachel looked particularly lovely today.
  • Options
    pmbondpmbond Posts: 876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    valkay wrote: »
    Couldn't they see Downsized? it was shouting out of the screen.

Glad it wasn't just me and I'm useless at the conundrums usually. The numbers have been also poor in the last few days when I have seen them.
  • Options
    JohnCurryJohnCurry Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am feeling pleased with myself today because I got an 8, and one which Suzy missed: WREATHED
  • Options
    Roj_BlakeRoj_Blake Posts: 5,614
    Forum Member
    You should be feeling doubly pleased John. Getting the numbers 5, 9, 14, 16 and 58, and making #8 out of them is no mean feat.